+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
ESZB said:
Question no. 8 in IMM5669 background declaration requires you provide personal history for last 10 years. And all the periods you mention need to be backed by some document of proof e.g study periods backed by relevant educational credentials, travelling backed by visas on passport.... in the same way if you were working in whatsoever job you have to provide a copy of some kind of document to prove that its actually true... so its not about "relevance to NOC" its about "proof of activity" for background declaration. Does that ring a bell??

Anyway nobody is forcing you to submit it... just trying to help you be on the safe side.
Question 8
Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent.

Start with the most recent information. Under “Activity”, write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention, etc.). If you were outside your country of nationality, indicate your status in that country.

Note: Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps.
Important information. Failure to account for all time periods will result in a delay in the processing of your application.
WHERE IS IT MENTIONED ABOUT PROVIDING THE DOCUMENTATION FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS ? ?

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
ESZB said:
Question no. 8 in IMM5669 background declaration requires you provide personal history for last 10 years. And all the periods you mention need to be backed by some document of proof e.g study periods backed by relevant educational credentials, travelling backed by visas on passport.... in the same way if you were working in whatsoever job you have to provide a copy of some kind of document to prove that its actually true... so its not about "relevance to NOC" its about "proof of activity" for background declaration. Does that ring a bell??

Anyway nobody is forcing you to submit it... just trying to help you be on the safe side.
AND IF THAT IS THE CASE - FROM QUESTION 8 TILL 12 ASKS FOR MUCH MORE DETAILS WHICH MAY ALSO REQUIRE DOCUMENT PROOF AS PER YOUR ASSUMPTION, AND I DON'T THINK CIC HAS GOT THAT MUCH TIME TO GO THROUGH EVERY BIT OF DOCUMENT YOU SEND THEM TO AUTHENTICATE IT.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Go-Canada-Go said:
AND IF THAT IS THE CASE - FROM QUESTION 8 TILL 12 ASKS FOR MUCH MORE DETAILS WHICH MAY ALSO REQUIRE DOCUMENT PROOF AS PER YOUR ASSUMPTION, AND I DON'T THINK CIC HAS GOT THAT MUCH TIME TO GO THROUGH EVERY BIT OF DOCUMENT YOU SEND THEM TO AUTHENTICATE IT.
Please calm down dear. I am just trying to help you to keep your side safe. I think you are underestimating CIC's procedures of scrutiny. They have all the time. They can take years for an application if they need to. Dont expect them to accept your claims without hard proof. They are not fools.

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
ESZB said:
Please calm down dear. I am just trying to help you to keep your side safe. I think you are underestimating CIC's procedures of scrutiny. They have all the time. They can take years for an application if they need to. Dont expect them to accept your claims without hard proof. They are not fools.
what's the point in proving them for anything else, if I already have shown enough evidence for the required points.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Try to submit your application at the earliest, fulfilling whatever minimum must required are provided

jay2174

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
ESZB said:
Go-Canada-Go is correct. You are not "SAFER" because you provided proof for that particular data. It is not what cic wants. cic is NOT REQUESTING THAT DATA. It is WRONG for you to suggest/surmise/assume that cic would want data for the whole ten years as people would then WASTE THEIR VALUABLE TIME trying to account for evidence to attest to those 10 years.

You're intention to help is noble though, just have to make sure that it's the correct kind of help :)

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
IMM5612. The checklist, point 12:

"Work Experience
For the principal applicant:
• Letters of reference from all your employers for the past 10 years."

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
reddevil7281 said:

"Work Experience
Even though its been mentioned to submit, I still strongly believe its unnecessary to provide full documentation for that specified time frame.

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
Go-Canada-Go said:
Even though its been mentioned to submit, I still strongly believe its unnecessary to provide full documentation for that specified time frame.
Again that is up to your discretion, earlier in this thread it was mentioned that we shouldn't assume things or come to our own conclusions. If its mentioned as a requirement, why should we ignore to comply with the same? Here they are opening up their country to new people, of course they'd want as much information as possible to create an image of the person based on the history. If its difficult to arrange the letters then we can simply provide a covering letter explaining why. The checklist says:

So an application can be considered incomplete without the proof or an explanation.

I'm just posting a response to your question about where its posted about documents required for 10 years of employment history. It all depends on the visa officer checking the files.

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
reddevil7281 said:
Again that is up to your discretion, earlier in this thread it was mentioned that we shouldn't assume things or come to our own conclusions. If its mentioned as a requirement, why should we ignore to comply with the same? Here they are opening up their country to new people, of course they'd want as much information as possible to create an image of the person based on the history. If its difficult to arrange the letters then we can simply provide a covering letter explaining why. The checklist says:

So an application can be considered incomplete without the proof or an explanation.

I'm just posting a response to your question about where its posted about documents required for 10 years of employment history. It all depends on the visa officer checking the files.
I agree with what you say, but if we think practically I have worked for more than 15+ different organisations both full and part time in the past 10 years and I don't even remember the exact date & month when I started/left a job back in 2000........so providing details of 15+ companies explaining about them will actually make the process lengthier.
And I enquired with a licensed immigration agent and a solicitor, they have concluded its not mandatory to provide the entire history.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
What I feel is,
for atleast 6 year you should provide all the details as its required to get points
other than that if you have details handy provide else whatever with you, you can submit as there will no additional points you will get and for last 10 year details some common details like appointment letter, releave letter, confirmation letter or salary slip are ok to prove your presence there

do not waste time and submit the application asap.

fswpdxb

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
AOR Received.
4-Sept-2014
Med's Request
22-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
4-Nov-2014 updated on Ecas
Interview........
PPR1 ,PCC,updated info chart,Sch A form-22-oct-2014.All doc reached 10th Nov-2014
Passport Req..
23rd feb-2014 & submitted on 25 Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 March-2015 and passports received.
LANDED..........
Alhamdulilah-Short landing(Calgary) in April-2015-returned back.All went Well.
Guys,
i have submitted application for fswp-2013 with all documents along with my employer letter stating my date of joining
,and the department which am working for but unfortunately no job description. My employer doesnt provide one.
i have only included my CV.
Any idea will my application be rejected on this or will i be given an opportunity to submit later,then i will be in position to get a letter from my manager/colleague regarding job description.
on.Would it be wise to submit another application at this point of time.
would appreciate your advise for the same.

best regards

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
reddevil7281 said:

"Work Experience
Thanks reddevil7281. ! For mentioning this. my bad....couldn't recall this checklist reference even though I knew I had read it. But I guess we cant do much about someones strong beliefs. :) or can we?

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
fswpdxb said:
Guys,
i have submitted application for fswp-2013 with all documents along with my employer letter stating my date of joining
,and the department which am working for but unfortunately no job description. My employer doesnt provide one.
i have only included my CV.
Any idea will my application be rejected on this or will i be given an opportunity to submit later,then i will be in position to get a letter from my manager/colleague regarding job description.
on.Would it be wise to submit another application at this point of time.
would appreciate your advise for the same.

best regards
hello fswpdxb,

I am afraid that not providing the job description could get you into trouble because that is the most important part which helps CIC to determine whether you actually fall in a certain NOC category. Some of the applicants who faced such situation submitted their job description on a separate paper and signed by a colleague. Submission of CV is not required by CIC.

If you application has reached CIO, then no point in submitting a new application with copy of IELTS TRF (and other docs to be submitted original) because that would be returned too. So just wait and hope for the best.