+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expedite marriage certificate

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Hello! We got married yesterday . I want to apply for a marriage certificate and get it assap so that i can start the.sponsorshil and work permit for my husband . Should i write an letter for urgency ? Any suggestions ? Thank you!

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello! We got married yesterday . I want to apply for a marriage certificate and get it assap so that i can start the.sponsorshil and work permit for my husband . Should i write an letter for urgency ? Any suggestions ? Thank you!
Yes. You have to pay extra and send in a letter to explain your situation. Doesn't guarantee that your certificate will be issue faster though.

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Yes. You have to pay extra and send in a letter to explain your situation. Doesn't guarantee that your certificate will be issue faster though.

Hello ! Yes but how to pay extra i dont have it as an option on the paper document ?

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello ! Yes but how to pay extra i dont have it as an option on the paper document ?
I don't know what province you are from but in Ontario, I went to the service office in Toronto, which is the only office to go to, and pay the expedite service. I called the CSR line in which they gave me a fax number to send in a letter. I received my certificate 35 days after the marriage date. Note that I did this in 2017.

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
I don't know what province you are from but in Ontario, I went to the service office in Toronto, which is the only office to go to, and pay the expedite service. I called the CSR line in which they gave me a fax number to send in a letter. I received my certificate 35 days after the marriage date. Note that I did this in 2017.
Thank you ! Can you let me know about that service office in toronto ? I am in ontario

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I sent in the application with a letter of explanation and then faxed them why it was urgent. I didnt have to pay extra and had it within 14 days

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thank you ! Can you let me know about that service office in toronto ? I am in ontario
Its the one on Sheppard Ave. I believe this is the only office you can go to for emergency marriage certificate. Once you go there and pay, call the CSR line and tell them that you need it ASAP for your emergency reason, they may give you the fax number to send the letter in. I don't have that fax number anymore, sorry. My emergency reason was that my husband is out of status and has a removal order in effect in which a spousal app need to be submitted ASAP but is pending because the marriage certificate is needed. Good Luck!!

th_10

Oct 5, 2017
Hi everyone,

My husband and I got married yesterday at city hall here in Toronto! We were given a sheet with instructions as to how to have your marriage certificate expedited. Anyway, from what I could remember I was told by the person working at the desk that I should order the long form aka the certified copy of marriage registration for immigration purposes as I’m sponsoring my husband.

But yesterday was such a blur and the instructions on the sheet wasn’t that specific. Can anyone tell me if you order both the marriage certificate (short form) and the long form?

Thanks in advance!

Vanessav19

Nov 18, 2019
Did you submit the long form? Did you have any issues with that?

Hi everyone,

My husband and I got married yesterday at city hall here in Toronto! We were given a sheet with instructions as to how to have your marriage certificate expedited. Anyway, from what I could remember I was told by the person working at the desk that I should order the long form aka the certified copy of marriage registration for immigration purposes as I’m sponsoring my husband.

But yesterday was such a blur and the instructions on the sheet wasn’t that specific. Can anyone tell me if you order both the marriage certificate (short form) and the long form?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Barbiejoo