+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer denies reference letter solution please?

Ali.Haj

Mar 6, 2014
Hello,

we have applied for Quebec Immigration on my wife name, and she is qualified hair dresser,we qualify for this program, but we are facing an issue, my wife employer is not providing reference letter to us, she has worked with her for 2 years, and also has all tax papers and other certificates to prove it, she left job for personal reason on good terms, but yet employer is not ready to provide reference letter, will we miss points for this? and what could be possible solution for this issue?

we are in Australia at this moment.

Thank You

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Proving you meet the requirements of the programme is an important issue. You aren't the only one with this problem. Check all possible threads on forum for things others have tried. Send an email to the employer explaining importance of her letter and include her response. Ask customers for letters explaining the services you provided them. Perhaps book a consult with a lawyer for some more advice. All the best. It is a rotten situation to be in.

Ali.Haj

Mar 6, 2014
Pippin said:
Proving you meet the requirements of the programme is an important issue. You aren't the only one with this problem. Check all possible threads on forum for things others have tried. Send an email to the employer explaining importance of her letter and include her response. Ask customers for letters explaining the services you provided them. Perhaps book a consult with a lawyer for some more advice. All the best. It is a rotten situation to be in.
Thank you for prompt reply, I am trying to search on google from last many days, but I am not getting exact thing, kindly guide me to any such thread please?

we went to employer and explained her our situation, she said if she gets any call she will give reference but in witting she wont provide any thing.

my wife is French speaker and she has done well in French exam as well, we are just concern about losing points if we dont get reference letter.

other wise we have all required points to qualify for this program.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ali.Haj said:
Thank you for prompt reply, I am trying to search on google from last many days, but I am not getting exact thing, kindly guide me to any such thread please?

we went to employer and explained her our situation, she said if she gets any call she will give reference but in witting she wont provide any thing.

my wife is French speaker and she has done well in French exam as well, we are just concern about losing points if we dont get reference letter.

other wise we have all required points to qualify for this program.
Go to the main forum page. Top right corner you will see a white search box. Type in it any key words like: employer reference letter refused, reference alternative, reference options, etc. Include a cover letter explaining exactly what you did (include date of meeting with boss) and her agreement to speak to CIC if required. I don't know how adamant she was about NOT writing the letter, perhaps it was just laziness or not being comfortable writing business letters that made her refuse. Do you think there is a possibility she might sign a letter that you wrote on her behalf? "To Whom It May Concern: XXXXX worked at my Styling Salon (name of shop) full time (number of hours per week) from (start date) to (end date). She was paid ______. During that time she performed all duties required of a (name of position) including v, w, x, y, and z (refer to the appropriate NOC and make sure you performed the majority of duties AND the lead statement). Please do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions.

Type her full name and position with space above to sign
Below, be sure to include full contact information including email and phone number if possible.
Link to website if there is one, also.

As you will not have letterhead for this, be sure to include a business card.

Ali.Haj

Mar 6, 2014
We typed the letter and went to get her signature, she just had to put up her sign and stamp, but she denied, according to my wife experience, she deals in such harsh way to every employ who leaves her place, she denies to co-operate for anything, the only last thing she said was, if she will get some call, she will talk as reference.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am so sorry it didn't work. How "careless" on her part. Hope you have better luck tracking down letters from your past clients. It might be an idea to prepare a letter or two to give clients an idea of what you need.

Ali.Haj

Mar 6, 2014
yes luckily my wife had good working record and all her clients were happy with her work ethics so we will be able to get letter from clients and co-workers as well.

but I honestly think, Canadian immigration should look into this matter, some times employers are not good enough to provide such letters and it can affects some once file.

Thanx a lot for all help. :)