+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does receiving AOR mean that we passed the eligibility ?

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;D Well I have answered his second question and what subject line says.

I do not have answer on how one can wait and how to help some one while waiting, yah but I will sure give great company to someone with great ideas and discuss while waiting and sipping cold beer :p 8)

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
suvan said:
But isn't that what eligible means, If you look up the word eligible in the dictionary doesn't it mean exactly that! As I mentioned this can get pretty technical. He's eligible because he has

1: fulfiled at least 12 months of work experience
2: submitted reference (or reference letters)
3: submitted all applicable IMM forms
etc etc

If the visor officer said no to any of these then he WOULD NOT be eligible.

But again let's not get excited about what the word eligible means, eligible doesn't mean that his proofs are 100 authentic (not saying that's the case)

Maybe you're getting confused with authentication and eligibility, eligibility really doesn't mean anything, even though there are people out there who risk it and don't even get that fare
suvan,

AOR does not imply eligiblity. Take a look at the forum. You'll see stories of people who applied with less than one year that still got the AOR (and later on got rejected), stories of people who had one year of self-employed work experience (which does not count for the purposes of CEC) and still got the AOR (and later on got rejected) etc.

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
I have seen the opposite and applicants getting refused because at time of AOR didn't get it because they didn't have twelve months.

What I have seen are applicants who have on paper looked like they have 12 months experience but later through out the process when investigating into the authenticity of the application, being refused because of miscalculations made by the applicant or just plan out lying. We will have to agree to disagree my friend

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
Hopefully this will help to clear up the confusion, it really isn't that complicated: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t129428.0.html

Also, see here an example of someone who received the AOR even though he was not eligible (based on the language criteria), and then got promptly rejected: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t146643.0.html

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
copy and pasted form CIC WEBSITE, IT SAYS DETERMINE YOUR ELEGIBILITY

Determine your eligibility-Canadian Experience Class

You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:
•plan to live outside the province of Quebec
•have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
•have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
•meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).

Skilled work experience

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
•Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
•Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
•Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.

To find out which group your job falls under, see the list of jobs and their NOC groups. Follow the steps to find the NOC group that matches your job.

If the details and list of main duties for a job under NOC skill types 0, A or B match what you did while you worked in Canada, your job is likely in that group. If it does not, look at the list to see if another job matches your experience.

If your existing work permit is about to expire you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. Bridging open work permits allow qualified applicants to keep working while they await a final decision on their permanent residence application.

Principal applicant

If you are married or live with a common-law partner in Canada, and that person also meets the above conditions, you can decide which one of you will apply under the CEC as a principal applicant.

A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

If you are not sure if you should apply under the CEC, try the Come to Canada Wizard to find out if you would be eligible.

Language

You must meet the minimum language requirements for your job. You must also include the results of a language test (from an agency designated by CIC) that shows you meet them when you apply.

Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply.

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
hi suvan,

exactly. Think of it this way. There are two steps: 1) CIC assesses if your application is complete - all documents signed etc. If it is, they send you an acknowledgment of receipt (AOR). An AOR is just that. An officer hasn't really assessed whether you meet the eligibility criteria or not. He's just assessing if your application package is complete; 2) If it is complete, your application is analysed by an officer to see if it matches the eligiblity criteria. Anyways, I'm done for the night. Hope this helps!

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
Thank you online and i will send gcms in august to see how things are going.

you all have a goodnight

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Holly Molly

If I’m going to read something which says Determine your eligibility

And I answer all the questions ‘yes’, then my brain naturally responds "well I am eligible then"

Is this so hard to understand?

I know what headers are on the GCSMS notes but I’m just reading this in the plan English it’s in

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AOR = it only means that the documents that you have submitted for your PR application has been received and are complete in terms of information received "Acknowledgement of Receipt" = AOR = plain and simple!

Then there is this very long wait for the process to complete.

Hope that this helps.

Miranja

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
11-02-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-04-2014
maza said:
Hello

I submitted my application this last week... I am finding it difficult to handle waiting... Anyone has any advices for managing of our thoughts during the waiting?
Second question is that Does receiving the AOR mean one has already passed the eligibility criteria test and he only need to wait for criminal,background and medical clearance?

Thanks a lot guys
No it means, receiving AOR means, we complete the application package and submit all requirements and supported document which is CIC request.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
suvan said:
If I'm going to read something which says Determine your eligibility
And I answer all the questions ‘yes', then my brain naturally responds "well I am eligible then"
Is this so hard to understand?
Agree with ondine! I really dont get the confusion here! Its very simple - AOR is a completeness check to ensure you have included all required documents; Eligibility assessment follows afterwards and is the stage at which they determine whether you fulfill the employment criteria; Then you have MR and Security. AOR is nothing more than an acknowledgment that your application has been received and is complete...not that it has been assessed for eligibility.

App received - AOR ... 35 to 60 days
AOR - MR ... 235 days (average)
MR - RPRF/PPR ... 14 to 60 days

These are just some trends to give you an idea. Have some patience guys! The standard published by CIC is 13 months...which is the time within which ~80% of cases are completed.

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
CEC2013 said:
Agree with suvan! I really dont get the confusion here! Its very simple - AOR is a completeness check to ensure you have included all required documents; Eligibility assessment follows afterwards and is the stage at which they determine whether you fulfill the employment criteria; Then you have MR and Security. AOR is nothing more than an acknowledgment that your application has been received and is complete...not that it has been assessed for eligibility.

App received - AOR ... 35 to 60 days
AOR - MR ... 235 days (average)
MR - RPRF/PPR ... 14 to 60 days

These are just some trends to give you an idea. Have some patience guys! The standard published by CIC is 13 months...which is the time within which ~80% of cases are completed.
Yep, the source of confusion was that suvan, along with someone else, was saying that AOR did imply eligibility (i.e. The exact opposite of what you understood him say). Myself and others tried to correct them, saying that AOR does not imply eligibility.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
ondine said:
Yep, the source of confusion was that suvan, along with someone else, was saying that AOR did imply eligibility (i.e. The exact opposite of what you understood him say). Myself and others tried to correct them, saying that AOR does not imply eligibility.
LOL

My bad! I quoted the wrong text...but, yea, my point was the one you were making.

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Apologies friends

Yes it does sound from the long and short of it I am wrong!, there is the eligibility check after the AOR.

But you can understand how someone could get confused. When it states the eligibility points on the check list one could think that if in their mind they answered yes to all the questions then they would answer "well I'm eligible then". But the true eligibility comes after, I understand

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Everyone makes mistakes. Thats why we have this forum...to help each other understand. Good luck to all! :)