+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry based on LMIA (Not fair to international Grads)

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Dennia said:
This response is for my friend Marcus66504,
Reference link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
he's probably seen this link about 30 times (or with his previous account (?)) and refused to believe what is written there...

it's the open internet forum, just don't get too seriously mad with these people and stop make trolls famous

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Dennia said:
This response is for my friend Marcus66504, "I have dared many people to show me some document from the Government of Canada that promises direct PR status for anyone who's paid tuition money to a Canadian college. So far, nobody's been able to produce any such document."

This is something that is still available on the CIC site, "The PGWPP allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)". Reference link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

You might call this CIC is marketing their country to get students , but I call this giving fake hopes to young students and parents . Based on the current system a PGWP doesn't qualify you for a PR.

Everyone on this forum are not cribbing or accusing CIC for giving them fake hope, all their demanding is some respect for their contribution to Canadian economy and hardwork. Whether they get their PR or not entirely depends on their qualification,but every International students does deserve a shot.
You still haven't answered Marcus' dare. What you posted actually supports what Marcus said. All that statement says is that it'll *help* with gaining experience that can be used towards applying for PR. And it is accurate, it gives an applicant more points on their profile.
It does not in anyway, shape, or form, promise PR. If someone reads into it too much, then they are at fault, not the CIC. We have no right to demand anything from Canada.

cymromoir

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66504 said:
It's very rare for someone to ask for my opinion.

Not that my opinion matters, but since you asked ....

From what you wrote, especially towards the end, it seems like you don't really care how EE deals with candidates as long as it starts favoring the people in your class, the PGWPs, and giving you what you want. It's the same line screamed by any other PGWP holder: "I deserve PR because I studied and worked here."

Well guess what .... The Government of Canada disagrees. It's their opinion that matters, not yours.

You don't get to evaluate your own self-worth in life. That's not how it works. Others get to evaluate you. If I could get the rewards in my life based on my own assessment of what I deserve, I'd be in the US now.

I hope you're either a millionaire or a movie star because only rich people and those in movies get what they want.

Plus one for you.

ASky89

Jan 26, 2015
lol please do not put people down by some pseudo-philosophical conclusions.

International grads are considered to be very suitable candidates not only for receiving CANADIAN education, which ideally should place them higher on skills transferability scale, but also due to potentially smoother integration to the society. They have :

a) jobs and network established;
b) circle of friends;
c) confirmed contribution to canadian economy based on the fees they paid;
d) might already have property in place;
e) already contributed by paying taxes;
d) and quess what, they did not take away the canadian jobs, as canadian are the first to be admitted for the position all else equal.

PR is not based on your personality, or how much you deserve it, ideally it should have represented the "fit" to the society. Issuing it on LMIA is favoring ones are not in Canada flips the premise of the intergration into Canadian society.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ASky89 said:
PR is not based on your personality, or how much you deserve it, ideally it should have represented the "fit" to the society. Issuing it on LMIA is favoring ones are not in Canada flips the premise of the intergration into Canadian society.
I doubt any one was arguing about personality. What makes you assume when LMIA is mentioned, it is about the people NOT IN CANADA. As of today, majority of EE applicants with LMIA are already here working and paying taxes for a while. It is the first time they have been given preference that way in immigration so at the moment there are scores of them with probably very few applying from outside.

Any of the positives mentioned for PGWP holders - LMIA ones have too plus a lot more - including paying taxes (specially for a justified highly skilled and experienced role, the compensation is way higher and consequently taxes too).

All this plus according to government of Canada, they are not taking about jobs of Canadians again because of LMIA. It is some what disheartening but again as others said, Canada didn't promise PR in exchange of education and fee. Personally i agree that they should have SOME privilege (either some way to assess their jobs without LMIA) or may be some more points for Canadian experience. Unfortunately, that is just my opinion and only that of CIC matters.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
The one who goes through the treacherous river would only know and understand the difficulties of crossing the river.

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just want to ask if anyone who already received Invitation to Apply via Express Entry and having LMIA?
Thanks in advance!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
I hope conservative government loses election in Oct and liberals bring some positive changes to express entry for international graduates.
http://www.canadasworld.ca/learnmor/whatdoesea/partyposit~5

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
ASky89 said:
International grads are considered to be very suitable candidates not only for receiving CANADIAN education, which ideally should place them higher on skills transferability scale, but also due to potentially smoother integration to the society.
Ideally, sure, they should be better candidates. Having actually interacted with many of them, a good chunk of them fall short of the ideal.

They have :

a) jobs and network established;
Some do. If they do, then they have the degree and the points for it, as well as Canadian work experience. This gets them points. Some of them can't find a job, at which point they aren't particularly ideal. If they can't manage to find a job after years in Canada, an open work permit, and some degree of language proficiency, there isn't much point in them getting Permanent Residency. They have already shown they can't adapt.

b) circle of friends;
So do some of the other applicants.

c) confirmed contribution to canadian economy based on the fees they paid;
They contribute to the economy, but they may do so less than other applicants. People who graduate from school typically will pay less in taxes than those with more established careers, and will be more likely to take Canadian jobs. Immigrants at present are driving down the standard of living of Canadians, so it's more important than ever to select those who will contribute highly to Canada, rather than just chipping a few thousand dollars each into the economy.

d) might already have property in place;
With the banks that offer newcomer mortgages, that doesn't really mean much.

e) already contributed by paying taxes;
How much taxes will most of them pay, given that they were full-time students who hadn't graduated. It's generally low-skill jobs, competing with Canadians, with minor amounts of taxes paid. Taxes that would have been paid by Canadians, if they hadn't taken their jobs.

d) and quess what, they did not take away the canadian jobs, as canadian are the first to be admitted for the position all else equal.
All else isn't equal. Desperate immigrants aren't going to negotiate harshly for wages, as they need the points. They let employers offer too little to attract qualified candidates, and take the jobs away from Canadians.

PR is not based on your personality, or how much you deserve it
How much you deserve it is exactly the point. The system is designed to be merit based. If you pay for an education, you get an education. The point is not to let people buy their way into Permanent Residency by simply coming up with a few dollars and sitting through classes.

ideally it should have represented the "fit" to the society.
Why? Canada needs only a few immigrants, and should focus only on the best. Not the ones that "fit".

Issuing it on LMIA is favoring ones are not in Canada flips the premise of the intergration into Canadian society.
That's not the premise.