+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Credentials - Clarification

haris86

Jul 1, 2015
I completed my Bachelors in Engineering (electrical and electronics) from Anna University, India in 2008.
I have been working as a consultant for 8 years now.

In 2015, I signed up for 1 year PG diploma course from IGNOU (distance education). I will be completing this in September and looking forward to go for WES assessment. Just to evaluate my chance of getting ITA, I would like to know if my profile will be considered as Bachelors degree or can I use two or more certificates/ diploma / degree to get full 128 points?

Does WES recognise part-time diploma programs? In addition, do they count work experience during the course of study?

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haris86 said:
I completed my Bachelors in Engineering (electrical and electronics) from Anna University, India in 2008.

In 2015, I signed up for 1 year PG diploma course from IGNOU (distance education). I will be completing this in September and looking forward to go for WES assessment. Just to evaluate my chance of getting ITA, I would like to know if my profile will be considered as Bachelors degree or can I use two or more certificates/ diploma / degree to get full 128 points?

Does WES recognise part-time diploma programs? In addition, do they count work experience during the course of study?
Try the below tool to find out.

https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp

haris86

Jul 1, 2015
xlnzee said:
Try the below tool to find out.
Thanks! I have gone through the WES tool but it doesn't list diploma courses from Indian universities.
However, CIC website lists the following as valid. Quite confused.

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Study Toward a Master's Degree
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haris86 said:
Thanks! I have gone through the WES tool but it doesn't list diploma courses from Indian universities.
However, CIC website lists the following as valid. Quite confused.

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Study Toward a Master's Degree
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
You can search around on the forum for your specific degree/diploma or send an email to WES to find out.

haris86

Jul 1, 2015
xlnzee said:
You can search around on the forum for your specific degree/diploma or send an email to WES to find out.
I have gone through the forum but didn't come across any direct response to my situation.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
haris86 said:
I have gone through the forum but didn't come across any direct response to my situation.
Check these threads
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/asking-indian-university-ignou-to-send-certificates-for-credential-assessment-t133536.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/distancepart-time-masters-degree-is-valid-as-per-wes-eca-t277325.0.html

rohit316

Nov 16, 2018

hello sir, i know the thread is old but taking shot to get reply ,did your pg 1 yr course get verified by wes and if yes what for, please inform , thanks.