+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Can we create EE profile early for CEC before 12 Months

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I'm really confuse and need your advice. I would like to know if we can create EE profile for CEC category before 12 months.

Your suggestions are appreciated. ::)

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why? it'll just tell you you're ineligible as you haven't met the requirements for CEC.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
why? it'll just tell you you're ineligible as you haven't met the requirements for CEC.
I started working in O category from FEB 18 2014 to July 15 2014 my work permit expired and i continue to work till sep 10 2014 under implied status.

Downtime from Sep 10 -2014 to Dec 1 2014 (LMIA workpermit and Restored Status) and working since then.

Wondering when can i apply under CEC

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't really know, except they've changed it and to get work experience points for CEC your 12 months need to be continuous.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
I don't really know, except they've changed it and to get work experience points for CEC your 12 months need to be continuous.

Continuous work isn't require for CEC

You must:

have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is now. This is a quote from the Ministerial Instructions: Look at (b) where it says continuous.

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that
(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of continuous full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1).

^ this is to get points for your work experience. it needs to be continuous. you can possibly still be eligible to apply under CEC with the experience not being continuous, but it won't be recognised for points.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
it is now. This is a quote from the Ministerial Instructions: Look at (b) where it says continuous.

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that
(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of continuous full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1).
that's weird i don't know sometime its difficult. My friend received his PR under CEC category with 12 months of experience in one and half year with downtime more than 4 months.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that was the old system. you can still be eligible to apply under CEC without having the 12 months continuous, but under EE, if you need points, it won't give you any for work experience that's not continuous.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
that was the old system. you can still be eligible to apply under CEC without having the 12 months continuous, but under EE, if you need points, it won't give you any for work experience that's not continuous.
Thanks for your reply purplesnow

So as i understand i can still apply for EE with less than a year experience ?

If I put my experience as none in both category Canada and Foreign I'm points are approximately 850.

What do you suggest? do I make my EE profile ?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no. if you want to apply under CEC, you still need to have 12 months experience.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
I must be some glitch in the matrix because I have received points for one year work experience that was aggregate not continuous