+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECOPR- My name is missing the - hyphene

Dear123

May 28, 2024
Hello everyone. After the long wait I finally received my Ecopr but my name is missing the Hyphen between my first name. I have changed my SIN number and was told my hyphene would be lost except I reach out to IRCC to issue me a new ECOPR.
But with the long wait, how long would this take. I need to travel next year summer and want to start applying for my UK visa the moment I get my card. Is this all worth is? Would this affect me in the long run. Should I wait to get my card then fix the mistake after. I waited so long for this PR and I can't even imagine the hassle trying to reach them again. Its a headache

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The machine readable part of the passport doesn't allow hyphens, for example. I do not know but think pr cards have the same restrictions. So it's up to you, but largely you will not get perfect consistency between govt docs about inclusion of a hyphen or substitution w ith a space.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
The machine readable part of the passport doesn't allow hyphens, for example. I do not know but think pr cards have the same restrictions. So it's up to you, but largely you will not get perfect consistency between govt docs about inclusion of a hyphen or substitution w ith a space.
pr cards have hyphens. for uci and names.

Reactions: armoured