mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Congrats, sifiajohns12.
Submit immediately to get your visa as early as possible.
Best of luck.
mycan

sofiajohns12 said:
Hi friends..... I've received my PPR yesterday evening by email. I sent them an email on the 9th of Jan and received a reply with a letter attached requesting my passport. I have 45 days to submit.

It feels so gooooood

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Hi dave_lewis,

Pls read the forum/s a tad more - and ur queries could/would be mitigated

tad=a little more
mitigate=to make things less harmful or in other words making things better

To keep it simple if you go through this forum threads little more in depth it helps make you understand your situation better because similar query is answered someware.

Hope it helps.

mycan

dave_lewis said:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND...!!

Please advice clearly

thanks

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I have done my medicals on 14th January from Dr. Azan Binbrek on Bank Street in Bur Dubai. My medical results have been received by London today on 18th January. Hope everything goes fine now. I have the following queries.

1. How long it usually takes for the "Medical Results received ..." line to be added to e-cas?
2. How long after the medical results are received, someone can expect his PPR?

I understand this would vary from case to case, but just want to have an idea on general trend these days.

Thanks and Regards...

arsalanb

Jun 20, 2011
ja77 said:
I have done my medicals on 14th January from Dr. Azan Binbrek on Bank Street in Bur Dubai. My medical results have been received by London today on 18th January. Hope everything goes fine now. I have the following queries.

1. How long it usually takes for the "Medical Results received ..." line to be added to e-cas?

I understand this would vary from case to case, but just want to have an idea on general trend these days.

Thanks and Regards...

I did my medical on 23 May 2011, received passport request on 16 Dec. 2011. Sent passports by FEDEX to London on Jan. 3.........waiting for the passports from London

arsalanb

Jun 20, 2011
sofiajohns12 said:
Hi friends..... I've received my PPR yesterday evening by email. I sent them an email on the 9th of Jan and received a reply with a letter attached requesting my passport. I have 45 days to submit.

It feels so gooooood
Congratulations!!!
Don't wait for 45 days to submit....
I have sent my passports to London on jan 3, still waiting....

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Hi there Ja77,

Well my Medicals were received in London on July 3, 2011, but still my ecas has not been updated with Medicals received.

I believe the time varies for 2009 and 2010 applicants. Its around 4 to 8 months for the PR to arrive after Medicals.

I am still waiting for my Passport Request (PR).

wish you all the best!
Ali

ja77 said:

Thanks and Regards...

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
sofiajohns12 said:

It feels so gooooood
yaahhhoooo............. ;D......congratssssss :p :p :p

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
Thank you my dear friends Soby, mycan, arsalanb and sterileinjection :)

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
ja77 said:

Thanks and Regards...
I did my medicals on mid September and Medical received line appeared around 7-8 weeks after. Now waiting 4 ppr. I second Ali in his opinion that time varies for 2009 and 2010 applicants.

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
Hello all,

I want to inform people, who are coming India after getting Visa from Dubai..I had very bad experience on Mumbai airport.
At the Immigration counter Officer retained me and my spouse for more than 30 mins just to verify my and my spouse's visa for Canada, where we were coming from Dubai.
1) They questioned me and my wife that how did I got my VISA so fast. He checked our passport more than 15 times to verify.
2) He asked me all the procedure and details. I tried to show all doc but he was not ready to see that.
3) Finally he found that I have sent my PP to London via courier, which all people from GCC are doing. So he caught me on that. I cannot do this, this is crime.
4) He blamed that my spouse PP has some mishandling(which was not true)

Finally his senior officer had also checked our PP and warned us that we must not send our PP like this other wise they may take action.

So guys this may not happen to you but be aware of this kind of incident in India..

regards,

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Thanks for sharing this.

IO at Indian ports do not have any rights to hold for things they are not connected.
It is only to make some money & harass people.
We can get visa from any part of the world to any country.
It is our right and decision of the country we are applying for.
The rule in India says it is crime to send and receive passports in & out of India, not in other places.

Take care.

mycan

arjignesh said:
Hello all,

I want to inform people, who are coming India after getting Visa from Dubai..I had very bad experience on Mumbai airport.
At the Immigration counter Officer retained me and my spouse for more than 30 mins just to verify my and my spouse's visa for Canada, where we were coming from Dubai.
1) They questioned me and my wife that how did I got my VISA so fast. He checked our passport more than 15 times to verify.
2) He asked me all the procedure and details. I tried to show all doc but he was not ready to see that.
3) Finally he found that I have sent my PP to London via courier, which all people from GCC are doing. So he caught me on that. I cannot do this, this is crime.

Finally his senior officer had also checked our PP and warned us that we must not send our PP like this other wise they may take action.

So guys this may not happen to you but be aware of this kind of incident in India..

regards,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
arjignesh said:
Hello all,

regards,
Thanks for the infoshare Jignesh.

Some immigration officials [of certain nations] r noteworthy of their corruptibility. And all those unnecessary hassles they induct us r plain 'greasing-their-palms' tactics. That said, many have travelled thru India as well b4 flying to Canada... and most do not get into that situation. I've travelled many times thru Bombay, from Canada, never had a guy Xquestioning me - given the fact that my spouse is not an Indian too.

Yes, Indian pps cannot be mailed/couriered -- but that's more of an Indian border control measure... they have no locus standi on the same being applied overseas. If a country from which we sent it thru courier accepts it [including the destination country] - we r on solid grounds... haven't done anything wrong. We shouldn't gulp their intimidation tactic and rather retort. I'd complain that IO@Bombay to the Commissioner of Immigration, Customs & Excise.

Qorax

EDIT: Correctly opined by MyCan too.

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2011 (PP Submitted on 13/10 received on 20/10)
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
arjignesh said:
Hello all,

regards,
Hi Jignesh
Thanks for sharing the info and sorry to hear you had a tough time.
As mycan and Qorax rightly said this is just another way of crooked IOs to grab our hard earned money
But this experience of yours would help other to be prepared and tackle them properly.
Rgds
Soby

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Master Qorax,
Thank you for making things crystel clear.
I am travelling to Toronto via Bengaluru in a couple of weeks.
I got a fair idea from your post how to handle if such situation arises and where to complain as we are on right grounds.
mycan

qorax said:
Thanks for the infoshare Jignesh.

Some immigration officials [of certain nations] r noteworthy of their corruptibility. And all those unnecessary hassles they induct us r plain 'greasing-their-palms' tactics. That said, many have travelled thru India as well b4 flying to Canada... and most do not get into that situation. I've travelled many times thru Bombay, from Canada, never had a guy Xquestioning me - given the fact that my spouse is not an Indian too.

Yes, Indian pps cannot be mailed/couriered -- but that's more of an Indian border control measure... they have no locus standi on the same being applied overseas. If a country from which we sent it thru courier accepts it [including the destination country] - we r on solid grounds... haven't done anything wrong. We shouldn't gulp their intimidation tactic and rather retort. I'd complain that IO @ Bombay to the Commissioner of Immigration, Customs & Excise.

Qorax

EDIT: Correctly opined by MyCan too.

IGOROT76

Jan 18, 2012
Hi Everybody,

I am glad that i found this forum, i know somebody could help me!

Its been a year already that my application as Live in caregiver was received by the Abu Dhabi CIC and yet till today i dont know what's going on with my application, really clueless! They mentioned in thier acknowledgement receipt that processing time is 12 to 14 months, so does it mean that i have to wait till March 2012 before i could follow-up it? Please i need your advise what to do?

Regards,

Igorot