+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts! Plz help - PG diploma course in Canada

emily6897

Aug 5, 2014
Hi,

I have a Bachelors Degree in Computers (3 years) from India and have 7+ years of work experience into Sales, Business Development/Marketing and Client Servicing. I wish to pursue a course in Marketing that can help me apply for a PR and get me a suitable job. Can anyone help me.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
Re: PG diploma course in Canada

Hello there,

Can you be a little more specific? What kind of help are you exactly looking for?

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014

With seven years gap (if this is right), you'll not be eligible to file a study permit application under SPP. Most of the SPP participating institutions will not even give you admissions irrespective of good academic scores and excellent experience that you may carry with you. You may speak to Sheridan College in Ontario or Northern Lights College in British Columbia.

Sheridan College has a Graduate Certificate in Project Management which is of one year duration, you'll need to do an additional one year Graduate Certificate program for a three years Post Graduate open work permit.

Northern Lights College has Post Degree Diploma in Business Management specialization in Information Technology something you might be interested in. Two years program, it has a fee of $ 4,425 per semester.

Hope this piece of information will help you, Emily.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012

Ryan1981 said:
With seven years gap (if this is right), you'll not be eligible to file a study permit application under SPP. Most of the SPP participating institutions will not even give you admissions irrespective of good academic scores and excellent experience that you may carry with you.
this information is incorrect these r again lies that agents spread. there r a lot of people who have got admission and visa after long periods of gap. there is nothing related to gap in the SPP program or the check list that makes u ineligible for visa application. please read about SPP program and SPP list on below links .....
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/spp-ppe.aspx?lang=eng
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/checklist-student-SPP-liste-etudes-PPE.aspx

also there is nothing stopping u from getting admission to a university and apply under university category. i my self had 8 years of gap and i got visa.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014

Please check the link for your information. If you have someone in Canada, please ask them to call CIC and get the right information:

http://www.cambriancollege.ca/internationalstudents/pages/visaapplications.aspx

And, if someone claims that students can get admission under SPP with 7 years gap, I can stamp it that the information doesn't hold any truth. To verify, just email 10 SPP colleges randomly and and ask them whether they will give you SPP admission or Non SPP. The answer will be NON SPP only, if they give. Most of the SPP colleges don't even entertain Non SPP applications coz as per the guidelines they cannot exceed 20% of their applications under Non SPP. So, colleges entertain Non SPP applications to their students who get rejected under SPP as when the students apply for the second time or third time, the offer letter is a Non SPP one.

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013

mead said:
this information is incorrect these r again lies that agents spread. there r a lot of people who have got admission and visa after long periods of gap. there is nothing related to gap in the SPP program or the check list that makes u ineligible for visa application. please read about SPP program and SPP list on below links .....
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/spp-ppe.aspx?lang=eng
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/checklist-student-SPP-liste-etudes-PPE.aspx

also there is nothing stopping u from getting admission to a university and apply under university category. i my self had 8 years of gap and i got visa.

I have 8 yrs gap
My Bba university total was 52%
Applied under spp and got visa

I honestly doubt cambrian source is correct. If this would have been the case cic would have categorically mentioned this somewhere on official educational guidelines.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014

Not possible Tushar!

Emily, better email colleges and find out the facts. I am very sure that you will not be eligible to file under SPP. You may also visit the Canadian fairs and ask the college officials directly also.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide

Ryan1981 said:
Not possible Tushar!

