+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC requesting for employment letter

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I had applied for PR under the CEC in March 2013. My application status is "in process" and I received my MR in October and that has been completed and sent to CIC. In my GCMS notes applied in October, I can see that eligibility is set to "Passed" by CIO. But I have now received a email from CIC asking me to submit an employment letter. The email states,

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· UCI ######## - Applicant name:
· > Employment Letter: An official, dated document from XXX Canada printed on company letterhead stating how long you have worked there, from start date to end date (if applicable), how many hours per week you work on average, a detailed description of your actual position(s) including the duties you actually performed (not a list copied from a third party source), the physical location(s) of your work, and the name and contact information of the human resources professional providing the letter, including telephone number. This must be received at this office by: 12/21/2013
"

The problem is that my company, a US based IT MNC operating in Canada, simply refuses to issue any letter mentioning my job duties or hours per week citing legal reasons. The only letter they can issue is something which states my designation, salary, date(s) of employment in Canada and work location. Along with my applications, I had submitted my pay stubs (to prove my weekly hours), and a letter issued by my company while petitioning for my work permit. I have an email from my HR manager stating that no such letter can be issued

Can any of the seniors in this forum provide some input on how I should proceed in this situation. The irony is that this request comes after my MR and GCMS notes stating eligibility "Passed"

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Can you try to ask for a letter for renting an apartment ? Or tell your company that you need the letter to apply for SIN / health card.

Few questions:

Did CIO set it as recommended passed Or Passed? Do you see the status passed in the Eligibility assessment section (in the initial few pages) or in the notes section (last pages)? Also, Did you get RPRF request already?

I'm surprised to see such a request after eligibility is set passed.

splendor said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I had applied for PR under the CEC in March 2013. My application status is "in process" and I received my MR in October and that has been completed and sent to CIC. In my GCMS notes applied in October, I can see that eligibility is set to "Passed" by CIO. But I have now received a email from CIC asking me to submit an employment letter. The email states,

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· UCI ######## - Applicant name:
· > Employment Letter: An official, dated document from XXX Canada printed on company letterhead stating how long you have worked there, from start date to end date (if applicable), how many hours per week you work on average, a detailed description of your actual position(s) including the duties you actually performed (not a list copied from a third party source), the physical location(s) of your work, and the name and contact information of the human resources professional providing the letter, including telephone number. This must be received at this office by: 12/21/2013
"

The problem is that my company, a US based IT MNC operating in Canada, simply refuses to issue any letter mentioning my job duties or hours per week citing legal reasons. The only letter they can issue is something which states my designation, salary, date(s) of employment in Canada and work location. Along with my applications, I had submitted my pay stubs (to prove my weekly hours), and a letter issued by my company while petitioning for my work permit. I have an email from my HR manager stating that no such letter can be issued

Can any of the seniors in this forum provide some input on how I should proceed in this situation. The irony is that this request comes after my MR and GCMS notes stating eligibility "Passed"

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
CIO set the eligibility to Passed. I can see it in the Assessment section. I am yet to get RPRF. Strange CIC and its strange ways!

My company will issue just an address letter for other purposes. That format is worse than my salary letter.

eds1275 said:
Can you try to ask for a letter for renting an apartment ? Or tell your company that you need the letter to apply for SIN / health card.

Few questions:

Did CIO set it as recommended passed Or Passed? Do you see the status passed in the Eligibility assessment section (in the initial few pages) or in the notes section (last pages)? Also, Did you get RPRF request already?

I'm surprised to see such a request after eligibility is set passed.

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Do you see detailed assessment under Notes section in the end? An officer would have made some remark quoting certain things. If you can cover up those points atleast, you should be good. Is it possible to get a letter signed by your reporting manager?

May I ask the visa officer who requested this? if there is a visa officer code, it will be in the signature.

splendor said:
CIO set the eligibility to Passed. I can see it in the Assessment section. I am yet to get RPRF. Strange CIC and its strange ways!

My company will issue just an address letter for other purposes. That format is worse than my salary letter.

