+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE PNP document upload question

KatieA

Oct 19, 2018
I am currently at the stage of uploading documents for Express Entry and I’m a little confused if I've made a mistake/ misunderstood.

Inland applicant, Express Entry, PNP ITA. I have worked for my employer for over a year on IEC and have PNP tech pilot through them (600 additional points), my job is LMIA exempt.

The documents I am being asked to upload includes:
- Offer of Employment
- Letter of Employment (can someone explain better?)
- Employment records (Reference letters - I understand this one)

Can someone explain to me if this is correct that I have stated that I have a job offer seeing as I am continuing the same role and the job offer was through PNP? It is my understanding that the ‘Offer of Employment’ is to confirm my continuation in this same job going forward and this is why it is asking for a ‘Letter of Employment’ to confirm that I still work there and will be going forward permanently still? I’m a bit lost..

Thanks

Last edited:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I am currently at the stage of uploading documents for Express Entry and I’m a little confused if I've made a mistake/ misunderstood.

Inland applicant, Express Entry, PNP ITA. I have worked for my employer for over a year on IEC and have PNP tech pilot through them (600 additional points), my job is LMIA exempt.

The documents I am being asked to upload includes:
- Offer of Employment
- Letter of Employment (can someone explain better?)
- Employment records (Reference letters - I understand this one)

Can someone explain to me if this is correct that I have stated that I have a job offer seeing as I am continuing the same role and the job offer was through PNP? It is my understanding that the ‘Offer of Employment’ is to confirm my continuation in this same job going forward and this is why it is asking for a ‘Letter of Employment’ to confirm that I still work there and will be going forward permanently still? I’m a bit lost..

Thanks
Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
To get points from the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer in Express Entry, your employer will usually need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
You should only answer “Yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” if:
  • a Canadian employer (or up to two for the Federal Skilled Trades Program) has offered you a full-time, non-seasonal job for one year or more and
  • that job offer is supported by an LMIA, OR
  • the job is exempt from needing an LMIA.
If you are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a LMIA (or is exempt from needing one), you should:
Note: From January 1, 2015 to November 19, 2016, jobs offers that didn’t need an LMIA were not considered valid for Express Entry. We now accept certain job offers that don’t need an LMIA.

I am working in Canada on a valid work permit. Does this count as a job offer?
No, a work permit is not a job offer. A job offer is valid if your current or future employer:
This is true whether you are working in Canada or not.
There are only two reasons that an employer making you a job offer does not need to get a new LMIA:
Offer of employment – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
If you have a new job offer (offer of arranged employment), you need to update your Express Entry profile in your account with the :
Your job offer must:
  • be recent (usually less than 1 year old)
    • You can’t use the same job offer letter that you used to get your work permit.
  • be in writing
  • not be from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada
  • set out details of the job they’re offering you, such as
    • your pay and deductions
    • your job duties
    • conditions of employment, like your hours of work
A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.
Your job offer must also meet other criteria to be valid under the Express Entry program you qualify for below.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

KatieA

Oct 19, 2018
Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
To get points from the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer in Express Entry, your employer will usually need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
You should only answer “Yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?” if:
  • a Canadian employer (or up to two for the Federal Skilled Trades Program) has offered you a full-time, non-seasonal job for one year or more and
  • that job offer is supported by an LMIA, OR
  • the job is exempt from needing an LMIA.
If you are currently working in Canada but have not been offered a job that is supported by a LMIA (or is exempt from needing one), you should:
Note: From January 1, 2015 to November 19, 2016, jobs offers that didn’t need an LMIA were not considered valid for Express Entry. We now accept certain job offers that don’t need an LMIA.

I am working in Canada on a valid work permit. Does this count as a job offer?
No, a work permit is not a job offer. A job offer is valid if your current or future employer:
This is true whether you are working in Canada or not.
There are only two reasons that an employer making you a job offer does not need to get a new LMIA:
Offer of employment – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
If you have a new job offer (offer of arranged employment), you need to update your Express Entry profile in your account with the :
Your job offer must:
  • be recent (usually less than 1 year old)
    • You can’t use the same job offer letter that you used to get your work permit.
  • be in writing
  • not be from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada
  • set out details of the job they’re offering you, such as
    • your pay and deductions
    • your job duties
    • conditions of employment, like your hours of work
A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.
Your job offer must also meet other criteria to be valid under the Express Entry program you qualify for below.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
  • made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Thanks so much for this! So I have changed my answer in EE about 'valid job offer' to 'no' so it is now no longer requesting me to provide the 'Offer of Employment' or 'Letter of Employment' - just 'Employment Records'. It stills maintains the additional points from PNP. Also, as I understand it I still no longer need to provide proof of funds since I meet CEC requirements.
Thanks

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Thanks so much for this! So I have changed my answer in EE about 'valid job offer' to 'no' so it is now no longer requesting me to provide the 'Offer of Employment' or 'Letter of Employment' - just 'Employment Records'. It stills maintains the additional points from PNP. Also, as I understand it I still no longer need to provide proof of funds since I meet CEC requirements.
Thanks
Always welcome. IRCC' FAQ's are the last resort

Reactions: KatieA