+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Points

tito1

Apr 6, 2009
dears

i want to know how much points will i have in the "Skilled Worker Self-Assessment
Factor 1 – Education"

i spent
5 years in primary school
3 years middle school
3 years high school
4 years in college
==================
15 years

what points should i take ???

"Obtained two or more university degrees at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies" 22 point

or "Obtained a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies" 20 points ?????????????????/

as one consultant here told me that i get 20 points ONLY

as from my understanding is that i completed 15 years studied and i deserve 22 point,i don’t know if i understand correct or not !!!?

Reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/Education.asp

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Total all the years you spent in school. Then look at the highest post secondary diploma/degree that you have. Total the number of years you spent getting it.Then look at the grid and see what you get for education.
For the Grid go to:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/Education.asp

tito1

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks for your replay

with this data

5 years in primary school
3 years middle school
3 years high school
=====================
Total school = 11 years
=====================
4 years in college
=====================
Total all study = 15 Years

should i apply with
1- "Obtained two or more university degrees at the bachelor's level and completed at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies" 22 point
or
2- "Obtained a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor's level and completed at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies"

Thanks,

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t15510.0.html;msg66730;topicseen#msg66730

tito1

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks, this is help
but means that i need anther 2 point to get 67 point :'((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many years of work experience do you have? You can get one more for extra points. Also take IELTS again and try to get more English points or take an intensive French course and try to pass 2 points for French.

kans2009

Apr 2, 2009
hi,

What abt my case? I am doing my master right now and will complete 18 yrs of education up till this May 2009.

But I have not been able to get my degree yet until the end of this yr.

How many points will I have?
Thanks alot

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kans2009 said:
hi,

What abt my case? I am doing my master right now and will complete 18 yrs of education up till this May 2009.

But I have not been able to get my degree yet until the end of this yr.

How many points will I have?
Thanks alot
25 when you get you Masters, but notpmm until.

PMM

kans2009

Apr 2, 2009
Can I just submit the transcript and show them that I have completed all the credit requirement but the school doesnt issue the degree yet ????

If they dont accept it, then how many points do I expect to have? 22 points?

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
if you only have 1 bachelors degree and without a masters diploma you only get 20 points for education.