20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
staralihaider said:
This Rule will implement any time between 19th June 2015 to 2nd July 2015 if Not then Rule will implement in 2016.
While it is a running bet that it is sometime between June 19th to July 2nd, don't see why it would be delayed to 2016 if it is not implemented by then. The election will have no bearing on implementation of the new law changes. The new law changes will go ahead regardless of when the election takes place.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
While there is no news as yet, the Parliament of Canada web site page for "Bill C-24" and more specifically the page for Coming into Force information, was updated again as of yesterday, which indicates it is indeed updated at least weekly. Thus, this site seems the best source to follow beyond watching for news of the coming into force date in the CIC newsroom or in the major media.

I expect CIC to publish/post the Coming into Force information within a day of the Governor in Council's order fixing the date, but there is no guarantee CIC will do that. Similarly, I expect a major media story reporting this information within a day of the order, but there is no guarantee of that either and even if it is published it may not be high profile enough to be readily noticed.

Thus, while those sources (CIC and the major media) should publicize the coming into force date almost immediately, the best backup is the Parliament of Canada site, the page for Coming into Force information for Bill C-24, which at minimum should post the information within a week of the order.

Of course, there is no guarantee that the date the order is made will be more than a day or so prior to the date fixed as the coming-into-force date for section 3 of the SCCA (amending section 5(1) of the Citizenship Act, the provisions governing qualifications for the grant of citizenship). My best guess is that the order will precede the date fixed by at least a week or more, which could still mean there is minimal notice. If the date of the order precedes the date fixed by more than a week (I tend to think it will, but by how much is no more than a blind guess), even if CIC does not publicize this information right away, at the least the page for Coming into Force information for Bill C-24 will give some advance notice.

Note: this has been the case all along, but having anticipated minimal advance notice it was not worth closely monitoring sites like the Parliament of Canada's page for the coming into force information . . . until now. Now because the coming into force of the remaining provisions in the SCCA is imminent: the Governor in Council's order could be made virtually any day now.

Now it is worth watching such sites closely.

Magkang

Feb 23, 2015
Governor in Council

Definition:
In Canada, the governor in council is the governor general acting on the advice of the federal cabinet. Orders in council and minutes of council are signed by the governor general giving legal force to cabinet decisions relating to a statutory authority or the Royal prerogative.

Magkang

Feb 23, 2015
Magkang said:
Governor in Council

Definition:
In Canada, the governor in council is the governor general acting on the advice of the federal cabinet. Orders in council and minutes of council are signed by the governor general giving legal force to cabinet decisions relating to a statutory authority or the Royal prerogative.
Hi Guys, I've been tracking this site for a very long time now. So although it indicates that I'm a newbie, nevertheless I've been following all along and the term" Governor-In-Council" had confused me a lot, so I decided to do some research on the terminology.

Hope it helps some of us to eliminate some confusion.

[size=10pt]Some Relations:[/size]

Queen-in-Council
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Queen-in-Council (during the reign of a male monarch, King-in-Council) is the technical term of constitutional law for the exercise of executive authority in a Commonwealth realm, denoting the monarch acting by and with the advice and consent of his or her privy council (in the United Kingdom and Canada's federal jurisdiction) or executive council (in most other Commonwealth realms and in Canadian provinces). In those realms and dependencies where the Queen's powers and functions are delegated to a governor-general, lieutenant governor, or governor, the Queen-in-Council may be replaced by a Governor-General-in-Council, Lieutenant-Governor-in-Council, or Governor-in-Council, respectively. The government of jurisdiction is commonly used as a synonym for any of the aforementioned terms, though the phrase may mean more than one thing in certain areas. In Hong Kong, it has been known as the Chief Executive-in-Council since 1 July 1997.

In practice, the Queen-in-Council almost always gives formal effect to decisions made by the cabinet, a subcommittee of the privy or executive council that includes the senior ministers of the Crown and meets often without the Queen or her local representative.

An order made by the Queen-in-Council is known as an Order-in-Council, and such actions are subject to judicial review.[1] Orders-in-Council may be used to implement secondary legislation such as UK Statutory Instruments.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
David_Parker said:
Any guess guyz, what will be date for enforcement of Bill C-24
I used to think on June 1st, now I don't think it will be before July 1st, but I don't think anybody knows. Everybody is just guessing and at the end of the day someone will be right with their guess.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, once this bill is in force, will it apply to all applicants i.e. even applicants based on "3 out of 4 years" rule who has their citizenship applications in progress with CIC at the moment??
Friend of mine has family application in CIC since last September and passed the test already but thinking of leaving Canada for a job to Qatar in a month or so, so that means he wont be a resident of Canada this year.
Will it affect his citizenship application if Bill C24 will come into effect this June/July?? Thanks.

mohanna

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
I have seen a video yesterday for an interview with Chris Alexander and his response about the effective date of residency requirements of the new law. First, he replied that it will be in function in June, but one his assistants (female) beside him corrected in summer, then he said in summer. Then the interviewer asked him if the application of the new residency rules with depend of the data of entry to Canada. Alexander said no, simply the person who applied before summer with treated according the rule of 3 over 4 and the person who applies in summer 2015 or after will be treated according the new residency requirements (4 over 6)

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
mohanna said:
I have seen a video yesterday for an interview with Chris Alexander and his response about the effective date of residency requirements of the new law. First, he replied that it will be in function in June, but one his assistants (female) beside him corrected in summer, then he said in summer. Then the interviewer asked him if the application of the new residency rules with depend of the data of entry to Canada. Alexander said no, simply the person who applied before summer with treated according the rule of 3 over 4 and the person who applies in summer 2015 or after will be treated according the new residency requirements (4 over 6)
By any chance do you have the video link online? I believe that with summer being speculated as the implementation date then we might be looking around May - July since those are presume to be summer months.

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
The video of Minister of Immigration saying from June 2015, All those who apply for Citizenship should have resided in Canada 4 out 6 yrs. is posted on Canadian Arab Community Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/ArabCanadians?pnref=story

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That video is an old one.
Meanwhile follow the official statements from the links given from dpenabill on the top of this page.

So far there is nothing official to confirm that this law is coming soon.

By that being said and with this ongoing lack of official information my expectations also are getting higher that this law will be enforced in July as the earliest month.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Ojeola said:
By any chance do you have the video link online? I believe that with summer being speculated as the implementation date then we might be looking around May - July since those are presume to be summer months.
Summer is Late June to Late September.

mohanna

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
I think that the cut-off date will be one the followings (in order): 1st July, 1st August, or 1st September

mature

Sep 15, 2014
Could someone confirm that the video where Minister Alexander changes his statement concerning the implementation of Bill C24 from "June" το "Summer" is indeed new?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That video have been commented long time ago on this thread.
This is not a new video.

The date, the month and the season are still unknown.

Follow only the official links with official information in them.
The reliable source of information are the websites of the Parliament( On top of this page) , The Gazette and the news section of the CIC website.

Nothing of the above suggests that this law is coming soon.

Everything else is just hearsay speculations.