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
The detailed assessment apart from some obvious things like language proficiency and months of experience mentions "CEC Requirements appear to be met. Letter of reference related to work experience on file - To CPPO for further assessment/decision". No one, other than my HR is authorized to issue me a letter. My reporting manager would not risk his job to issue it to me :(

The visa officer is PO01603.

eds1275 said:
Do you see detailed assessment under Notes section in the end? An officer would have made some remark quoting certain things. If you can cover up those points atleast, you should be good. Is it possible to get a letter signed by your reporting manager?

May I ask the visa officer who requested this? if there is a visa officer code, it will be in the signature.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There isn't a get out here.

You either get the letter, or you will likely be refused. I suggest sending them on the e-mail. Phoning boss etc...

They probably think you are looking for sponsorship - you aren't. Get to work hard and you will have a chance but the onus is on you to get some form of a letter.

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
splendor said:

Best thing in this situation is to get a letter from your direct supervisor or manager approving your job details and provide CIC with their phone number after getting their consent to verify your work status in Canada if the VO calls them up. Also explain your situation on the cover letter regarding reference letter. Also attach email proof if received any from your company HR regarding objection to provide reference letter in the desired format. After that pray, pray and pray some more !! I'm sure things will work out. Best of luck.

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
This is good at least they are giving you chance.. have seen some people got simply rejected bcz of letter

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
Beg, borrow...not steal though...but all the options already tried. My employer knows I am just looking for a letter, and not sponsorship. But they are just not budging. I am still trying and I have another 30 days to respond. But hopes of getting that prized document look bleak.

jsm0085 said:
There isn't a get out here.

You either get the letter, or you will likely be refused. I suggest sending them on the e-mail. Phoning boss etc...

They probably think you are looking for sponsorship - you aren't. Get to work hard and you will have a chance but the onus is on you to get some form of a letter.

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
I agree. I consider myself lucky that I got this chance. How much I can further this luck is the question now.

Omshri said:
This is good at least they are giving you chance.. have seen some people got simply rejected bcz of letter

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I am certainly going to attach the HR objection in my reply and hope for the best. The good thing is that my HR partner is ready to speak to the visa officer and confirm that such letter cannot be issued. Wish someone could tell her that, forget calling...getting an email from CIC is considered lucky. My reporting manager would not risk his job and provide that letter to me. I've already tried that.

PandFeb2013 said:
Best thing in this situation is to get a letter from your direct supervisor or manager approving your job details and provide CIC with their phone number after getting their consent to verify your work status in Canada if the VO calls them up. Also explain your situation on the cover letter regarding reference letter. Also attach email proof if received any from your company HR regarding objection to provide reference letter in the desired format. After that pray, pray and pray some more !! I'm sure things will work out. Best of luck.

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
splendor said:
Thank you for your kind words. I am certainly going to attach the HR objection in my reply and hope for the best. The good thing is that my HR partner is ready to speak to the visa officer and confirm that such letter cannot be issued. Wish someone could tell her that, forget calling...getting an email from CIC is considered lucky. My reporting manager would not risk his job and provide that letter to me. I've already tried that.
That's good if the hr partner is ready to talk to CIC. Also if you send CIC the objection email proof I am sure they will waive their request. I have read a similar story in this forum where the applicant provided proof objection email regarding the ref letter and the request was waived. Please do a search on this forum for that topic. If I find it I will send you the link for the same.

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
Thank you. Your words give me some hope. I'll search the forum for that post.

PandFeb2013 said:
That's good if the hr partner is ready to talk to CIC. Also if you send CIC the objection email proof I am sure they will waive their request. I have read a similar story in this forum where the applicant provided proof objection email regarding the ref letter and the request was waived. Please do a search on this forum for that topic. If I find it I will send you the link for the same.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
@Splendor
As everyone said, it is good that your HR is ready to speak to CIC. All the best!
Let us all know your outcome! Many others are in the same boat, including me!
Let's hope for the best!

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks KPRS. I was just reading thru your post on the same topic. Although my HR is ready to talk, CIC should be ready to call them! Hoping against hope now. Will let you'll know the outcome, whenever it comes and whatever it is.