21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
Righteous said:
I submitted my application on 27 April, received 1st AOR same day and 21 May received second AOR where it states that if I meet other requirements, I can use for BOWP even though i don't need it cos I applied outside of Canada.

Few days later I got PPR.

hopefully we would really know the flow of CIC.. what works for A isn't same for B.
Hi Righteous,

Congratulations on your PPR.

I observed from your previous post that you applied from Nigeria, i am confused as to why you wanted to apply for BOWP. Can you please explain that?

Also why did you apply from Nigeria and decide to have your passport sent to Ghana? I am asking because i am Nigerian.

Thanks.

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
kateg said:
They do not apply the education requirement when classifying jobs.
Hi kateg, Hope your reply holds true. A consultant has confused me that she will end up getting points for Post Secondary education only as that is the employment requirements for NOC 1311 which means CRS score will further decline. Even though she is having MBA equivalent to Master's in Canada.

Other members also please clarify...

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
aspiringme said:
Hi kateg, Hope your reply holds true. A consultant has confused me that she will end up getting points for Post Secondary education only as that is the employment requirements for NOC 1311 which means CRS score will further decline. Even though she is having MBA equivalent to Master's in Canada.

Other members also please clarify...
I agree with Kateg. Your consultant is mistaken, she will be awarded points for her highest assessed foreign degree, regardless of what her NOC is.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
ETE said:
Hi Righteous,

Congratulations on your PPR.

I observed from your previous post that you applied from Nigeria, i am confused as to why you wanted to apply for BOWP. Can you please explain that?

Also why did you apply from Nigeria and decide to have your passport sent to Ghana? I am asking because i am Nigerian.

Thanks.
Hey,

No, I didn't apply for BOWP. The second AOR that was issued to me and will most likely be issued to you clearly states that you can use it for a BOWP - which is for anyone in Canada that would require work permit. I think the letter is kind of generic irrespective of where you apply from

secondly,
Ghana is the nearest Permanent Residence visa office for Nigeria, as a matter of fact it's the only country in West Africa that process Canadian Permanent residency. when you receive you PPR, you will be instructed on where and how to send it.

All the best

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
ash10184 said:
Hi just a quick question.....how come you got an ITA with a score of 271? I am just a bit confused coz the cic site says "last person invited " ...has never been below 459. Pl let me know.....have over 450 points but haven't aplied for jobs etc. thanks
my bad .. I meant 471 .. got ITA on 27th march draw..

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
PandaSi said:
Hi guys, I saw a lot of u after submitting the additional request documents the status became to "In process" from "application received"I want to know, If they don't ask any additional files, will the status be the same and change to "in process" before PPR? thank u, guys. ;D
Thats what has happened with us .. no additional document has been requested, yet the status has changed to IN PROCESS..

I am just hoping that they dont need any additional document from us and have moved to next step .. fingers crossed

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
DoubleS said:
I agree with Kateg. Your consultant is mistaken, she will be awarded points for her highest assessed foreign degree, regardless of what her NOC is.
Kind Attn: DoubleS, Kateg

The person who is advising me is a licensed immigration representative based out of Vancouver. If you read between the lines as far as employment requirements for NOC 1311 that categorically states (Completion of secondary school is required.Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field). Therefore, apparently Bachelor and Master's degree are not prerequisite qualifications to pursue career as an Accounting technicians and bookkeepers. Obviously, why would immigration authorities award points for education which is not at all required. This dilemma is making my heart throb... Kindly suggest what is the right thing to do?

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
Sunshine928 said:
Hi do you guys know usually how long I can expect ECAS to have my application status ? Coz after a month and a week waiting, finally I got my medical passed. And which number do u use for checking ECAS? I used the one E000315185 there is no info. I submitted last yr in November and after I got back there's a UCI which one should I use to check? Thank you so much
@ Sunshine, u can use ur UCI number. That is what I am using and am getting results
Jiji

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
Righteous said:
Hey,

No, I didn't apply for BOWP. The second AOR that was issued to me and will most likely be issued to you clearly states that you can use it for a BOWP - which is for anyone in Canada that would require work permit. I think the letter is kind of generic irrespective of where you apply from

secondly,
Ghana is the nearest Permanent Residence visa office for Nigeria, as a matter of fact it's the only country in West Africa that process Canadian Permanent residency. when you receive you PPR, you will be instructed on where and how to send it.

