+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Yes I already checked with this tool. However when it comes to actual Wes evaluation it may considered as pgdm, because it's a online MBA even though Indian business schools MBA's are considering Wes as two or more degree.If anyone gone through the same situation, kindly share experience.
I'm already have a pgdm from another University. I'm opting Upgrad only for improving 7points in crs.
Kindly reply.
Thanks in advance.
You may have to wait a long time to confirm that because the MBA program started quite recently I believe. As for actual WES evaluation, AFAIK there's nothing in the degree that indicates that it was online and ideally will have the same credits as the on-campus MBA but @upGrad can confirm that.

Sep 30, 2020
You may have to wait a long time to confirm that because the MBA program started quite recently I believe. As for actual WES evaluation, AFAIK there's nothing in the degree that indicates that it was online and ideally will have the same credits as the on-campus MBA but @upGrad can confirm that.
Ok thanks for you valuable time and reply

Sep 30, 2020
I didn't started my mba program yet, I'm on research for good MBA program which actually help me to score 7ponits in crs score.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
I didn't started my mba program yet, I'm on research for good MBA program which actually help me to score 7ponits in crs score.
I'm not following. Do you have any degree after Masters? If not, an MBA can give you 39 points and not just 7 points.

Mistabaaz_7

Oct 8, 2020
Hey guys, I wanted to confirm to you all that I did get my WES evaluation for PGD ML&AI with Canadian equivalence of 1 year PGD and was able to add 32 points on my CRS profile (yay!). Here is some information that should be helpful to you.
  1. Here is my evaluation - WES report.

2. The process for WES from IIIT-B is the best I've experienced so far. After you get your PGD result, make an online payment to IIIT-B (Rs 1000 currently) and then email them with payment confirmation and your WES ID. They will upload your transcript and your degree directly to the WES portal within a week and you will instantly get confirmation from WES about the upload.

It then took WES ~ 2 weeks to give me the evaluation (remember to nudge WES by submitting the contact form on their site). Of course, I already had a WES evaluation for my Bachelors so that may have contributed to the speed but I believe in large parts it has to do with the fact that IIIT-B is directly uploading the transcript to WES so they know it's legit from day one.

3. I've heard that the credits for PGD Data Science have been dropped to ~24 credits for recent batches. Upgrad can confirm to you but keep in mind that this "might" put your WES evaluation at risk. That's because PGD in India is typically for 32 credits and anything less might give you a <1 year PGD evaluation which means you can't claim points in your CRS profile.

If this is accurate, then PGD ML&AI is a safe bet as it is a 36 credit program.

Good luck guys!
Hi!
Wanted to ask about what would be a quicker and easier path to PR for me...

I started my PG diploma from JUNE 2020 and will finish my LJMU masters by December 2021

I can either get the Pg diploma verified after June (probably taking 3 months)
BUT in case if I don’t clear the CRS score , and if I complete my masters by December 2021 to add masters points , how long would the pr process take? I read in this string that it takes more months to get the LJMU degree and transcript verified by WES ? Could I get PR by summer 2022?

thing is I can get CLB LEVEL 9 In IELTS and I will have 3 years of work exp, but I think PGD will not clear the 470s CRS score and I am not at all gonna clear a TEF French exam
Thanks

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Yes I already checked with this tool. However when it comes to actual Wes evaluation it may considered as pgdm, because it's a online MBA even though Indian business schools MBA's are considering Wes as two or more degree.If anyone gone through the same situation, kindly share experience.
I'm already have a pgdm from another University. I'm opting Upgrad only for improving 7points in crs.
Kindly reply.
Thanks in advance.
A friend of mine has the same query. Upgrad is offering this MBA with Liverpool. Not sure if WES acknowledging it because of Upgrad providing it online. If you get any information please share here. Will help a lot.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi!
Wanted to ask about what would be a quicker and easier path to PR for me...

