Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
SushilEE said:
It a sheer injustice to the top ITA rank holders who qualified at the top scores in Jan and Feb and are still struggling to get through.

On the other hand, some applications which stands no where close to top rankers are getting PPR in 4 to 8 weeks. Really frustrating to see the process.
Once you apply for Permanent Residency after an ITA, everyone is in the same bucket. I think its 'unfair' to call yourself a 'top ranker' and diss others who also rightly qualified and deserved an equal opportunity. All files are treated equally and your processing depends on to complexity in your application and your VO. So please, it is not any form of 'injustice' if your file takes longer than the others, you and others like you need to stop demanding preferential treatment. In all non Express Entry permanent residency applications, it takes close to a year to see any movement at all. So, be thankful and stop dissing other applicants.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
ARMANIZ said:
Be strong MaryAnneAB . You have LMO and you can easily get ITA again. If I were you I would create a new EE and also at the same time i send CSE with the doc that they wanted. they might reopen your EE. Be strong, you should be fine. Never is too late. I am also at work now and stressed about my application but have hopes you will get it.

You have my empathy

Best of luck,
They might have observed some other potential issues in her documentation which affected her case. So, I believe they were not satisfied and rejected. In your case they cancelled as they found as Incomplete. There is a difference between refusal and cancellation. In MaryAnneAB's case she don't even get the Application fee back. But for those whose application got cancelled will get the refund.

@ dragon17sky..Nope, not yet, it's still App Received. Hoping for it sooner. However, I submitted my eAPR in April 1st week and has 4 more months to get the final decision and I have my WP until next year. So, I am good and can be patient 8) 8) 8)!!

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
MaryAnneAB said:
Jaffa, would you apply for another EE and start fresh? Or would you fight with this app?

I see now which document they mean, it was my fault. However I've an LMO, I submitted the approved LMO, they had to have all the docs to get it approved. It's a technical thing. I understand why now but it's very brutal how they go about it. I submitted my original offer of employment, not the one with the start date when the LMO came into effect.

I'm shattered. I need to go to work now and I don't know how I'm going to make it through today. I want/ed this more than anything.
So sorry to hear this happened to you. I'm really surprised they didn't just request another document from you, especially since you have the LMO. It seems like it's kind of a gray area.
I'm kind of in the same situation, except with an LMIA. I started a job without the LMIA, I got my permit with NAFTA, but when the EE point system was revealed my company got me a LMIA. So, my LMIA job offer is pretty much the same as my original job offer. I had my HR manager write a cover letter at the beginning of the job offer explaining that this was for a full time, permanent position at the company.
When I got my doc list, I was very surprised that I wasn't asked to upload the LMIA. Then again, I wasn't asked to upload the IELTS or my ECA docs either. I did have to provide all the reference numbers on everything. So, I guess they just use those numbers to verify, but if they need to they'll request the originals as the CIC says they can request the docs at anytime.
If there's a lawyer at your company, I'd ask them which would be faster, try for a new ITA or try to get your file reopened.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
jaffa83 said:
They might have observed some other potential issues in her documentation which affected her case. So, I believe they were not satisfied and rejected. In your case they cancelled as they found as Incomplete. There is a difference between refusal and cancellation. In MaryAnneAB's case she don't even get the Application fee back. But for those whose application got cancelled will get the refund.

@ dragonsky..Nope, not yet, it's still App Received. Hoping for it sooner. However, I submitted my eAPR in April 1st week and has 4 more months to get the final decision and I have my WP until next year. So, I am good and can be patient 8) 8) 8)!!
Thank you for your reply Jaffa.
Best wishes!

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
dragon17Sky said:
Thank you for your reply Jaffa.
Best wishes!
Thanks and wish you the same.

@Saurabh(s)..can you guys share your timelines here.

MaryAnneAB

Jun 4, 2014
Thank you to all who replied with kind words and also suggestions.

It's my first day in over two years since I'm in Canada that I'll be missing a day of work. It feels like I was hit on the head, can't think clearly and sob uncontrollably.

I will order the GCMS notes, apply for another EE and see the options during the course of the day.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
MaryAnneAB said:
Thank you to all who replied with kind words and also suggestions.

It's my first day in over two years since I'm in Canada that I'll be missing a day of work. It feels like I was hit on the head, can't think clearly and sob uncontrollably.

I will order the GCMS notes, apply for another EE and see the options during the course of the day.
I know it is easy said than done but don't be upset Mary, you have a good job and a supporting employer, everything will be fine !

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
ARMANIZ said:
Be strong MaryAnneAB . You have LMO and you can easily get ITA again. If I were you I would create a new EE and also at the same time i send CSE with the doc that they wanted. they might reopen your EE. Be strong, you should be fine. Never is too late. I am also at work now and stressed about my application but have hopes you will get it.

