Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elena101 said:
Hey guys,

I finally got a PPR yesterday.

In the morning my Background Check changed from Not Started to In Progress.
In the afternoon I received a new message announcement. I checked MyCIC, and it was there:
Original Passport Request - July-10-2015 09:26:56 a.m.

My timeline:

ITA March 27th
Application submitted April 16th
Medical results passed April 16th
1st AOR April 16th
2nd AOR May 26th
Background Check In Progress: July 10th
PPR: July 10th

My ECAS status is still 'Application Received' with three lines (wrong dates).
My MyCIC status is 'A final decision has been reached: Not Started' with four messages (1st AOR, Confirmation of Online Application Transmission, 2nd AOR, PPR)

I am going to visit VFS Global (Canada Visa Application Center) on Monday to submit my passport. I hope it all goes well : )

I want to thank everyone on this forum for the great help you've been in the long time of waiting and worrying about the outcome. I wish everyone good luck and a great life in Canada! : )
Congratulations!!!

Very surprised to see 2 major distinctions in your profile - 2nd AOR and ECAS in "Application Received". Did you apply from outside Canada and with zero Canadian experience?

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Elena101 said:
Hey guys,

I finally got a PPR yesterday.

In the morning my Background Check changed from Not Started to In Progress.
In the afternoon I received a new message announcement. I checked MyCIC, and it was there:
Original Passport Request - July-10-2015 09:26:56 a.m.

My timeline:

ITA March 27th
Application submitted April 16th
Medical results passed April 16th
1st AOR April 16th
2nd AOR May 26th
Background Check In Progress: July 10th
PPR: July 10th

My ECAS status is still 'Application Received' with three lines (wrong dates).
My MyCIC status is 'A final decision has been reached: Not Started' with four messages (1st AOR, Confirmation of Online Application Transmission, 2nd AOR, PPR)

I am going to visit VFS Global (Canada Visa Application Center) on Monday to submit my passport. I hope it all goes well : )

I want to thank everyone on this forum for the great help you've been in the long time of waiting and worrying about the outcome. I wish everyone good luck and a great life in Canada! : )
Congrats and welcome to Canada :) :)

EricCartman

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Canada
Congratulations For everyone who have received the much awaited PPR

Quick question if I may

What do they ask for beside passport/passport copy and bio data form?
Do they ask for pictures? If yes would anyone know what the specifications are?

Again congratulations

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Congratulations!!!

Very surprised to see 2 major distinctions in your profile - 2nd AOR and ECAS in "Application Received". Did you apply from outside Canada and with zero Canadian experience?
Conrats Elena. The worries are over.

@Asivad, she (hoping Elena is a lady) is an outside applicant. I think her application was treated from her local VO and not Ottawa. Some people got lucky and had their applications treated from local VO like Righteous & Hollaugo. They both got 2nd AORs as well. so guess its common with outside applicants treated from local VO.

The Ottawa wait continues. phew

Elena101

Apr 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shenggay, Asivad Anac and SAJ_ee2015, thank you for the congratulations!

Asivad Anac,

Yes, I applied outside of Canada and I have zero Canadian experience.

I know at least four people from the same country as me who applied in April, never received a 2nd AOR and had their ECAS status turn In Process about a week before they received a PPR in June. It got me really worried because there were no updates for me in June.
Probably, the distinction is due to my FSWP 2014 application that was received by CIC in December 2014 and is being processed in Warsaw. I can see both applications in ECAS when I log in with my UCI, and the paper one is In Process. However, I haven't received any news regarding this application since AOR from Warsaw in April. I got it a week after I submitted my EE application. I wonder what will happen to my FSWP 2014 application now...

As for EE, I had 476 points with a Master's degree, 8.5 IELTS and three years of foreign experience.

Beeceeayo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Nomination.....
26-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with the forms
Med's Request
EE upfront Medical
Med's Done....
May 29th
Passport Req..
15-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefulguy said:
Conrats Elena. The worries are over.

@ Asivad, she (hoping Elena is a lady) is an outside applicant. I think her application was treated from her local VO and not Ottawa. Some people got lucky and had their applications treated from local VO like Righteous & Hollaugo. They both got 2nd AORs as well. so guess its common with outside applicants treated from local VO.

The Ottawa wait continues. phew
@Hopefulguy,

I would I know where my application is been processed from?

Elena101

Apr 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, Hopefulguy!

Yes, I am a lady :)

I think my application might have been processed by Warsaw, but I can not know for sure.

Those guys from my country who were processed by Ottawa got PPRs with directions to send their passports to Ottawa. In my PPR I was given a link to a CIC web page where I could choose my country and find out where to submit my passport in my country.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elena101 said:
Thank you, Hopefulguy!

Yes, I am a lady :)

I think my application might have been processed by Warsaw, but I can not know for sure.

Those guys from my country who were processed by Ottawa got PPRs with directions to send their passports to Ottawa. In my PPR I was given a link to a CIC web page where I could choose my country and find out where to submit my passport in my country.
Thanks for the explanation! And though that doesn't give us the slightest clue as to when we should expect any movement on our files, we are still very happy for your success! :)

That link you spoke about, if it is a generic link can you paste it here? Ignore this request if that link is configured somehow for your specific application.

Party hard this weekend! Canada calling :D

Elena101

Apr 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, Asivad Anac!

Celebrating is definitely on my schedule this weekend ;)

This is the link: cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp, with http and www

I am not allowed to post links - too few messages : (

cic_123

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Hello,

Do we need PCC for Canada also when we submit the application? Or when CIC asks, then only we have to submit it?

Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic_123 said:
Hello,

Do we need PCC for Canada also when we submit the application? Or when CIC asks, then only we have to submit it?

Thanks in advance
Only when CIC asks you for it.

allthebest

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
EricCartman said:
Congratulations For everyone who have received the much awaited PPR

Quick question if I may

What do they ask for beside passport/passport copy and bio data form?
Do they ask for pictures? If yes would anyone know what the specifications are?

Again congratulations
Got my ppr too ystd. My timeline is similar to Elena, pure fsw 27 mar ita and apr applicant from outside canada. They asked for 2 photos with same specs as per our submission (Asivad has given the link).

My file is processed by Ottawa VO and as im now already in canada, i will submit the passport photocopies, 2 pics and biodata form along with 2 Canada Xpress prepurchased self addressed envelops with tracking numbers (in my PPR letter they specifically indicate to provide the envelops and to send via Canada Xpress).