+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
rajkamalmohanram said:
They do not call up employers for all the applicants. I believe they do it in a random fashion. IMO, they might call up spouse's employer too, no surprises there but its just more unlikely! PA's employment verification would be their priority.
True. Not necessarily phone calls. They must have different methods of doing a BG check.
I heard from others that their employers did not all get phone calls before they received PPR.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Miumiu said:
True. Not necessarily phone calls. They must have different methods of doing a BG check.
I heard from others that their employers did not all get phone calls before they received PPR.
exactly. I believe it would be a random check and it also depends where your app is being processed. I think mine was processed with my local VO rather than Ottawa.

They sent e-mail to my employer.

All the best.

alde81

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
is there any ppr people recently recieved bio data form? because I just got 4 pages, I'm so confuse my work mate recieve it, but me, none and I already send my passport today to ottawa. please I need confirmation about it, because it will cause a delay for me. need input pls!

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alde81 said:
is there any ppr people recently recieved bio data form? because I just got 4 pages, I'm so confuse my work mate recieve it, but me, none and I already send my passport today to ottawa. please I need confirmation about it, because it will cause a delay for me. need input pls!
No biodata form for us, application approved today!

Barista

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23 2015
Doc's Request.
(Celpip) 15 05 15
AOR Received.
15 05 15
Guys any idea how many days before they send the passport back? Its been a week now for my passport and still the tracking code is not visible yet..

http404

Aug 31, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
They do not call up employers for all the applicants. I believe they do it in a random fashion. IMO, they might call up spouse's employer too, no surprises there but its just more unlikely! PA's employment verification would be their priority.
They only call employers when you do not have proper strong employment related documents int he application. So to provide a strong employment document this is what you need to do -
1. Employment Letter
a. Current employment letter that is less than 2 months old.
b. On company's letter head (color scanned copy).
c. Provides a background of the company in para 1.
d. Provides details of your employment start date, number of hours per week on your contract, your daily duties and responsibilities (make sure these are aligned with the NOC you quote in your application), salary, name and designation of the person you report in the firm.
e. Last paragraph with firm's contact details.

2. Payslips
a. Attach all payslips for this firm.

3. T4

4. Notice of Assessment

5. Original job contract, signed by you and the firm authority providing the contract with date of signing

Once there is strong proof for employment, the chances of the officer to not be convinced are less and no phone call verification will be required. Remember always, think logically by putting yourself in the shoes of the immigration officer and make a checklist of documents you would ask from an applicant to make sure his employment records are not fake. Goodluck.

http404

Aug 31, 2015
Barista said:
Guys any idea how many days before they send the passport back? Its been a week now for my passport and still the tracking code is not visible yet..
They took exact 7 BUSINESS DAYS in my case to activate the return shipping label. Ofcourse, this varies for everyone, but assume 7-10 Business days.

Iamsuresh55

Jun 10, 2015
Hi friends I am Suresh, got provincial nomination for Nova Scotia, I got Passport request on 31 aug 2015. Yesterday I submitted my docs. at Vfs chennai. Do anyone of you going to Nova Scotia?.., Plz do reply to this post. Thank you.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Iamsuresh55 said:
Hi friends I am Suresh, got provincial nomination for Nova Scotia, I got Passport request on 31 aug 2015. Yesterday I submitted my docs. at Vfs chennai. Do anyone of you going to Nova Scotia?.., Plz do reply to this post. Thank you.
Here this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t252227.0.html;msg4599583;topicseen#new

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
http404 said:
They only call employers when you do not have proper strong employment related documents int he application. So to provide a strong employment document this is what you need to do -
1. Employment Letter
a. Current employment letter that is less than 2 months old.
b. On company's letter head (color scanned copy).
c. Provides a background of the company in para 1.
d. Provides details of your employment start date, number of hours per week on your contract, your daily duties and responsibilities (make sure these are aligned with the NOC you quote in your application), salary, name and designation of the person you report in the firm.
e. Last paragraph with firm's contact details.

2. Payslips
a. Attach all payslips for this firm.

3. T4

4. Notice of Assessment

5. Original job contract, signed by you and the firm authority providing the contract with date of signing

Once there is strong proof for employment, the chances of the officer to not be convinced are less and no phone call verification will be required. Remember always, think logically by putting yourself in the shoes of the immigration officer and make a checklist of documents you would ask from an applicant to make sure his employment records are not fake. Goodluck.
I would disagree with you on this my friend. I had that was listed on here but still they called.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got asked to provide an electronic copy of my passport. they labelled it in the upload section as "Replacement".

I did not receive any correspondence or request letter asking for it. My CIC ' Review of Submitted Documents' section was simply updated as: " We need an additional document from the applicant". I went into my submitted application to search and found that they are requesting this copy of the passport.

I have no idea why they may need it.

I re-scanned it in higher resolution just in case the reason was that the resolution was too low in the electronic copy I provided back in May.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any thoughts on why this may have been requested?

EricCartman

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Canada
sam_172452 said:
Got asked to provide an electronic copy of my passport. they labelled it in the upload section as "Replacement".

I did not receive any correspondence or request letter asking for it. My CIC ' Review of Submitted Documents' section was simply updated as: " We need an additional document from the applicant". I went into my submitted application to search and found that they are requesting this copy of the passport.

I have no idea why they may need it.

I re-scanned it in higher resolution just in case the reason was that the resolution was too low in the electronic copy I provided back in May.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any thoughts on why this may have been requested?
I was asked to upload the same back in May under "replacement" because I didn't have a request for uploading my passport in my application.
It's a good sign either way , someone is looking into your application

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eefromusa said:
I was asked the copy of passport again within 1 week of AOR. Just scanned and uploaded it again.
@eefromusa and @EricCartman,

did they ask you for it through an official correspondence letter? Or did it just pop up again in the uploads section?