+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE proof of work experience

Darshana.m

Feb 16, 2016
Hi All,

I have few questions still haunting in my mind because I have 6 years of experience, may be just few days less than that.

1- Do immigration officers really bother to chase so hardly to figure out the authenticity of what we have declared on application and proofs?
(most impt. question is above :D )

2- To obtain 15 points for work experience we should show 6+ years of work. So should it be exactly 365x6 days or more?

3- What if the company shut down and no one is there?

4- Also what if we cannot get a reference letter on an official letterhead of a past company we worked for? any alternatives?

5- and is it a MUST that everyone has to face an interview before the visa?

thanks guys. really appreciate and hope this helps many of them those who have doubts. :)

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Darshana.m said:
Hi All,

I have few questions still haunting in my mind because I have 6 years of experience, may be just few days less than that.

1- Do immigration officers really bother to chase so hardly to figure out the authenticity of what we have declared on application and proofs?

2- To obtain 15 points for work experience we should show 6+ years of work. So should it be exactly 365x6 days or more?

4- Also what if we cannot get a reference letter on an official letterhead of a past company we worked for? any alternatives?

thanks guys. really appreciate and hope this helps many of them those who have doubts. :)
1. Yes, the do. Think about it that way. If they wouldn't check candidate work experience, it would be easy to fake. I doubt Canadian government wants criminals coming here.
3,4. In that case you can provide sufficient combination of proofs for your work experience (I.e. notarized letter from your coworker, payslips, tax returns, etc.) IRCC may ask for additional documents if they are not convinced or may even call your employer.
5. No, not every one is called for interview.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Darshana.m said:
Hi All,

2- To obtain 15 points for work experience we should show 6+ years of work. So should it be exactly 365x6 days or more? A: It should be 40 hrs per week for 6 years (say 01-Jan-2006 to 01-Jan-2012 or later date) accumulating to 1560 Hrs per year.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Here it tells you how to calculate your work experience:
You must have earned at least one year of full-time skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time) in Canada within the three years before we receive your application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. Your skilled work experience does not have to be continuous but it must total one year of full-time work altogether.

“Full-time” means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours.

I don't know why the forum doesn't allow me to post links

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
In a previous topic called (Can I show BAD REFERENCE company in my CIC profile) I also asked the below question

Following on the reference letters, do CIC follow up and contact employers about the contents/authenticity of a reference letter?

The reason I am asking is one of my previous employers went out of business and I am not how CIC will check on reference letters!

Any personal experience on this?

Thanks

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
alxms10 said:
Here it tells you how to calculate your work experience:
You must have earned at least one year of full-time skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time) in Canada within the three years before we receive your application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. Your skilled work experience does not have to be continuous but it must total one year of full-time work altogether.

“Full-time” means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours.

I don't know why the forum doesn't allow me to post links A: Because you are new to the Forum

Darshana.m

Feb 16, 2016
Hi , I saw on CIC website mentioned like this:
cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp#
Skilled work experience
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.
is this info outdated now and should we work 40 hrs p/w?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Darshana.m said:
CanadaWeCome said:
Hi , I saw on CIC website mentioned like this:
cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp#
Skilled work experience
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.
is this info outdated now and should we work 40 hrs p/w? A: It's still at lease 30Hrs/week equaling 1560 (30hrs. per day X 52weeks/yr.) Hrs per year.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Thanks CanadaWeCome for clarifying

I still wonder how CIC will check your employment history when a company went out of business

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
alxms10 said:
Thanks CanadaWeCome for clarifying

I still wonder how CIC will check your employment history when a company went out of business
Well, they obviously can't.

If you know the business doesn't exist you should provide evidence of this. State in your LOE that the company no longer exists. Print out any evidence that the company declared bankruptcy etc. If you produce a letter and they try to verify it but can't, then you might be in trouble.

Darshana.m

Feb 16, 2016
thanks guys for your valuable info.

One more thing. If I have a "rich" reference letter including my working hours, JD, position, duration,salary etc, printed on official letterhead, signed by the company owner. do i still needed to show pay slips, tax returns etc?

I have worked for the above company for more than 3 years but i couldn't find any proper pay slips or bank deposit info or simply anything other than the good reference. However the reference is a genuine and anyone can call to the employer and ask.

the employment discussed above is a foreign self employment worked for a company. what would be the situation if i declared?

If I m producing pay slips, how many should i provide?

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darshana.m said:

One more thing. If I have a "rich" reference letter including my working hours, JD, position, duration,salary etc, printed on official letterhead, signed by the company owner. do i still needed to show pay slips, tax returns etc?

I have worked for the above company for more than 3 years but i couldn't find any proper pay slips or bank deposit info or simply anything other than the good reference. However the reference is a genuine and anyone can call to the employer and ask.

the employment discussed above is a foreign self employment worked for a company. what would be the situation if i declared?
If you cannot find anything such as payslip, bank deposit info or form 16 and ONLY a reference letter, then there is something FISHY, not recommended. If the work was genuine you should atleast have bank proof that you received your salary. Otherwise anyone can just provide a letter saying I worked in bla bla company, here is the letter but nothing else, the person on the letter can be a friend/relative who is lending help for documentation.
Not blaming that you would be doing this, but you see and understand what I am saying?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Darshana.m said:

If I m producing pay slips, how many should i provide?
Pay-slips aren't a requirement from IRCC. Pay stubs and Bank deposits may be asked additionally only if the VO feels the need to see further and will surely ask you if they need it.

Darshana.m

Feb 16, 2016
Well, if I promoted to a manager from a lower rank, obviously my NOC will be changed. I got to know every experience should be under same NOC. does this mean if someone wanted to apply Canada visa should not be promoted??? If someone is claiming work experience for 6 years or more obviously their positions could be changed in most cases.
(Despite the fact that I worked for few organisations, even if I moved to another, may be not the same title)

But if I worked for the same company, for ex: starting as an associate technician (1-2 yrs), junior engineer (1.5 yrs), senior engineer(2 yrs), assistant manager(6months), manager (less than a year)

So in case of above scenario what would be the NOC? Can I have multiple NOCs?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Darshana.m said:
Well, if I promoted to a manager from a lower rank, obviously my NOC will be changed. I got to know every experience should be under same NOC. does this mean if someone wanted to apply Canada visa should not be promoted??? If someone is claiming work experience for 6 years or more obviously their positions could be changed in most cases.
(Despite the fact that I worked for few organisations, even if I moved to another, may be not the same title)

But if I worked for the same company, for ex: starting as an associate technician (1-2 yrs), junior engineer (1.5 yrs), senior engineer(2 yrs), assistant manager(6months), manager (less than a year)

So in case of above scenario what would be the NOC? Can I have multiple NOCs?
Yes, you can surely be promoted and have multiple NOCs, but you have to put one of these as your primary NOC, that you decide which one.