Emily, better email colleges and find out the facts. I am very sure that you will not be eligible to file under SPP. You may also visit the Canadian fairs and ask the college officials directly also.
Ryan1981, there is nothing on the CIC website or the VFS website that says students with gap cannot apply under SPP. All you have to do is justify the gap (with work experience, etc.) If you are so sure, why don't you show us the source (official only) of your information?

ankurkool17

Apr 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2013 Paper Based
Doc's Request.
Pre-Medical 16/07/2013
IELTS Request
Overall 6.5 (7,6,6,6)
File Transfer...
02/08/2013
Med's Request
Furtherance(03/09/2013), Again Furtherance(18/01/2014), Follow-up (20/06/2014), Final Furtherance (25/06/2014)
Med's Done....
Furtherance Completed(09/11/2013), Second Furtherance Completed(12/02/2014), Treatment Started(20/02/2014), Treatment Completed(20/08/2014), Fresh Medical(21/08/2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2013 Paper Based
VISA ISSUED...
26/08/2014 Got it. So Happy :)
LANDED..........
31/08/2014 Here I come

Moreover, 7 years is not a gap, you got work experience and it counts as work experience. Some colleges require work experience after a degree to give unconditional offer letter and that doesn't count as "GAP".

Gap means you did nothing from the year 20xx-20xx. No studying,no work experience. All you got to do is justify in the SOP.

Mead is right. He's an expert member on this forum. Seek his advice. He sure helped me a lot.

Good luck .

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013

Ryan1981 said:
Not possible Tushar!

Ryan whats not possible. I allready got visa mate. Full 2 1/2 yrs of visa. Lol

emily6897

Aug 5, 2014

Thanx to all you guys who have responded to my post. I apologize for not replying on time.

Let me give you a brief about my educational and professional background.

I did 3 years of Bachelors in Computer Application through Part Time course and completed in 2009. While I was doing my graduation I was working with a BPO for a period of 21 months. In 2008 I worked in non bpo organization as a Sales and Client Servicing Rep where in after spending 2 years I was promoted as a Manager and I worked in this company for approx 5 years. Then I worked for 7 months as a Manager in IT Sales and currently working as a Senior Manager in IT sales/business development and client services.

What I am looking right now is a course in Business Management/Marketing/ or Information Technology. I do know that I am not eligible for a Master's degree since I have only 3 years of Bachelors Degree where in you need 4 years of bachelors degree to be eligible for a Master's. Is this info correct? This is why I was looking for a PG diploma course which can help me attain a PR as well.

Hope this information can help you to better understand my situation. I am looking to go next year. Please help guys. :'(

emily6897

Aug 5, 2014
Re: PG diploma course in Canada--please helppppppp

emily6897 said:
Thanx to all you guys who have responded to my post. I apologize for not replying on time.

Let me give you a brief about my educational and professional background.

I did 3 years of Bachelors in Computer Application through Part Time course and completed in 2009. While I was doing my graduation I was working with a BPO for a period of 21 months. In 2008 I worked in non bpo organization as a Sales and Client Servicing Rep where in after spending 2 years I was promoted as a Manager and I worked in this company for approx 5 years. Then I worked for 7 months as a Manager in IT Sales and currently working as a Senior Manager in IT sales/business development and client services.

What I am looking right now is a course in Business Management/Marketing/ or Information Technology. I do know that I am not eligible for a Master's degree since I have only 3 years of Bachelors Degree where in you need 4 years of bachelors degree to be eligible for a Master's. Is this info correct? This is why I was looking for a PG diploma course which can help me attain a PR as well.

Hope this information can help you to better understand my situation. I am looking to go next year. Please help guys. :'(

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012

u should go through the college websites and short list colleges and courses that interest u . Also u should read on this forum about different course and colleges . most universities require 16 years of education so very difficult to find a masters course for u. Also I am not sure how ur part time bachelors works, was it from a good university? check the college websities for their requirements. will ur university give u transcripts ?

emily6897

Aug 5, 2014

yes it was from a good recognized university here.. it is a distance learning degree that I attained. my percentage was 69%.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide

emily6897 said:
yes it was from a good recognized university here.. it is a distance learning degree that I attained. my percentage was 69%.
As a first step, you may want to apply for an international credential evaluation of your distance degree. This will help you clear the confusion that is bound to be created in your mind by consultants, friends, and rest of the world. Once you know your degree is valid in Canada and other parts of the world, you will be ready to counter any attempts by ill-informed consultants/college personnel (the latter not very likely but can happen) to cut your dream short. Good luck!

https://www.wes.org/