+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA points...need help

candid123

May 3, 2017
Hello all,

Newbie, my first post here. Myself and wife are in the process of language test and ECA. We need to clarify on the score for the ECA. My wife is going to be the primary applicant due to the advantage in age and educational qualification. She has an 4.5 years engineering degree in electronics and communication and a 3 year engineering diploma in computer science. Both are from different universities. We are yet to approach WES for this.

Our questions are;

1. Do we have to do the ECA for both (degree and diploma), since they differ in subjects and also from different universities? And by doing so is there any advantage in getting additional points? Or we just get the ECA done for the highest education (4.5 year engineering degree)?
2. In case If we apply for both certificates through WES, do we have to pay for both certificates with separate reference numbers or just a single payment through same reference number for both certificates?

Appreciate your advises guys....

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Getting both is advantageous. They will assess both and give u the Canadian equivalent match. U can send them collectively and in application ul mention both and so will be the fee