+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** Elgibility Passed, Criminality Passed, Security Not started *** Lets gather here

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks @caipsnotes . Really appreciate your detailed response. One more thing I forgot to mention is s15 is mentioned on the same notes 4 page where officer has passed the eligibility, criminality and no adverse info found but nothing is blank on that page. Can we conclude something from this?
s15 is just an exemption taken by IRCC, all the exemptions are listed in this grid https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/exemption-grid

When you received the GCMS, the email accompanying it would have stated as follows

The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part
Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Can someone tell me looking at my GCMS notes if my eligibility has been conclusively passed or will it be checked again? Page 2 of my notes shows the passed status for Eligibility however I do not see officer remarks instead a case processing agent was the one who assessed my eligibility. Please see below snapshots:

Also what's the timeline for the security review to start after eligibility has been passed?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can someone tell me looking at my GCMS notes if my eligibility has been conclusively passed or will it be checked again? Page 2 of my notes shows the passed status for Eligibility however I do not see officer remarks instead a case processing agent was the one who assessed my eligibility. Please see below snapshots:

Also what's the timeline for the security review to start after eligibility has been passed?
If the above is the most recent note, then your eligibility is yet to be finalised by an officer. The note is from a case processing agent. The note will be reviewed by an officer, who will enter another note and only then your security will pass.

See https://bit.ly/2RAqmdj and you can compare your note with the sample at the end.

Also when your security will start, it will become blank, and you will see s15 at the top right corner of page 2.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
If the above is the most recent note, then your eligibility is yet to be finalised by an officer. The note is from a case processing agent. The note will be reviewed by an officer, who will enter another note and only then your security will pass.

Also when your security will start, it will become blank, and you will see s15 at the top right corner of page 2.

Thank you.

So how does it work? Will my eligibility be scrutinized the same way again or the officer just reviews documents and agrees with the case agent comments?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you.

So how does it work? Will my eligibility be scrutinized the same way again or the officer just reviews documents and agrees with the case agent comments?
Each application is assigned to an officer, who is assisted by assistants and analysts. The assistants and analysts review the documents and enter detailed notes in the GCMS, just as you see. These are then reviewed by an officer, who makes a final determination. In most cases the officer will go along with the recommendation, but can make an opposite finding too.

See the links posted above to understand more.

Reactions: Psyoptica

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
@legalfalcon please, can you say if there's a correlation between info sharing and security checks? If info sharing is complete with NRT status and the security checks still haven't started, is that an administrative delay or the security might still take months to be br passed? Your response would be appreciated

Does anyone's secondary office is in Vancouver, and primary in CIO? Everything passed, Security Not Started. What does it mean?

maheshrc666

Dec 29, 2021
Does anyone's secondary office is in Vancouver, and primary in CIO? Everything passed, Security Not Started. What does it mean?
Hey, How was your progress of your PR application?? Hope that you have got PPR by now. I'm also PVO - Sydney, SVO - Vancouver, Everything passed, Security Not Started and waiting.

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
The security only starts after your eligibility is conclusively passed.

See this link and you can compare your GCMS notes to see if your eligibility is passed.

https://bit.ly/2ZMoH8L

AOR May 15th my eligibility is under Review required for not able to verify Canadian employer online presence - i gave all T4, pay stubs too.

before Yesterday my Security was not started but yesterday they passed my Security and criminality but still eligibility is under review required per IRCC agent so I am confuse How come they passed security before passing eligibility???

is that something happens as trend is usually eligibility gets completed and then security starts in my case its opposite.

or it might be possible agent wont see status change till senior officer finalizes my application that when eligibility gets changed to passed?