4-3-2015
Passport Req..
Praying and hoping soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Praying and hoping soon..
LANDED..........
Mr. Qorax,

Hi! Good day to you. My visa for PR has been approved and will be leaving on end of this month bound to Vancouver. I planned only to have my PR visa stamp and be back here in Dubai after 45 days. Is there any tax obligation as a PR working outside Canada?
I would like also to ask if it is possible to visit other places like Toronto while waiting for PR card? If it is possible, what are the papers needed?

Thanks and regards,
Radfellow :)

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Re: Landed in Vancouver

Hi chinky!

I am also landing in Vancouver in few days time. Where you in Vancouver? What are the documents you have taken in RTA for proving that you have an existing driving license here in Dubai? Is the exam and road test difficult in Canada? or way difficult here in Dubai?

Thanks,
Radfellow

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Congrats & all the best for your safe landing & future.

radfellow said:
Mr. Qorax,

Hi! Good day to you. My visa for PR has been approved and will be leaving on end of this month bound to Vancouver. I planned only to have my PR visa stamp and be back here in Dubai after 45 days. Is there any tax obligation as a PR working outside Canada?
I would like also to ask if it is possible to visit other places like Toronto while waiting for PR card? If it is possible, what are the papers needed?

Thanks and regards,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
radfellow said:
Mr. Qorax,

Thanks and regards,
Congrats!

Yes, there'd be. Once u submit ur IT returns, u'd be required to 'declare' ur Global Income. If u do so, u'd be taxed on that overseas component as well, if u r not from a tax-treaty country [e.g. the US, in such cases u only pay tax in either of the countries].

It's another matter that till the time u don't make residential ties with Canada - u r not required to file IT returns. However, the day u finally move - u'd be filing that for the same yr. and then u'd be required to declare ur global i/come.

Yes, u r free to move anywhere within Canada post landing... as a PR u have all the rights to visit, holiday, do business/work, settle home etc. anywhere in Canada.

Qorax

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
arsalanb said:
I did my medical on 23 May 2011, received passport request on 16 Dec. 2011. Sent passports by FEDEX to London on Jan. 3.........waiting for the passports from London
Thanks for replying. Wish you all the best.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
alibhai800 said:
Hi there Ja77,

Well my Medicals were received in London on July 3, 2011, but still my ecas has not been updated with Medicals received.

I believe the time varies for 2009 and 2010 applicants. Its around 4 to 8 months for the PR to arrive after Medicals.

I am still waiting for my Passport Request (PR).

wish you all the best!
Ali
Thanks for replying, Ali. I'm sure your PPR is very near. Let's hope I also make it through this year. Keep in touch.

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mr. Qorax, a millions thanks for the immediate reply with relevant information..... :)

radfellow

Ghassan.sultan

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Yemen
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
IELTS Request
Overall 6/9 (10/16)
File Transfer...
27-07-2011
Med's Request
22/01/2012
Interview........
No
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
Any timeline spread sheet for this thread ? I need the link for it, please.

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
IGOROT76 said:
Hi Everybody,

I am glad that i found this forum, i know somebody could help me!

Its been a year already that my application as Live in caregiver was received by the Abu Dhabi CIC and yet till today i dont know what's going on with my application, really clueless! They mentioned in thier acknowledgement receipt that processing time is 12 to 14 months, so does it mean that i have to wait till March 2012 before i could follow-up it? Please i need your advise what to do?

Regards,

Igorot

Hi Igorot

Send a case specific enquiry Immdtly to CHC AD.

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
arjignesh said:
Hello all,

I want to inform people, who are coming India after getting Visa from Dubai..I had very bad experience on Mumbai airport.
At the Immigration counter Officer retained me and my spouse for more than 30 mins just to verify my and my spouse's visa for Canada, where we were coming from Dubai.
1) They questioned me and my wife that how did I got my VISA so fast. He checked our passport more than 15 times to verify.
2) He asked me all the procedure and details. I tried to show all doc but he was not ready to see that.
3) Finally he found that I have sent my PP to London via courier, which all people from GCC are doing. So he caught me on that. I cannot do this, this is crime.
4) He blamed that my spouse PP has some mishandling(which was not true)

Finally his senior officer had also checked our PP and warned us that we must not send our PP like this other wise they may take action.

So guys this may not happen to you but be aware of this kind of incident in India..

regards,
Thanks for sharing and vvvv sorry to hear buddy

i have traveled many times with canada and other visas to india ( Even NOw i am in India too) but luckily didn't had any experience like this. No worries dear, this IO can do nothing against.

Biju

venmal77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2009
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arjignesh said:
Hello all,

I want to inform people, who are coming India after getting Visa from Dubai..I had very bad experience on Mumbai airport.
At the Immigration counter Officer retained me and my spouse for more than 30 mins just to verify my and my spouse's visa for Canada, where we were coming from Dubai.
1) They questioned me and my wife that how did I got my VISA so fast. He checked our passport more than 15 times to verify.
2) He asked me all the procedure and details. I tried to show all doc but he was not ready to see that.
3) Finally he found that I have sent my PP to London via courier, which all people from GCC are doing. So he caught me on that. I cannot do this, this is crime.
4) He blamed that my spouse PP has some mishandling(which was not true)

Finally his senior officer had also checked our PP and warned us that we must not send our PP like this other wise they may take action.

So guys this may not happen to you but be aware of this kind of incident in India..

regards,

HI
GOOD MORNING TO ALL
THIS ONLY FOR MONEY ,FOR OTHER STATE THEY WILL ??

ANY HOW FORGOT EVERYTING
PREPARE FOR UR DREAM LAND
GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
ALL IS WELL
VENMAL

VINK

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London, CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
25-02-2010
Med's Request
Medical Req. yet to receive (In Process from Feb 8th, 2011)
Congrats... SofiaJohns12 , Radfellow , Ja77

Regards,
VINK

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Ghassan.sultan said:
Any timeline spread sheet for this thread ? I need the link for it, please.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aq_wsEKAOuNxdGROQkFKS3dZcUtlbU14LVAyalMwR2c&hl=en#gid=

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
Thank you VINK :)

nadeemismaili

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/12/2009
AOR Received.
18/08/2011
IELTS Request
All Sent together
File Transfer...
18/02/2010
Med's Request
08/03/2012, Re-Medical-Request: 13/DEC/2013
Med's Done....
17/04/2012, Sent: 13/JAN/2014
Interview........
waived !Inshallah
Passport Req..
04/02/2014
Hello everybody on the forum,

My Name is Nadeem and I am resident of KUWAIT. I had applied for canadian immigration from UAE under federal skill using NOC 0213. Please find my details below of my immigration case and advice me what to do except waiting.

applied to CIO NS;June 26, 2009
Document Received at Sydney, Canada: December 30, 2009
Receive a Letter from Office: February 18, 2010
documents sent to london; February 24, 2010
medicals recieved: Still Waiting
Meds,PRF: Waiting