+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA of B.Tech. from PTU while being outside India

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
I am an Indian Citizen currently in US, can I get ECA of my B.Tech.(done through PTU) while I am outside India?
Can someone else go to PTU and apply on my behalf for my ECA?

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask someone to go to Ladowali Road and get the Sealed transcripts, and then follow the procedure to mail them to WES for ECA report.

Btech from PTU is equal to 4 years Canadian Undergraduate degree

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Step 1: Before Sending Documents

Complete the WES Application and get a Reference Number.
A reference number is required on all documents, forms and correspondence sent to WES.

Step 2: Documents to Send for Higher Education

All documents listed below are required.

Required Documents How to Send Documents
Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates issued by the institutions attended
e.g. Bachelor, Master, Master of Philosophy, Postgraduate Diploma

AND

To be submitted to WES by applicant.

All individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations.
e.g. university or autonomous college

NOTES:
College-issued and attested mark sheets will NOT be accepted unless from an autonomous college. To check whether your college has autonomous status click here.

Univ. of Mumbai and Gujarat Univ. – Please see FAQs for specific instructions.

Request for all mark sheets to be sent directly to WES by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations

-OR-

You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES.

NOTE: Mark sheets attested by persons outside the Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will NOT be accepted.

Download the academic records request form too

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
I wrote emails to a few departments at PTU, Sh. Devinder Kumar(General Administration) responded back with:

Go to PTU.ac.in >> Student Support Centre >> Create a Login Account >> Post your query

I got a response from the query in which I had to upload:
1. My semester DMCs
2. Proof of Identity

It was then giving option for the address to which the transcripts should be sent
Payment details are:
1. Rs.300 for transcript of each DMC
2. Rs.200 for each transcript to be sent abroad(WES Canada address) or or even outside Punjab and Rs.100 for within Punjab

payment can be made online, so no one really has to go to PTU personally

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
I also placed a request on PTU Support Center for the B.Tech. degree to be sent to WES.

Now my WES is also completed successfully. It took 57 days(from the day of making payments on WES website) to get it completed.

Rex84

Jul 26, 2015
@pb10

How do you upload the form online on ptu Website which would say Wes reference no...do they send transcripts to university directly without mentioning reference number...

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
Hi Avish

I got my ECA completed from WES, I know there's a lot of info posted all over the place.
But this will get you through:

You have to upload the scanned copies on the PTU website...Pay the amount etc.

***in that they will also ask the address to which the transcripts have to be sent, just mention the whole thing in the address field, starting with WES Reference Number # xxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WES Reference No.____________________

World Education Services
Documentation Center
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only catch is that in the ZIP code field you cannot fill anything else but numerals, so fill "000000"
don't try to fill the actual ZIP code(M5B1J3) in the ZIP code field.

I also included the DEGREE certificate to be sent to WES, i.e. 8 Marksheets + 1(Degree certificate)

PTU will take care of everything else ;-)
They do this day in day out...

***********************************************************************************
***********************************************************************************
Also note that you have to mail the photocopies of the same documents:
[8 Marksheets + 1 Degree certificate] to WES on your own.
No need for signatures or any attestation, but mention the WES Ref# on the back side of every certificate.

WES have no support at all, they neither answer the phone nor do they reply to your emails :-(

Regards
PB10

surinderjit

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Sept 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
29 Sept
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14 Sept
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18 Jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Feb 2017
LANDED..........
Awaiting
How long PTU takes to respond on online request for transcripts.

I uploaded all docs and piad fees two weeks back. I wrote many emails and made phone calls. they don't pick any call on toll free or any other no.

Any other way to contact them.

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
surinderjit said:
How long PTU takes to respond on online request for transcripts.

I uploaded all docs and piad fees two weeks back. I wrote many emails and made phone calls. they don't pick any call on toll free or any other no.

Any other way to contact them.
I posted queries on the Student Support center only, they gave me a tracking number but I couldn't track anything with that :p

However the documents reached WES in about 20-25 days of completing the request on the PTU website(Student Support Portal)
:-D

Then WES took about 20 days to completed the ECA.
All in all-it takes 40-50 days for the entire process to completed.

amittal89

Jul 19, 2016
Hi PB10,

I followed the steps mentioned by you and it helped a lot to me.

