File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
I have been working in Canada for three and a half years for the same employer. I have an application in under the PNP route and now I'm looking at the EE process. I have read sooooo many threads and articles about how the candidate will be better placed for acceptance if they have a valid job offer.
My question to those who can help is: Do I(and all the other people in my situation)stand a better chance of selection because I am already part of the workforce? When my application goes into the mix on the 1st of January will my company have to pick me out and request my application go through?
Sounds simple enough but I'm sure there's a hidden hurdle somewhere in there??
Thanks.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you looking at EE as a second option in case the PNP route doesn't work out?

Being in the workforce doesn't automatically give you a better chance of selection. What you need is a valid job offer.

If you set up an EE profile and are accepted into the pool, your employer won't get an opportunity to pick you out, per se. But if they give you a valid job offer supported by an LMIA or if you have a provincial nomination, then you would indicate the job offer/nomination on your profile, claim the extra 600 points, and get an Invitation to Apply.

Splashdown21

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
IELTS Request
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
Hi amira_mais,
I'm looking at another year for my PNP to happen so yes, I am looking at the opportunity of applying under EE as I have the Provincial Nomination. My contract says that it's 'permanent' and when I quizzed HR, that is representative of a lifetime contract, unless things change! If what you say is correct with regards to the 'offer' then I would need the company to write a letter stating something along the lines of 'we are offering this person full time employment subject to attaining a PR card which we support along with the Provincial Nomination'?
That IS interesting information and I'm very grateful for you taking the time to write.
I'll touch base with HR and see if I can get the required letter/s from them and the PNP office as well.

Many thanks amira_mais

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a bit more complicated than that. If you already have a nomination, then your PR application will proceed outside the Express Entry system.

The fact that your job offer is permanent doesn't in and of itself allow you to claim job offer points under EE. And a letter alone probably isn't sufficient either.

You still need either a job offer supported by an LMIA (which will require the employer to advertise for Canadians first and prove that no suitable candidates were available) or a nomination for the purpose of Express Entry.

I don't know if your existing nomination can be transferred or re-used for EE - but it seems unlikely.

Are you here on a work permit that was issued on the basis of an LMIA? And is your job NOC 0, A or B?

Splashdown21

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
IELTS Request
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
I am in group B, with a current LMIA. I will contact the sponsoring PNP office on Monday to see if they will help with the EE application. If that IS the case then I would be exempt the LMIA and my job offer would be

secure, or so I would believe?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You look to be in good shape then. If your employer received an LMIA for this job already and you have a valid work permit, you don't need a new LMIA. The letter confirming this is a permanent job should suffice. With a NOC B job, PNP isn't your only option - you could apply under FSWP, or possibly FSTP or CEC as well. In fact, a provincial nomination under EE would require you to meet the criteria of FSWP, FSTP or CEC as a second stage. In any event, you have the benefit of six month processing for any of these 4 programs under EE.

Splashdown21

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
IELTS Request
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
Thanks, that IS good news, I've been looking at the other options as well so I'm glad you mentioned that.

Might not be all 'doom & gloom' after all! Thanks for your help here

bhaveshmailin

Feb 18, 2011
Hi there, I am right now working in a B category job in Alberta since sep.2014. I had an open work permit so my employer didnt really needed any LMO/LMIA sort of thing to hire me. so when I am already working for a canadian employer since a long time, Do i still need to get LMIA and if yes , how can my company do that ?

Please reply me.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bhaveshmailin said:
Hi there, I am right now working in a B category job in Alberta since sep.2014. I had an open work permit so my employer didnt really needed any LMO/LMIA sort of thing to hire me. so when I am already working for a canadian employer since a long time, Do i still need to get LMIA and if yes , how can my company do that ?

Please reply me.
If you want to apply under any program under Express Entry, your employer will need to get an LMIA. This means the job will have to be posted and the employer must convince Service Canada that no qualified Canadians were available. Here are more details on the LMIA requirements: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/index.shtml. Scroll down to the section called "Supporting a Permanent Resident Visa Application."

bhaveshmailin

Feb 18, 2011
Express Entry Confusion : International work permit holder

Hi All ,

I am a post graduate work permit holder ( Exempted from LMIA). I had more than 5 years of experience in India before i came to canada in category 6235 Financial sales , after that i came to canada as a student I have a certificate and a diploma from canadian colleges. currently I am working in Alberta under category 1215 (Shipping supervisor) since May 2014 . Can I apply if my past experience was different and current offer is in different category ?

Also can i edit profile, once i submit my profile in EE?

can I re-apply in EE in the same year if i dont get Invitation to apply ?

Please reply me as soon as possible.

Your reply will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Shah
+1 780 394 9219

king5

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Hi regina

I am already in canada,work permit with lmo.

Which of these categories does applicant's job fall under?what answer should i choose for this question?

no work permit required
work permit required,no lmia
work permit and lmia required

plz suggest me

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
king5 said:
Hi regina

I am already in canada,work permit with lmo.

Which of these categories does applicant's job fall under?what answer should i choose for this question?

no work permit required
work permit required,no lmia
work permit and lmia required

"work permit and lmia required" - Which gives you an advantage of having job offer with approved LMIA(or LMO)

plz suggest me