+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education verification problems

vegaexpo

Oct 11, 2009
Hey, people.
What the Canadians will do if they are unable to verify the education, for example: in Russia, many former Soviet universities do not exist. Should have I asked first if they verify the education at all, and, if they do, how serious? Thanx in advance.

Basya

Oct 17, 2009
R u from Russia? I am ukrainian. I have graduated from the University, but it is been renamed, our faculty has been separated and transformed into an independent Academy. I have just listed all the names it went through and years I studied there. My application is now under review of the background checks. it is been 9 months since background check was initiated. I think all these transformations of the educational institutions might cause the delay as well. But, i do not think you should worry, there are archives and CSIS office in Russia can check there too. It is not your problem, they do not exist anymore.

vegaexpo

Oct 11, 2009
I am an Ecuadorian but I studied in USSR, and my institute seems to disappeared... I was wondering what are they going to do if they will not get anything, any confirmation... Archives in Russia, could be another problem...

Basya

Oct 17, 2009
I do not think it should stop you from immigrating though. Your institute might have transformed and has a different name now. Do you have any friends back in Russia? Try to contact your co-students or something. I have never heard about Uni being vanished. Most of the time the Universities from Soviet Era changed their status or name, especially if it is a well-known one. If you are so worried you can contact Russian Embassy and request the info. Good luck!