+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Concern: Name differences in various certificates

vincent.forums

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
I have emailed WES and am awaiting some clarification from them before submitting my documents but my question is as follows:

My name appears differently on the education documents, the reason being one mentions my mothers name, other does not..

My Name : SURNAME FIRSTNAME OLD NAME)
FATHERS NAME : FATHERSNAME
MOTHERS NAME: MOTHERNAME

Names as they appear on my certificates:
SURNAME FIRSTNAME FATHERSNAME MOTHERSNAME: MARKSHEET
FIRSTNAME FATHERNAME MOTHERSNAME SURNAME GRADUATION CERTIFICATE

Dones anyone have any experience to deal with this?

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
I have read somewhere on the forum that a guy had different names on educational degree (with middlename) and EE profile (w/o middlename). WES wrote a remark stating something like "name as mentioned in the degree". I think the person got the name corrected on his degree.

It will be great if you can get it corrected first hand before sending for evaluation.

Hope it helps

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
All my names are the same everywhere. However, WES made a mistake in my name in the evaluation. When I informed them about it, they asked me resend all the documents again and start all over.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Fortunately, I didnt have to pay the fee again. Unfortunately, I have to wait as I can't enter the pool.

vincent.forums

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
I have also read on this forum that if you explain your case they will provide the ECA based on the name which appears on your passport.

Is this something that anyone else has experienced as well?

Thanks,
Vincent

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
xpressentry said:
Fortunately, I didnt have to pay the fee again. Unfortunately, I have to wait as I can't enter the pool.

You can enter the pool and explain in LOE (incase u receive ITA) abt Wes's mistake and that u r in the process of correcting that. Send your emails as evidence.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
vincent.forums said:
I have emailed WES and am awaiting some clarification from them before submitting my documents but my question is as follows:

My name appears differently on the education documents, the reason being one mentions my mothers name, other does not..

Write an Letter to issue your report in the name as per your passport. send them a copy of your passport (which would have your mother and father's name) and you can reason with them that in one of educational programs they have written father/mother's name as middle name. However, my legal name is as per my passport.
My spouse had written this letter to highlight her maiden name (on educational certificates) and name after marriage. WES Report had her name as "First Maiden (After Marriage Surname)".
Hope this would help you.

sherryWazza

Jul 25, 2017

Hey! What did WES reply in this regard? I am facing the same situation. My first and fourth year marksheets as well as my Degree has Surname|My Name| Father's Name| Mother's Name whereas second and third year marksheets has Surname|My Name| Father's Name (which is as mentioned in my passport).Were you able to workaround this?

rgu

Feb 5, 2018
Hey! What did WES reply in this regard? I am facing the same situation. My first and fourth year marksheets as well as my Degree has Surname|My Name| Father's Name| Mother's Name whereas second and third year marksheets has Surname|My Name| Father's Name (which is as mentioned in my passport).Were you able to workaround this?
hi,

i am in same boat. My transcripts has my first and last name while my passport has only first name.
Dis WES issue report? can you pls share format of lletter

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Can anyone clarify -

1st certificate name is same as passport name
2nd certificate name is slightly different as passport name (part of the first name - spelling)

Would this be an issue if I submit for ECA?

Javshaggu

Nov 10, 2018
I have also read on this forum that if you explain your case they will provide the ECA based on the name which appears on your passport.

Is this something that anyone else has experienced as well?

Thanks,
Vincent
Hi Vincent.

How did u resolve the discrepancy in name issue. I too have submit my transcripts to WES

Ziya Sam

Oct 19, 2019
Hi, Help me if anyone faces this issue.

WES has canceled my application and mentioned the below reason.

"We regret to inform you that we are unable to prepare an evaluation report for you due to a significant difference between the name on your order and the name on one or more of the credentials submitted"

What are the supporting documents I'm supposed to send to WES when my name on the passport and academic certificates differ? For example, I was a Christian got married to a Muslim guy in all my education credentials I have my Christian name but in my passport, I have a Muslim name since it was changed after marriage. So guide me with what are the documents I need to submit to WES for verification?