+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference

Mungerism

Jun 27, 2013
Hi all.

New here. And collecting my docs for FSW route. My question is about employment reference. Do I need to ask for ALL employment reference for the last 10 years even of it's not related to the 24 eligible occupation? Or i would only submit employemnt reference related to the NOC?

Thanks!

thisu

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 march 2013
File Transfer...
29 march 2013
Med's Done....
18 January 2013
Passport Req..
19 April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
you can submit all.

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not optional.

You have to submit ALL work experience letters + All educational certificates.

thisu

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 march 2013
File Transfer...
29 march 2013
Med's Done....
18 January 2013
Passport Req..
19 April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
A. Khan said:
It is not optional.

You have to submit ALL work experience letters + All educational certificates.
what is the difference?

Mungerism

Jun 27, 2013
I think coolguy said for work experience not related to NOC job description u can just secure employment certificate rather than the detailed one. Anyone can verify this?

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Mungerism said:
Hi all.

New here. And collecting my docs for FSW route. My question is about employment reference. Do I need to ask for ALL employment reference for the last 10 years even of it's not related to the 24 eligible occupation? Or i would only submit employemnt reference related to the NOC?

Thanks!
You have to submit at max 6 year referance letter, as max point can be get more than 6 years. for other you can show only proof of job. as even if CIC dont consider that for exp you cant loose any point.
this you can do to expedite your process of submission

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
You need all reference letters within last 10 years... Vats is right in saying that only upto 6 years of professional reference provide points but the 10 year span is related to the background declaration form where u have to account for all your activities with proof for last 10 years.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Dear Original Poster,

You might find this helpful:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employment-verification-letter-missing-explanation-format-t64698.0.html#new

Good Luck!

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
ESZB said:
You need all reference letters within last 10 years... Vats is right in saying that only upto 6 years of professional reference provide points but the 10 year span is related to the background declaration form where u have to account for all your activities with proof for last 10 years.
Excetly for 10 year you can show other stuffs to prove employment like appointment letter, confirmation letter, releave letter etc

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Is it really necessary to provide all the 10 year's work experience, even if some of them doesn't count in NOC ???? I did number of jobs in the past 12 years and out of which only 2 jobs relate to the NOC's, so I think CIC will not check any thing other than the mentioned NOC's.....all the jobs are mentioned on my 7 page resume, but paper work is done only for the 2 jobs relevant to NOC's.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Go-Canada-Go said:
Is it really necessary to provide all the 10 year's work experience, even if some of them doesn't count in NOC ???? I did number of jobs in the past 12 years and out of which only 2 jobs relate to the NOC's, so I think CIC will not check any thing other than the mentioned NOC's.....all the jobs are mentioned on my 7 page resume, but paper work is done only for the 2 jobs relevant to NOC's.
I'm afraid, yes. When you provide your 10 year background then you have to account for all the periods with proofs, without leaving any gaps. Even if the jobs are not relevant to your NOC. If you are not able to provide a reference letter from some employers then provide explanation letters addressed to visa officer describing the situation and alternate form of proof that you were an employee there.

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
ESZB said:
I'm afraid, yes. When you provide your 10 year background then you have to account for all the periods with proofs, without leaving any gaps. Even if the jobs are not relevant to your NOC. If you are not able to provide a reference letter from some employers then provide explanation letters addressed to visa officer describing the situation and alternate form of proof that you were an employee there.
really ? I don't think so, its unnecessary to provide documentation of work experience which is not relevant to the NOC's.....they will only consider which is calculated under the 24 occupation list.
its not mentioned any where that one has to submit ALL THE PAST 10 YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE, EVEN IF ITS OUT OF THE NOC'S...
please prove me wrong....

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Go-Canada-Go said:
really ? I don't think so, its unnecessary to provide documentation of work experience which is not relevant to the NOC's.....they will only consider which is calculated under the 24 occupation list.
its not mentioned any where that one has to submit ALL THE PAST 10 YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE, EVEN IF ITS OUT OF THE NOC'S...
please prove me wrong....
Question no. 8 in IMM5669 background declaration requires you provide personal history for last 10 years. And all the periods you mention need to be backed by some document of proof e.g study periods backed by relevant educational credentials, travelling backed by visas on passport.... in the same way if you were working in whatsoever job you have to provide a copy of some kind of document to prove that its actually true... so its not about "relevance to NOC" its about "proof of activity" for background declaration. Does that ring a bell??

Anyway nobody is forcing you to submit it... just trying to help you be on the safe side.