You have my empathy

Best of luck,
@ARMANIZ , if Mary anne Ab, opens another EE profile and later her old EE profile is restored, will that not mean that she is having two (2) EE profiles at the same time? and how will she solve it< I have a similar situation to deal with here with a colleague.
Ji JI

tbcan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
silmarilli103 said:
Once you apply for Permanent Residency after an ITA, everyone is in the same bucket. I think its 'unfair' to call yourself a 'top ranker' and diss others who also rightly qualified and deserved an equal opportunity. All files are treated equally and your processing depends on to complexity in your application and your VO. So please, it is not any form of 'injustice' if your file takes longer than the others, you and others like you need to stop demanding preferential treatment. In all non Express Entry permanent residency applications, it takes close to a year to see any movement at all. So, be thankful and stop dissing other applicants.
I too agree that all should be equal once through ITA, and 'top ranker' is a little aloof... but equal should mean in my head - first in first out - obviously some exceptions with easier cases (i.e. 2-3 weeks quicker maybe a month) - but i totally understand the frustrations of those who sent in paperwork in feburary seeing people that submitted in April getting PPR....

trricky

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE created Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
18-04-2015
Nomination.....
18-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
IELTS Request
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Passport Req..
15 AUG 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 AUG 2015
LANDED..........
22 Aug 2015
rasber said:
That's correct. If your medicals are not received by CIC they won't start process. If its been long since you submitted your medicals, as Jaffa said contact your Doctor. On the other hand there might be lot of factors contributing to your medical delay, such as number of dependents on your file and any additional tests that your Doctor performed. You can check with your Doctor if any additional tests done like Liver/ Kidney etc. If there are additional tests involved, CIC Health Branch will most likely take min 2 months to get to your file.
Thanks, I've called the doctor that performed the medicals and he confirmed that they have been uploaded in March.
Do you think I should submit a CSE?

thanks

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
tbcan and silmarilli103 - Please do not feel offended but the fact is Express Entry is a point based system and this is not me but CIC itself says ''The invitations will be based solely on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score."

So my question to you as why 60% of people didn't qualified at the first round itself when the required CRS score was 900 plus. Of course, Express Entry system is a ranking system and people get selected based on merit. In earlier system, you were required to just qualify and not to prove you have better education or job in hand while applying for PR.

I agree to you that once you have got ITA then all are on same page. However, my comment was specifically with regards to guys getting selected first for ITA and still waiting on....

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
SushilEE said:
tbcan and silmarilli103 - Please do not feel offended but the fact is Express Entry is a point based system and this is not me but CIC itself says ''The invitations will be based solely on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score."

So my question to you as why 60% of people didn't qualified at the first round itself when the required CRS score was 900 plus. Of course, Express Entry system is a ranking system and people get selected based on merit. In earlier system, you were required to just qualify and not to prove you have better education or job in hand while applying for PR.

I agree to you that once you have got ITA then all are on same page. However, my comment was specifically with regards to guys getting selected first for ITA and still waiting on....
Take into consideration that as soon as you exceed the 600 mark the work and verification is more as the agent has more to verify ie. Lmo/lmia conditions of employment whether you breached it more is not alway better in this case less is better on 450 odd they don't need to do all that, so yeh better score means more work and longer time.....suck but it's true also first 4 was pilot new system bigger errors and learning curve we all knew and understood that's a possibility now we deal with just that. Just be patient it will sort itself out

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
bud_weiser said:
Take into consideration that as soon as you exceed the 600 mark the work and verification is more as the agent has more to verify ie. Lmo/lmia conditions of employment whether you breached it more is not alway better in this case less is better on 450 odd they don't need to do all that, so yeh better score means more work and longer time.....suck but it's true also first 4 was pilot new system bigger errors and learning curve we all knew and understood that's a possibility now we deal with just that. Just be patient it will sort itself out

Thanks Bud...you understand the pain. I know we are the victims of new process. Less score ultimately means less work for officers. However, its not our fault. We have been preparing for the EE system 6 months prior to its launch. So its not fair and there is no value for standing first in queue. Unfortunately, we have to live with it :(
Only positive I see is lots of learning through out this journey.

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
SushilEE said:

This discussion could go on forever guys... Who deserves or who doesn't is not up to any of us to decide but to CIC officers.

SushilEE, as your quote says, the "invitations" will be based solely on the CRS score, that doesn't mean that the whole process will.

Is someone with the extra 600 points better qualified than someone without them?
Maybe yes, maybe no. It goes case by case... eg.: Someone with 755 points without the extra 600 points ends up with 155 points, which is a very low score for education, age and work experience, in my opinion. While someone with 450 to 500 points solo (without the extra 600) has a good work and education levels.

We are all here to help and seek help, and I understand as well the frustration of early invited candidates since it's been over 4 months (for Feb ones), but express entry says "CIC aim is to process 80% of application within 6 months".

So lets all try to be patient and understand that we all want one thing here, to become a PR in Canada.

Good luck to us all guys and lets not stress out too much cuz it's Friday ;D

Cheers

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
SushilEE said:
Thanks Bud...you understand the pain. I know we are the victims of new process. Less score ultimately means less work for officers. However, its not our fault. We have been preparing for the EE system 6 months prior to its launch. So its not fair and there is no value for standing first in queue. Unfortunately, we have to live with it :(
Only positive I see is lots of learning through out this journey.
Unfair is 60 million child labours in India and 50 million starving kids in Africa ......we have first world problems .......look at the first four draws as pioneers ........not victims