+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Assessment

Jessb

Jun 26, 2021
Hi there,

I was really hoping someone could help me clarify my ECA assessment. I have the result from WES and it reads:

Secondary school diploma from a university-preparatory program with undergraduate credit

I have been invited to apply for express entry for PR and with selecting:Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

I am from the UK so attended sixth for 2 years after secondary school. I am really hoping this translates as I really want PR of course!!

Any help is really appreciated.

Jessb

Jun 26, 2021
No I had the ECA a couple years ago. I did it based on having Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,

I was really hoping someone could help me clarify my ECA assessment. I have the result from WES and it reads:

Secondary school diploma from a university-preparatory program with undergraduate credit

I have been invited to apply for express entry for PR and with selecting:Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

I am from the UK so attended sixth for 2 years after secondary school. I am really hoping this translates as I really want PR of course!!

So do you have a degree/diploma? To count 2 or more diplomas, one has to be assessed as at least a 3 year degree or diploma.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

That was the wrong selection.

You should have selected: secondary school (high school diploma)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Really?? That sucks! But it’s a college qualification that’s what’s confusing me
You don’t have a three year degree or diploma at a college or university. You have secondary school diploma with some credits counted towards your post secondary education.

Jessb

Jun 26, 2021
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

But is that not what this is? I studied for 2 years at a college/institution

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Really?? That sucks! But it’s a college qualification that’s what’s confusing me
The ECA assessment is pretty clear. It says your education is the equivalent of a secondary school diploma and also earned one undergraduate credit. One credit is not equal to a college or university qualification such as a diploma or any other complete program. It's simply one credit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

It's not about what you studied outside of Canada but what this is equivalent to in Canada. ECA has assessed this as being the equivalent of a secondary school diploma.

If your studies were the equivalnt of a two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute - then the ECA would say that. But that's not what your ECA says.

Reactions: singh@1234

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Your ECA is clear - your two year program is equivalent to a Canadian secondary diploma with one post secondary credit. One credit is not a second diploma. To count “two or more”, you need a 3 year diploma or degree and then at least a one year diploma/degree.

Jessb

Jun 26, 2021
Thanks for all the clarifications guys. Appreciate the help. I guess I’ll withdraw and reapply with less. Thanks again