Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
This would be my last post here..

Today I got my PR card ..

June 29 th Landing ;

Total = 80 days I got my PR card

My ECAS over all status Complete with following lines

We received your application for permanent residence on March 6, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 11, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
You entered Canada at the XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Airport office on June 29, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.

Good luck to you all ...
That's cool!! congratulations on receiving your PRC... it seems that the turn around time is about 7 weeks which is within the time frame I was told (6 to 8 weeks)!!

kingofsky

Jul 3, 2015
nodet said:
Thanks for your real helpful post! I have the same situation, My passport is expiring in 6 months and 10 days and I have a late May Aor (ITA March 27th). I am inside canada but I am "NOT" from a visa exempt country! Are you sure that even for me I do not need to have a 6 months valid Passport?! In your PPR did they mentioned that you do have to send a passport which is valid for more than six months and then you emailed them about it and they said it is okey you can send the old passport? Or they did not even ask in the ppr letter for more than 6 month valid passport?

Would you please post the exact Email that CIC have sent for you?

Thank you in advance!
Yes that's correct. I am not from Visa exempt country as well. My passport is expiring this December.
My PPR clearly states that i should submit a passport only with 6 month validity, thats why i sent my passport for renewal and sent an email to CIC regarding my situation. CIC replied after about 2 weeks.

The exact email:

Dear xxx,
"As you are currently residing in Canada, you do not need renewed passports in order to receive your visas. Please provide us with your current passports."

Hope this helps

nodet

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is awesome. Such a relief for me! Thanks for posting your experience. I hope you get your passport back soon and have a wonderfull landing :)

kingofsky said:
Yes that's correct. I am not from Visa exempt country as well. My passport is expiring this December.
My PPR clearly states that i should submit a passport only with 6 month validity, thats why i sent my passport for renewal and sent an email to CIC regarding my situation. CIC replied after about 2 weeks.

The exact email:

Dear xxx,
"As you are currently residing in Canada, you do not need renewed passports in order to receive your visas. Please provide us with your current passports."

Hope this helps

kingofsky

Jul 3, 2015
nodet said:
That is awesome. Such a relief for me! Thanks for posting your experience. I hope you get your passport back soon and have a wonderfull landing :)
Cheers!! Good luck to you as well!!!

JustCanada

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Manila
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
16 September 2015-IELTS and 02 February 2016 -Bank Records & Payslips
AOR Received.
10 September 2015
Passport Req..
June 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 9, 2016 (To GOD be the glory!)
krishna19 said:
This would be my last post here..

Today I got my PR card ..

June 29 th Landing ;

Total = 80 days I got my PR card

My ECAS over all status Complete with following lines

We received your application for permanent residence on March 6, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 11, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
You entered Canada at the XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Airport office on June 29, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.

Good luck to you all ...
Wow! I'm very happy for you Krishna!

We are also praying together with all the applicants (for sure :)) to reach your level right now!

My timeline is:
Received ITA : April 24, 2015
Confirmation of Online Application & AOR : September 10, 2015
Request Letter for IELTS of Spouse (additional document) : September 15, 2015

Status as of September 17, 2015:
Application Status : Open
Review of eligibility : Review in Progress
Review of medical results : Passed
Review of submitted documents : Provided
Scheduling an interview : Not needed at this time
A background check is needed : Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached : Not started

May God's favor and help be upon all applicants!

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JustCanada said:
Wow! I'm very happy for you Krishna!

We are also praying together with all the applicants (for sure :)) to reach your level right now!

My timeline is:
Received ITA : April 24, 2015
Confirmation of Online Application & AOR : September 10, 2015
Request Letter for IELTS of Spouse (additional document) : September 15, 2015

Status as of September 17, 2015:
Application Status : Open
Review of eligibility : Review in Progress
Review of medical results : Passed
Review of submitted documents : Provided
Scheduling an interview : Not needed at this time
A background check is needed : Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached : Not started

May God's favor and help be upon all applicants!
How could you have received your ITA on April 24 and submitted September 10. I thought they give you 60 days to submit from the ITA date?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nodet said:
Though i would caution that the earlier CIC response does not assume that you would go to border to do your landing. Although that is the common route people take, it is not the official one. TRV's value is for entering Canada from border only UNLESS you already hold a PR.

There have been posts on this very thread where individual CBSA officers treated people badly on less common borders saying why didn't you go to CIC office.

If i was in this situation, i would either get a renewed passport. If not, i would book an appointment with CIC office in side Canada to do landing instead of going to border. Give or take that might add a month or two in landing, but it is safer and CIC understands procedures much better than CBSA being a different agency.

