+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hi all,

I have a query regarding education and experience relevancy. My spouse did her Bachelor of Commerce (2006) and MBA (Finance) in 2008. Presently she is working with a Private Accounting Company for a Chartered Accountant for the past more than two years. Since she is not a Chartered accountant so we have zeroed in on NOC 1311 to apply under Express Entry as she can't apply under NOC 1111 as that NOC specifically applies to applicants having Chartered Accountant certification under their belt. However, a consultant has suggested that she is overqualified for the NOC 1311 (Accounting technicians and bookkeepers) and she will end up jeopardizing her chances of getting an ITA. Hence, I seek clarification from the forum.

Kindly help...

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
PandaSi said:
Hi guys, I saw a lot of u after submitting the additional request documents the status became to "In process" from "application received"I want to know, If they don't ask any additional files, will the status be the same and change to "in process" before PPR? thank u, guys. ;D
Not necessarily..but it can directly goes to Decision Made if they don't request addl docs. This has happened so far but not sure how CIC proceeds or changes it's pattern.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
aspiringme said:
Hi all,

I have a query regarding education and experience relevancy. My spouse did her Bachelor of Commerce (2006) and MBA (Finance) in 2008. Presently she is working with a Private Accounting Company for a Chartered Accountant for the past more than two years. Since she is not a Chartered accountant so we have zeroed in on NOC 1311 to apply under Express Entry as she can't apply under NOC 1111 as that NOC specifically applies to applicants having Chartered Accountant certification under their belt. However, a consultant has suggested that she is overqualified for the NOC 1311 (Accounting technicians and bookkeepers) and she will end up jeopardizing her chances of getting an ITA. Hence, I seek clarification from the forum.

Kindly help...
Just create the profile and if you make it with points you will get the ITA. During submission of application make a cover letter and explain the situation. I believe this works.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hey guys ..are you able to log in to ECAS...i tried but it says

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

tried different browser as well..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious_123 said:
Hey guys ..are you able to log in to ECAS...i tried but it says

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

tried different browser as well..
Happens off and on - try after sometime. I'm able to access it now.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
aspiringme said:
Hi all,

Kindly help...

Getting ITA and getting a job are not really connected (unless we're talking about LMIA). As long as she can provide the job letter to support the NOC 1311 claim, she should be fine. In fact, that's the NOC she'll probably start out in anyway.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
YamPower said:
Getting ITA and getting a job are not really connected (unless we're talking about LMIA). As long as she can provide the job letter to support the NOC 1311 claim, she should be fine. In fact, that's the NOC she'll probably start out in anyway.
Agreed with your observation!!

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
YamPower said:
Hi YamPower. Thanks for the reply.

The bone of contention is that since the Employment/Education requirements for NOC 1311 are (1. Completion of secondary school is required. 2. Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field) as per the HRSDC specifications. As per their version they would award points for the required qualification for the NOC 1311. As in our case she is overqualified for the main duties described for the NOC. My apprehension is that she won't get points for her Bachelor and Masters degree for which we have already got positive WES assessment and the concerned immigration authorities will award her points for the secondary school education only thereby her CRS score will take a nosedive. Kindly shed light...

sjrohit

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hi guys,

I have got an additional document request from cic, which I have to upload with in a week.

This is what they have written :
We have begun processing your application. To Make a decision we need following information:

Passport/travel documents : valid passport or travel document

Please upload these documents to you my cic account.

Has anyone else received a similar request? I am confused because I had already mentioned my passport details while filling the forms. Do they need a scan copy of my passport? That's what they meant?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Rohit

EricCartman

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Canada
sjrohit said:
Hi guys,

I have got an additional document request from cic, which I have to upload with in a week.

We have begun processing your application. To Make a decision we need following information:

Has anyone else received a similar request? I am confused because I had already mentioned my passport details while filling the forms. Do they need a scan copy of my passport? That's what they meant?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Rohit
I received the exact request letter.
I scanned my passport page alone with all stamps in it and upload it on mycic account
Any request I guess is a good thing :)

anvar21

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjrohit said:
Hi guys,

Please advise,

Thanks,

Rohit
I got same request on May 20th, next day I got update, medical passed, background check in progress.
I hope we all hear good news soon.

EricCartman

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Canada
anvar21 said:
I got same request on May 20th, next day I got update, medical passed, background check in progress.
I hope we all hear good news soon.
I got the same letter on May 19 and same updates the next day :)

I hope good news to follow soooon

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
My Ecas changed today to decision made from in proses 4th line added passports sent 5th June

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
bud_weiser said:
My Ecas changed today to decision made from in proses 4th line added passports sent 5th June
congrats man. How long did it take to get the visa from when you sent your Passport?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
bud_weiser said:
Congrats bud-weiser and thanks for update.