+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duration for Proof of Funds,After application need of stay in home country,Birth

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Guys need your help here.

1) Whats the duration we need to show for Proof of funds to CIC ? It has been 2 months for me keeping the required funds in Saving account and FixedDeposits.

2) Is this duration considered till ITA received or till we apply for PR ?

3) If after completing all steps of application i.e ITA, Application, fees, Medical.. Can I leave for another country ? My company might send me to US for few months.
Is there any need of me staying in the my home country ?

4) If I recieve ITA and the apply in 60 days, how long does it take for remaining things ?

My current plan is to apply under express entry in couple of days like June end, If I receive ITA by July end then apply for PR with documents by August end and my company may ask me to go to US in January 2015.

5) There is one more question, Me and my spouse both don't have Birth Certificate and also we can't arrange it. Can we provide Passport and School certificate as proof of birth ?

Please comment on this.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Hi All,

Guys need your help here.

1) Whats the duration we need to show for Proof of funds to CIC ? It has been 2 months for me keeping the required funds in Saving account and FixedDeposits.

2) Is this duration considered till ITA received or till we apply for PR ?

money needs to be in the account when you submit your PR application (after ITA). there's no length requirement for how long it has to be in your account.

3) If after completing all steps of application i.e ITA, Application, fees, Medical.. Can I leave for another country ? My company might send me to US for few months. yeah
Is there any need of me staying in the my home country ?no

4) If I recieve ITA and the apply in 60 days, how long does it take for remaining things ?no one knows. up to 6 months

My current plan is to apply under express entry in couple of days like June end, If I receive ITA by July end then apply for PR with documents by August end and my company may ask me to go to US in January 2015.

5) There is one more question, Me and my spouse both don't have Birth Certificate and also we can't arrange it. Can we provide Passport and School certificate as proof of birth ?they don't ask for birth certs anymore

Please comment on this.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They don't take it off you. You scan them copies of all the identity pages and all pages that are stamped and any visas you have/had when you submit your application.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
purplesnow said:
They don't take it off you. You scan them copies of all the identity pages and all pages that are stamped and any visas you have/had when you submit your application.
Thanks PurpleSnow. :)

sreedhar85in

Feb 7, 2015
5) There is one more question, Me and my spouse both don't have Birth Certificate and also we can't arrange it. Can we provide Passport and School certificate as proof of birth ?they don't ask for birth certs anymore

I don't agree with the statement " they don't ask for birth certs anymore" . I beieve birth certificate is still an integral and important document which is in the checklist of documents provided in the CIC website. Any other document other than birthcertificate which proves date of birth is not concrete and its acceptance is sole discretion of the CIC. Seniors please advise.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sreedhar85in said:

I don't agree with the statement " they don't ask for birth certs anymore" . I beieve birth certificate is still an integral and important document which is in the checklist of documents provided in the CIC website. Any other document other than birthcertificate which proves date of birth is not concrete and its acceptance is sole discretion of the CIC. Seniors please advise.
Purplesnow is right.

CIC doesn't ask for Birth Certificates for primary applicant and spouse (where present). Birth certificate don't feature in the document checklist post ITA.

I think they still ask for birth certificates where children below the age of 18 are concerned though.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Do a search on FSW threads regarding duration of POF. It is my understanding that you can be asked to show proof to Customs upon entry into Canada. Without a job waiting for you, how are you going to provide for your food and lodging, transportation, etc? It is expensive to live in Canada and the amount required is not excessive.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Silvi6 said:

Is there any stage at which CIC takes the passport ?
On passport request(post ITA and application submission), if you don't belong to visa exempt country, then you need to send original passport to CIC office. It will take around 15days to come back.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks Everybody

@Intocanda,

I belong to India. I don't think its a visa exempt country. Do you have any idea if at the time of passport request I am not in home country what will happen ?

Thanks
Silvi

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Silvi6 said:
Thanks Everybody

@ Intocanada,

I belong to India. I don't think its a visa exempt country. Do you have any idea if at the time of passport request I am not in home country what will happen ?

Thanks
Silvi
@IntoCanada : You seem to be only one who got the VISA. Congrats for it :)

I have one more question : Just got confused after submitted the EE profile. I got 2 types of Skill Transferability points 1) Education :50 and 2) Foreign Work Ex : 50.
what does this Foreign Work Experience under skill transferability means ? I have not got any experience working outside India. My work ex is 6+ yrs and IELTS : 7.5(Writing),8,8,8 . just want to verify that I haven't done any mistake in the application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
@ IntoCanada : You seem to be only one who got the VISA. Congrats for it :)

I have one more question : Just got confused after submitted the EE profile. I got 2 types of Skill Transferability points 1) Education :50 and 2) Foreign Work Ex : 50.
what does this Foreign Work Experience under skill transferability means ? I have not got any experience working outside India. My work ex is 6+ yrs and IELTS : 7.5(Writing),8,8,8 . just want to verify that I haven't done any mistake in the application.
Nothing to worry.

'Foreign' in this case means outside Canada and not outside your country of birth.

All the best!

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
@IntoCanada : I am asking you again. Had you mentioned all of your study(including 10th(Secondary), 12th(Sen secondary)) or only Graduation and Post Graduation in EE Profile ?

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Silvi6 said:
Thanks Everybody

@ Intocanda,

Thanks
Silvi
Unfortunately, you can will have just 30days of time to submit your passport. I am not sure whether you can convince CIC to send it later.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Silvi6 said:
@ IntoCanada : You seem to be only one who got the VISA. Congrats for it :)

Asivad is right on this. Whatever you filled in is right.