+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP eligibility requirements - please read.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Jake... I believe the question u have asked shell about bowp just now has been answered by all of us on ur other posts about bowp.. ur making me laugh Jake ... shell must've got his bowp cos he applied the regular way

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Winterfox said:
Jake... I believe the question u have asked shell about bowp just now has been answered by all of us on ur other posts about bowp.. ur making me laugh Jake ... shell must've got his bowp cos he applied the regular way
jake21 said:
Hi Shells,
I have recently been unemployed and have a work permit until Sept 2014 which is bound by my ex-employer.

I will be applying for PR latest by next month, is there not even a possibility that I can get an OPEN WORK PERMIT before hand. So that I can start working right away without having to undergo any obstacles?

Since, you have mentioned that you have received your BOWP.

Please advice.
I stand by scylla and everyone else's answer, you will only be eligible to apply in May 2014. It's clearly stated on their bulletin, that you can apply only within 4 months of the WP expiring.

If you want to take a $150 gamble, then by all means go ahead. It's your own money, your own decision, we can't stop you. But if you don't get it, don't turn around and say we never warned you. If you do end up getting it, against all odds, then it's $150 well spent. You can prove us that we are wrong. If you don't get it, you merely lose that $150 (I hope you realize that just because they never approved you for BOWP doesn't mean they will refund you, especially if they already spent considerable amount of time and manpower on it).

PS. Btw, Winter fox, I'm a "she", not a "he". :p

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Awww shells so ur "she" yea...I shall keep special interest in reading ur posts from now on ;) winky wink

Yea Jake ... I have already sent my bowp last week and im totally willing to take a chance to lose that $150. Then on the other hand.. I don't have much options either ...
So if u want to go ahead and apply then do so..

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Hahaha, you are funny, winter fox.

Jake, good luck to you if you decide to try. And let us know too if you get it. I'd be very curious.

Winterfox said:
Awww shells so ur "she" yea...I shall keep special interest in reading ur posts from now on ;) winky wink

Yea Jake ... I have already sent my bowp last week and im totally willing to take a chance to lose that $150. Then on the other hand.. I don't have much options either ...

raun110

Jul 1, 2013
Winterfox said:

Hello WInterfox or Jake did anyone of u got BOWP???? I am in same situation as you....so pls any update would help... thanks

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Hey man.. happy Canada day.
Well yes I did get my bowp inspite of me not passing any of the eligibility criteria for bowp.
I wrote a nice cover letter explaining my case and had applied for bowp on April 22.. got it on may 27.
God save the queen and thanks to the immigration officer.
Shells (the only female me member commenting in this post) how r ya..
Jake 21. (Isn't here nomore?

SINGHQ0G

Star Member
May 14, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Changed to In Process on Feb 07 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
19-02-2014
hi,

Can you please share the format of the letter that you wrote to visa officer. I am in same situation. This would be really helpful for all of us.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Dude
There is no format. U gotta put down ur issues on a simple word document and explain it.

nandoU

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
So if you had a work permit expiring in a year....do you think they will grant a BOWP to someone whose permit will expire in 5 months instead of 4?, did you mentioned you were unemployed?