+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does linking your paper application help?

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
shahidparwez said:
Linking paper application to your MyCIC account definitely help. Because in this way we can get updates about status change at regular intervals. I have applied for student permit on 2nd may 2016. Yesterday have received an email that mycic account has been updated. Therefore I believe it helps.
Thanks for informing me!

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
shahidparwez said:
Linking paper application to your MyCIC account definitely help. Because in this way we can get updates about status change at regular intervals. I have applied for student permit on 2nd may 2016. Yesterday have received an email that mycic account has been updated. Therefore I believe it helps.
Good to know that. I have also applied on 2nd . But there is no change. So when you log in to mycic what change did you see on the first step?

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Guys I am unable to link my application I tried 10 times now.. it keeps saying no applications found. Does anyone know why??

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I linked my paper application online, I had my UCI and IME number (when they forwarded me the medical request), I entered those, and I got the online application. It certainly does help, you will get to know the outcome of your application as soon as they update it. I was in a suspense, when they just dispatched my passport and did not sent an approval mail, I linked the online application, and I found out the decision to be visa approved.

canadalhr

Star Member
May 30, 2016
zuif said:
I linked my paper application online, I had my UCI and IME number (when they forwarded me the medical request), I entered those, and I got the online application. It certainly does help, you will get to know the outcome of your application as soon as they update it. I was in a suspense, when they just dispatched my passport and did not sent an approval mail, I linked the online application, and I found out the decision to be visa approved.
Hi bro. Do you have any idea when do they update medical details for upfront medical.
Also, when did you get a call for medical?

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
zuif said:
Thanks for replying back. In my case this is my first time applying for a visa so I don't have a UCI. And when I chose the option to link my application by First and Last name and DOB, it says no applications found. Do you know why?

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Do not enter your place and country of birth there, it will search your application then.

jas2015

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug, 2016
Doc's Request.
sent, 02 oct,2016
Nomination.....
04 oct, 2016
zuif said:
Hi Zuif
I applied 10 may in paper application for grad program at MUN , but i want to link it to online, I am trying to do it but con't, Would you please kindly help me how to do it.

jasmeen

affif

May 6, 2016
was there any update ? because i also receive this update email but when i checked there were no updates. i applied online

zuif

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I am not sure how to link if you don't have your IME and UCI number, I happen to get those when they sent me a medical request (I did not sent any upfront medical). I just entered those two numbers, and my student ID of the university, and it got linked.
Maybe try other options like Name, DOB etc. All applications can be linked, just enter your specific details.

KB3

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
I have linked my profile. I applied on 23 may, I linked today. It shows that my application is submitted today ie. 3 june... and mode of submission is online. :/

Also, it is written on website
When your application is linked to your account, you will no longer receive messages by mail. We will contact you through your account.
this is weird.... ???

also it shows "Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

So was it worth to link? will I get more detail status then I would get in email? any experiences?

canadalhr

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Wait bro. Check it after 12 hours. It would be updated and no worries on application submission date and online status. It ccomes like this ever time