+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired COPR

notoriousRTG

Oct 2, 2018
Yes received a reply yesterday to do the medicals again. Due date is 30 days for submission.
Great to hear.
I got my email on 5th Oct and replied on 6th Oct... Still waiting for the status change or any reply.

Btw, when replying to that email, reply to email was changed to Capitol letters and numbers, hope the mail reached them :rolleyes:
eg.ircc-xxxx4-xx2@xxx.xx.ca and when replying it was IRCC-XXXX4-XX2@xxx.xx.ca

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
My parents couldn't travel to Canada from India eventhough their COPR was issued before March 18 2020. Now, they a few emails along the way but the flights weren't ready. Basically, there was no international airline operating from India other than the rescue flights.

Its like they almost got the PR if they were able to travel because it was given before March 18th 2020.

After march 18th if you got it, you can't go as per the instructions.

Now they want the medicals redone, just this week we got the instructions. What I don't understand is, why did they also ask to resubmit Background declaration, imm5669 and mentioned without travel history. It seems ridiculous to me because why? I understand the medicals, but why do they ask for imm5669 as well, they are treating as if we are just applying the first time.

In reality, once they issued COPR, they should either extend it, OR ask for medicals only, otherwise this seems very unnecessary.

lilfish

Jul 18, 2019
I got the email from CIC yesterday with subject "Do you still want to immigrate to Canada"
Mine COPR was
issued in January 11, 2021 and expired on 2021/06/29.
COPR issued: January 11, 2021
COPR Expired: June, 29, 2021.
Consent Letter: Sep, 28, 2021
Reverted to consent letter: Sep, 29, 2021
EE Application Status changed to Submit: Nov, 01, 2021

Nov 3, 2021
I have to travel to India and planning to stay there for a duration longer than the expiry date of my COPR.
My COPR is expiring in January 2022 and I am planning to travel next week.
Do we need valid COPR to get the PRTD or we can apply with expired one as well?

notoriousRTG

Oct 2, 2018
It's been more than a month and a week since I replied to the Consent email. No reply yet is this normal? did anybody get the account status or medial letter after such delays?

Reactions: sylvAZ

sylvAZ

Nov 17, 2021
Greetings guys!

How long does it take from re-medicals to Passport request? Please respond, your feedback is the only re-issuance that one needs during this difficult waiting time

lilfish

Jul 18, 2019
Greetings guys!

How long does it take from re-medicals to Passport request? Please respond, your feedback is the only re-issuance that one needs during this difficult waiting time
I got the re-medical on Nov,16. Will post once I get some updates!

Reactions: sylvAZ