All the best
Righteous, thanks for this response on AVO issuing visa, I was about to PM you on this B4. so where is the role LVO-LAGOS VISA OFFICE.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspiringme said:
Kind Attn: DoubleS, Kateg

The person who is advising me is a licensed immigration representative based out of Vancouver. If you read between the lines as far as employment requirements for NOC 1311 that categorically states (Completion of secondary school is required.Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field). Therefore, apparently Bachelor and Master's degree are not prerequisite qualifications to pursue career as an Accounting technicians and bookkeepers. Obviously, why would immigration authorities award points for education which is not at all required. This dilemma is making my heart throb... Kindly suggest what is the right thing to do?
Many people have correctly advised you but you still insist that your consultant is right so why bother asking for advice again?? She will be assessed and awarded points for her highest degree as previously explained. Completion of a Secondary School is required does not mean you must have this qualification to apply, it simply means this is the minimum to have. So are you now saying if someone wants to apply under a NOC that says completion of a Bachelor's degree is required but the person has a Master's degree the person doesn't qualify? Consultants aren't always right u know. Assess as her degree via WES and she'll get the points for that assessed degree and don't forget to chuck your consultant away, don't understand why you need one anyway.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JI JI IRAWO said:
Righteous, thanks for this response on AVO issuing visa, I was about to PM you on this B4. so where is the role LVO-LAGOS VISA OFFICE.
Ghana is the only local LVO visa office for West Africa as Righteous has previously explained.

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Anya654 said:
Many people have correctly advised you but you still insist that your consultant is right so why bother asking for advice again?? She will be assessed and awarded points for her highest degree as previously explained. Completion of a Secondary School is required does not mean you must have this qualification to apply, it simply means this is the minimum to have. So are you now saying if someone wants to apply under a NOC that says completion of a Bachelor's degree is required but the person has a Master's degree the person doesn't qualify? Consultants aren't always right u know. Assess as her degree via WES and she'll get the points for that assessed degree and don't forget to chuck your consultant away, don't understand why you need one anyway.
Hi Anya654, Thanks for the reply...
We have already got education qualification assessments done from WES. WES has assessed her Bachelor and Masters equivalent to Bachelor's(Four Years) and Masters in Canada respectively. The consultant observation is that we may get ITA sooner or later. However, in future when we submit documents to immigration authorities they will award points as per the qualification grid specified for NOC which in our case is NOC 1311. The employment requirements for the NOC 1311 is (Completion of secondary school is required. Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field). Therefore, keeping that in mind the points will decline for the education as she will end up getting points for Secondary school education only and not for bachelor and Masters.

Clarification is sought from the enlightened members of the forum

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspiringme said:
Hi Anya654, Thanks for the reply...
We have already got education qualification assessments done from WES. WES has assessed her Bachelor and Masters equivalent to Bachelor's(Four Years) and Masters in Canada respectively. The consultant observation is that we may get ITA sooner or later. However, in future when we submit documents to immigration authorities they will award points as per the qualification grid specified for NOC which in our case is NOC 1311. The employment requirements for the NOC 1311 is (Completion of secondary school is required. Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field). Therefore, keeping that in mind the points will decline for the education as she will end up getting points for Secondary school education only and not for bachelor and Masters.

Clarification is sought from the enlightened members of the forum
Don't you understand what we're trying to tell you? Please tell me where you saw that points are being assessed based on the NOC educational requirements? She's going to be awarded points for her Master's full stop. She won't be awarded any more points for her Bachelor's because points are only awarded for the highest qualification. The NOC grid is only a guide therefore her points can never decline!! Please see link below for how the CRS points are calculated:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Anya654 said:
Don't you understand what we're trying to tell you? Please tell me where you saw that points are being assessed based on the NOC educational requirements? She's going to be awarded points for her Master's full stop. She won't be awarded any more points for her Bachelor's because points are only awarded for the highest qualification. The NOC grid is only a guide therefore her points can never decline!! Please see link below for how the CRS points are calculated:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Thanks Anya654 for the charged up revert...
You are kind enough to untangle the jigsaw puzzle. One more clarification is sought as far as my eligibility is concerned. I did Bachelor (2004 pass out) as well as Masters (2008 pass out) in computer applications. However, my experience is in the banking sector(More than six years). In the opinion of the same consultant, I don't meet the eligibility criteria on the basis that my field of education and experience are different altogether. Does education and experience necessarily need to match? The NOC which matches my job duties is 6235 Financial sales representatives. The Employment requirements are:
Completion of secondary school and extensive general banking experience is usually required.
A bachelor's degree or college diploma related to commerce or economics may be required.
Kindly throw light...
Thanks in advance!