+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC)

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Also, it is not necessary for some universities to get approval from AICTE. Universities that state private university which has been established by an act of state legislative assembly doesn't need AICTE approvals, however, they would need approvals from BCI, OCI, RCI, MCI for respective courses.

For example, Amity University, wherever present, have been established by an act of state legislation and does not AICTE approvals. I also believe that evaluators at WES, ICAS, ICES, IQAS, CES are aware of such laws as they have been dealing with such cases for some decades.

AnkitaS

Feb 24, 2019
WES does not consider AICTE approvals, they require UGC approval to consider an institute as a recognised institute.
No they do. I had written to them. If it’s registered under UGC, then great. But they evaluate with the courses are AICTE affiliated

Yusra_1111

Apr 12, 2018
Hi All,

urgent information is required

from where I can get my post graduate diploma assessed as WES denied to asses. Is there any positive report from any other ECA authority.

AnkitaS

Feb 24, 2019
for XIC - Xavier Institute of Communications
Welcome to the club. Which year? I have devised a way out which I think may help.

So I spoke to my course co-ordinator who has now quit and she’s told me a way this problem can be tackled. If St Xavier’s can give us an attestation on our XIC docs with a certificate that we’re bonafied students of St Xaviers (as a trust) and can also give documentation of how it is an autonomous college, it might just work with CES. CES is ok to assess and evaluate as long as the college can prove its autonomous status. However, doing this is tricky and making them help us, trickier! But maybe it might work if people who are stuck can go together and persuade XIC to help us. If you’re interested to do this, please connect with me on Facebook. The name is Ankita Shirsolkar.

Shivam Damohe

Jul 18, 2019
So, WES didn't recognise my PGDM certificate. How can we get this assessed successfully? I've read that IQAS and ICES are the other two options. But how many of them have been successful?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
So, WES didn't recognise my PGDM certificate. How can we get this assessed successfully? I've read that IQAS and ICES are the other two options. But how many of them have been successful?
WES doesn't recognise Xaviers, you need to either go for IQAS or ICES or CES.
IQAS will definitely give you a Master's equivalency, but, has a processing time of ~6 months.
ICES, CES does recognise Xaviers, takes around 14 weeks, but might end up giving you a Diploma equivalency.

naks09

Sep 10, 2018
So on researching a little, I found out that Xavier’s is an autonomous college with NAAC accreditation. I don’t know how helpful that is. According to CES, if the college can prove that it’s autonomous with documentation then they consider. So I was thinking of getting the XIC transcripts attested by Xavier’s. I will keep you updated about it though
Hey Ankita! Did this work for you?
I am an alum of XIC too hence wanted to know

Rakesh198283

Aug 30, 2020
hey Ankita...been a year since you tried the whole process out. hoping you've had some success and can advise on the same. from all that ive read off this thread, it looks like i should get my ECA done either by IQAS or ICES. i have a PGD from XIC (2004-05) in film and television besides a degree before that. could you throw some light on whether IQAS would consider the PGD as a it is or would it get negated?

srishtagore

Aug 31, 2020
Yes. However, AICTE is concerned only with technical education such as B.Tech, BE and M.Tech. Other programmes would need approval from designated bodies such as Medical Council of India for MBBS/MD/MS, LLB/LLM for Bar Council of India and etc..
Just wanted to know if a pg diploma program in design being offered by an autonomous college is considered for ECA, given the college is accredited by UGC only but not AICTE

Amanda303

Nov 23, 2018
Hello, I am a student of XIC. I have completed the AICP course in the year 2020 and have given my documents for evaluation to CES. I have a question, while sending it through the college, it was stated as a 10 month course. Will this be a problem? Should I try another credential evaluation?