I started my PG diploma from JUNE 2020 and will finish my LJMU masters by December 2021

I can either get the Pg diploma verified after June (probably taking 3 months)
BUT in case if I don’t clear the CRS score , and if I complete my masters by December 2021 to add masters points , how long would the pr process take? I read in this string that it takes more months to get the LJMU degree and transcript verified by WES ? Could I get PR by summer 2022?

thing is I can get CLB LEVEL 9 In IELTS and I will have 3 years of work exp, but I think PGD will not clear the 470s CRS score and I am not at all gonna clear a TEF French exam
Thanks
Hi @Mistabaaz_7 . Here's my recommendation:
  1. Get your WES process done for Bachelors ahead of time, this take take several months

2. Find time to do IELTS in the middle of PGD in one of the break weeks. Maybe try to complete some module a bit earlier so that you have more time to prepare for IELTS. Write a computer-based test to maximize your score. This test will give you a good sense of where you stand and whether you need to re-write. I'm pretty sure you'll get to CLB 10.

3. Once your PGD is completed, update your WES ECA. It should be done by mid-August 2021 factoring in time taken for exam results, transcript etc. It'll be this quick only if your Bachelor's ECA is already completed. Of course, the downside is that you'll have to pay WES for Bachelors and later for PGD separately.

4. By end of June 2021, assess the following
    a) What's the cut-off for PR at that time. If you're certain you can crack it, then forget about MS. If not, continue with MS.
    b) Are you still interested in doing MS? Maybe the cut-offs are within reach but you may still want to do research. This is totally your call but what I can tell you is that after 12 months of studying and if you've done it right, you should be exhausted by then.
In summary, it's too early for you to determine whether you should and/or want to do MS. Focus on points 1-3 above and make a decision for MS at the end of PGD.

Reactions: Mistabaaz_7
Oct 19, 2020
Oct 19, 2020
Hi everyone, thank you for keeping this thread alive and for all your answers.. it is very informative.

My query is that I am a CRS 438 with IELTS, W-7, R-9, S-8, L-8.5, age 27, and have a 3 year graduation degree. I was planning to do a one year masters course in order to increase my points...also have the analytics work background. I wanted to ask would this help me enhance my scores?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, thank you for keeping this thread alive and for all your answers.. it is very informative.

My query is that I am a CRS 438 with IELTS, W-7, R-9, S-8, L-8.5, age 27, and have a 3 year graduation degree. I was planning to do a one year masters course in order to increase my points...also have the analytics work background. I wanted to ask would this help me enhance my scores?
You're in a great spot actually. The PGD will give you 32 more points and that puts you at 470 assuming you don't lose points on account of age. Also, pushing up your IELTS writing score from 7 to 7.5 will get you an extra 3 points (I've done the same thing). At 473, it's just a matter of time before you get an invite. Happy to discuss more on LinkedIn.

patelkd95

Sep 8, 2020
Hey guys, I wanted to confirm to you all that I did get my WES evaluation for PGD ML&AI with Canadian equivalence of 1 year PGD and was able to add 32 points on my CRS profile (yay!). Here is some information that should be helpful to you.
  1. Here is my evaluation - WES report.

2. The process for WES from IIIT-B is the best I've experienced so far. After you get your PGD result, make an online payment to IIIT-B (Rs 1000 currently) and then email them with payment confirmation and your WES ID. They will upload your transcript and your degree directly to the WES portal within a week and you will instantly get confirmation from WES about the upload.

It then took WES ~ 2 weeks to give me the evaluation (remember to nudge WES by submitting the contact form on their site). Of course, I already had a WES evaluation for my Bachelors so that may have contributed to the speed but I believe in large parts it has to do with the fact that IIIT-B is directly uploading the transcript to WES so they know it's legit from day one.

3. I've heard that the credits for PGD Data Science have been dropped to ~24 credits for recent batches. Upgrad can confirm to you but keep in mind that this "might" put your WES evaluation at risk. That's because PGD in India is typically for 32 credits and anything less might give you a <1 year PGD evaluation which means you can't claim points in your CRS profile.

If this is accurate, then PGD ML&AI is a safe bet as it is a 36 credit program.

Good luck guys!
So..in express entry profile did you mentione it as a Full Time or Part Time ?? As ircc has mentioned that for full time student should be in class at least 15 hours per week

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
So..in express entry profile did you mentione it as a Full Time or Part Time ?? As ircc has mentioned that for full time student should be in class at least 15 hours per week
I went with full time because I spent well over 20 hours per week studying, doing projects and assignments etc.

Reactions: DesiPikachu