+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enter Canada with a non-Canadian passport & a Canadian citizenship certificate?

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
good2011 said:
They may tell CBSA they hold Egyptian passport or not. We don't know because it doesn't mention in the article. In this case, if it is as simple as "Egyptian passport holders must have valid Canadian visa in order to board the plane from anywhere in the world. Without visa or PR card is not consider as a valid travel document to Canada," why eventually Air Canada said it would get in touch with the family and refund their unused tickets?

Well, since family hit the newspapers it was free advertising for Air Canada to let everyone knows how BIG HART AND TENDER LOVING NATURE they are.
Anyone may request a refund for the unused portion of the air ticket.
In their case "I wish to request a refund for a service I paid for but did not receive". They could get their money back regardless of Air Canada offer.

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
troll2 said:
Well, since family hit the newspapers it was free advertising for Air Canada to let everyone knows how BIG HART AND TENDER LOVING NATURE they are.
Anyone may request a refund for the unused portion of the air ticket.
In their case "I wish to request a refund for a service I paid for but did not receive". They could get their money back regardless of Air Canada offer.
Do you mean Air Canada would still refund their unused tickets even if they didn't hold Canadian citizenship certificates just because they hit the newspapers as a free advertising?

Plymuff

Sep 29, 2015
I am a British/Canadian citizen living in the US as a green card holder. I always travel to Canada using my British passport and Canadian certificate of citizenship without any issues. For me personally I really do not have any need for the passport, as my British passport and Certificate of Citizenship does the job.