+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education docs for wife, even though she didn't get points on EE?

CruiseControl

Apr 28, 2016
Hi there,

I'm now in the process of uploading the necessary documentation to my PR application. After long days filling out the initial forms, I have a few questions that are really bothering me and I thought maybe you guys could help. Basically, my wife has a diploma (non-canadian) but, because we didn't do the ECA for her, she didn't get any points on the initial EE profile. However, even after explicitly marking the option that we do not have an ECA for her, now the system is saying that we need to upload Education Documents for her (required). I would like to know: is this correct? Should I remove the information about his university years? I am really hoping that we don't have to get an ECA for her.

Oh, btw, I do have an ECA for my education and I'll upload it, of course.

Thanks!

CruiseControl

Apr 28, 2016
Hm, I'm reading the "Ready Reference - Steps to follow and documents to arrange post ITA!" thread, and *apparently* the "Education docs" field is there also for the IELTS documents/etc. So maybe she won't need an ECA after all.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
CruiseControl said:
Hi there,

I'm now in the process of uploading the necessary documentation to my PR application. After long days filling out the initial forms, I have a few questions that are really bothering me and I thought maybe you guys could help. Basically, my wife has a diploma (non-canadian) but, because we didn't do the ECA for her, she didn't get any points on the initial EE profile. However, even after explicitly marking the option that we do not have an ECA for her, now the system is saying that we need to upload Education Documents for her (required). I would like to know: is this correct? Should I remove the information about his university years? I am really hoping that we don't have to get an ECA for her.

Oh, btw, I do have an ECA for my education and I'll upload it, of course.

Thanks!
ECA and IELTS is not mandatory for accompanying spouse, unless and until you want to claim points. The document upload placeholder logic is not associated with the fact that whether you have an ECA or not. So you have two options for your spouse.

Option 1 - Say No to ECA question and upload whatever documents you have and explain in LOE that you have not done ECA for spouse and neither are you claiming points for her education.

Option 2 - Remove her education details from Education History and mention it under Personal History section, so the system will not generate document upload placeholder. Explain the same in LOE as well.

CruiseControl

Apr 28, 2016
Oh, awesome, thank you so much for this information. I am still deciding which way to go, but it's good to know that we will not have to obtain an ECA for her.