But there I only get the option to attach my marksheets, I wanted to know where to attach my scanned degree, since PTU since WES needs degree as well.

I called PTU they said that with this request, that can only send transcripts and cannot attach degree with them...

Can you please suggest how did this work for you? Where did you attach the scanned copy of degree?

Many Thanks
Regards
Aditya Mittal

PB10 said:
Hi Avish

I got my ECA completed from WES, I know there's a lot of info posted all over the place.
But this will get you through:

You have to upload the scanned copies on the PTU website...Pay the amount etc.

***in that they will also ask the address to which the transcripts have to be sent, just mention the whole thing in the address field, starting with WES Reference Number # xxx
WES Reference No.____________________

World Education Services
Documentation Center
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada
The only catch is that in the ZIP code field you cannot fill anything else but numerals, so fill "000000"
don't try to fill the actual ZIP code(M5B1J3) in the ZIP code field.

I also included the DEGREE certificate to be sent to WES, i.e. 8 Marksheets + 1(Degree certificate)

PTU will take care of everything else ;-)
They do this day in day out...

Also note that you have to mail the photocopies of the same documents:
[8 Marksheets + 1 Degree certificate] to WES on your own.
No need for signatures or any attestation, but mention the WES Ref# on the back side of every certificate.

WES have no support at all, they neither answer the phone nor do they reply to your emails :-(

Regards
PB10

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
Hi Aditya

I think I only requested for the 8 semester marksheets but in the photocopies of the documents that I sent to WES - I also included the Degree certificate.

Regards
PB10

amittal89 said:
Hi PB10,

I followed the steps mentioned by you and it helped a lot to me.

But there I only get the option to attach my marksheets, I wanted to know where to attach my scanned degree, since PTU since WES needs degree as well.

I called PTU they said that with this request, that can only send transcripts and cannot attach degree with them...

Can you please suggest how did this work for you? Where did you attach the scanned copy of degree?

Many Thanks
Regards
Aditya Mittal

amittal89

Jul 19, 2016
Hi PB10,

Thankyou for your quick reply.

I am sorry if I am being silly and asking repeated questions. But I am still confused about it.

On the WES website I could read, that they only need my marksheets transcripts, to be send in sealed envelope, and my Degree photocopy.

So what I have understood so far is.

1) Request PTU for transcripts on their online portal. Mention the WES Canada address, and PTU will directly post the 8 marksheet's transcripts.

2)Send photocopy of documents to WES.
Here photocopy refers to,8marksheets and 1degree? Also do I need to send this as a separate courier?
Or do we need send send a scanned copy in email? I cannot se any place to upload there documnets in my WES account?

Please help.
Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards
Aditya Mittal

sadfee

Aug 9, 2016
Hi Guys,

Hope you all doing well ! I seem to be having the same issue that is being discussed in the above posts. As I am currently not in India it is becoming really difficult to get a hold of the process for attestation for WES. I have basically two queries, which goes as below :)

I registered myslef on the PTU support center, as mentioned by all but what my confusion is there are two options for transcripts in the drop down box,

1. Apply for transcripts &
2. Apply for WES (Attested transcripts )

For the first option the procedure is same as you guys have discussed, upload marksheets, provide address and make payment (no option for degree)
For the second option, they ask you to get a WES form attested from your college which needs to be attached along with the marksheets and then the same process, provide address and payment (again no option for uploading degree).

I want to understand which option to opt for, also many of you have suggested to give postal address of WES but since I have done masters as well but from Bangalore, should I request all documents to be sent to me and then post myself a consolidated file to WES or should I let each university send the transcripts as separate files ?

I am really confused. I had thought i would request all documents to be sent to me and then send one compiled envelope to WES.

Could you guys kindly suggest what to do? Would highly appreciate.

Regards/Sadaf

amittal89

Jul 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have applied for Transcripts on PTU website, I had asked 2 copies from them, I opened one and could find a single document with all subject listed on it and signed by PTU.I wanted to confirm is this enough?
Or each DMC should be individually signed?

If yes, then what option do I need to select from PTU website?

There are option

-Apply for transcript
-Apply for Attestation
-Apply for WES Form

I am confused that what they actually need.

Please help.
Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards
Aditya Mittal