I have seen a case or two in which the applicant had some benefit of going to CIC office. E.g. i know some body who was on an LMIA based work permit but intended to move to join a new job by the time he went for his landing at a CIC office. They got all his details and made arrangements to send his PR card as well as health card to the new province / location of job. I really doubt CBSA could do that.

ssdn

Star Member
May 14, 2015
In Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-05-2015
hi guys
need ur help and advice pls

i got request for schedule A for me and my wife, but they have asked just to answer 2 points, so its better to fill only those 2 points, right ? 6 d and 6 e actually i already filled that at submission time and confirmed that we both had been refused a visitor visa for canada years ago due to unsufficent funds.

> Schedule A: Please provide an explanation for your answer to Statutory Question (6)d
and (6)e. This must be received at this office by: 2015/09/24

please advise and pls advise if i can fill on line ( in this case i cannot sign ) or i have to print and then sign and scan ?

and ofcourse i will tell them that i was been refused permanent resident visa in 2014, due to lack of lmia, ( reason specified by visa officer )

thanks a lot

nodet

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good advice, I will keep it in my mind.
Thanks for your help and time

fkl said:
Though i would caution that the earlier CIC response does not assume that you would go to border to do your landing. Although that is the common route people take, it is not the official one. TRV's value is for entering Canada from border only UNLESS you already hold a PR.

There have been posts on this very thread where individual CBSA officers treated people badly on less common borders saying why didn't you go to CIC office.

If i was in this situation, i would either get a renewed passport. If not, i would book an appointment with CIC office in side Canada to do landing instead of going to border. Give or take that might add a month or two in landing, but it is safer and CIC understands procedures much better than CBSA being a different agency.

I have seen a case or two in which the applicant had some benefit of going to CIC office. E.g. i know some body who was on an LMIA based work permit but intended to move to join a new job by the time he went for his landing at a CIC office. They got all his details and made arrangements to send his PR card as well as health card to the new province / location of job. I really doubt CBSA could do that.

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAlhadka said:
That's cool!! congratulations on receiving your PRC... it seems that the turn around time is about 7 weeks which is within the time frame I was told (6 to 8 weeks)!!
80 calendar days is more like 11 and a half weeks. I became PR mid July and I'm still waiting for my PR card.
Current processing time seems to be lower, 59 calendar days as of today according to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
toben said:
80 calendar days is more like 11 and a half weeks. I became PR mid July and I'm still waiting for my PR card.
Current processing time seems to be lower, 59 calendar days as of today according to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.
+1 for you, very helpful info. I have a question that no one has answered yet despite me creating a separate thread for it altogther: My fiance, who is a Permanent Resident and lives in BC, and I , have set our wedding date in mid-Jan. I'm hoping to have my PR soon. Earlier, I was planning on going to Canada, getting the PR card and then returning together to get married. But since the PR has gotten a bit delayed, I'm thinking of landing and fulfilling the formalities, apply for the card and return to my home country. I will give a relative's address where the card can be delivered and then brought to me so I can travel back after marriage. Does this sound do-able? Will there be any issues? What's your opinion? Thanks a lot in advance!

pawan_kumar

May 18, 2015
Hi all I need your suggestion , its been a month waiting after decision made on my e cas, and after that there is no e mail from CIC. Call centre does not answer anything, what should I do, is anyone else also having the same situation, is it good or bad???
Pls share your valuable thoughts.

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Since my ecas status went to in process on 15th Aug, I have been checking my status almost 50 times a day.
No updates after rprf on 11th Sep. waiting for status change eagerly now.
Hope CIC will start processing applications faster and all of us receive positive news soon

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Guys,

I got ITA with 451 and submitted the application on 8th Sep.
Medical passed and BG IN progress..

Same time i have got formal application request from PEI...?

Can i send the application to PEI? or any problem?
I m not sure if my current application will go till the end and my score dropped to 446 after my recent birthday..
Not sure in next ITA too....

pls suggest

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB007 said:
+1 for you, very helpful info. I have a question that no one has answered yet despite me creating a separate thread for it altogther: My fiance, who is a Permanent Resident and lives in BC, and I , have set our wedding date in mid-Jan. I'm hoping to have my PR soon. Earlier, I was planning on going to Canada, getting the PR card and then returning together to get married. But since the PR has gotten a bit delayed, I'm thinking of landing and fulfilling the formalities, apply for the card and return to my home country. I will give a relative's address where the card can be delivered and then brought to me so I can travel back after marriage. Does this sound do-able? Will there be any issues? What's your opinion? Thanks a lot in advance!
There is a resident visa that you can apply for in the absence of the PRC - you can apply for it while in Canada before you leave or from your home country and I believe it doesn't take as long as the PRC - that's what the officer advised us on the boarder in case we want to travel before the PRC arrives!