+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IRCC process paper based application?

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
Me too I request GCMS notes two days ago to see. However, study will begin in first of September

I don't know what to do
I already deferred to January 2021 to be safe. I haven't received AIP yet too. I'm hoping for some good news when I get my GCMS.

I really hope the same for you too!!!

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I already deferred to January 2021 to be safe. I haven't received AIP yet too. I'm hoping for some good news when I get my GCMS.

I really hope the same for you too!!!
Thank you
I am thinking to go to another country
I have MSc from UK

Let's see, I will wait until September

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Did you get correspondence biometric letter???

Yes I saw someone he said his application paper and got AIP

I sent webform to the embassy to confirm that... that really rubbish just ignore paper application that submitted prior 18/3/2020
No I didn't get my correspondence biometric letter since I did my biometrics on the same day that I submitted my application.

Did you get a medical request or did you submit an upfront medical?
Exactly I sent numerous webforms and always received the generic "your application is being processed blah blah blah..."

It's really upsetting. Exactly those of us that submitted prior to 18/3/2020 should be exempt from the hold restriction
Your reply makes a lot of sense.
Your reply makes a lot of sense.
Thanks. Just a theory I have because IRCC is very vague about paper applications.

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
No I didn't get my correspondence biometric letter since I did my biometrics on the same day that I submitted my application.

Did you get a medical request or did you submit an upfront medical?
Exactly I sent numerous webforms and always received the generic "your application is being processed blah blah blah..."

It's really upsetting. Exactly those of us that submitted prior to 18/3/2020 should be exempt from the hold restriction

Thanks. Just a theory I have because IRCC is very vague about paper applications.
I did upfront medical but it hasn't updated
Me too always the same answer.

What do you think will happen then ???
This is silly they just put us on hold???

In your opinion do you think we will get AIP before September or not??

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I did upfront medical but it hasn't updated
Me too always the same answer.

What do you think will happen then ???
This is silly they just put us on hold???

In your opinion do you think we will get AIP before September or not??
Damn man, you should probably send a webform to the commission processing your file with your e-medical slip attached asking them to update your medical record.

I know right on hold for no valid reason?!?!

In my opinion, the optimistic side of me says we will get AIP before September. However, the realistic side of me says that most likely we won't get AIPs because IRCC has already too much backlogs from thousands of applicants. Since they are prioritizing online applicants, us paper applicants will have to take a back seat.

There's only 4 weeks before the September 15th 2020 deadline for distribution of AIPs and the timeframe is just too short.

Most likely, us paper- applicants should expect an email from the visa officer processing your application requesting for your updated, deferred letter of acceptance; meaning we'll all have to defer to either Winter 2021 or later.

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Damn man, you should probably send a webform to the commission processing your file with your e-medical slip attached asking them to update your medical record.

In my opinion, the optimistic side of me says we will get AIP before September. However, the realistic side of me says that most likely we won't get AIPs because IRCC has already too much backlogs from thousands of applicants. Since they are prioritizing online applicants, us paper applicants will have to take a back seat.

There's only 4 weeks before the September 15th 2020 deadline for distribution of AIPs and the timeframe is just too short.

Most likely, us paper- applicants should expect an email from the visa officer processing your application requesting for your updated, deferred letter of acceptance; meaning we'll all have to defer to either Winter 2021 or later.
Good note I will send my medical through webform. Thank you

What will happen if I begin my phd study while I have no answers from visa office??? ??? What about this scenario??

After 6 months then they asking for defer really it will be joke!!!! Directly I will withdraw my application I am not treating like that while I applied in early time.

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020

I have question
I request GCMS notes.
If the GCMS notes say something positive.. and a candidate begin his online classes ... then visa officer asks for defer?????
What will happen in this case

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Good note I will send my medical through webform. Thank you

What will happen if I begin my phd study while I have no answers from visa office??? ??? What about this scenario??

After 6 months then they asking for defer really it will be joke!!!! Directly I will withdraw my application I am not treating like that while I applied in early time.
You're welcome. You should definitely send it.

In such a scenario, I believe starting your PHD studies without an AIP or even a confirmation that your medical request was passed is quite risky. Even with an AIP, there is no guarantee that after starting your course from our home country and paying tuition fees from your university that your visa will finally be approved. At this point, it would be virtually impossible to even ask for a refund from your university so it would be at your own risk.

I know right!!! Having sleepless nights waiting for 6 months only to ask for a deferral is insane. Unfortunately everything is at the discretion of the visa officer handling our applications.

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I have question
I request GCMS notes.
If the GCMS notes say something positive.. and a candidate begin his online classes ... then visa officer asks for defer?????
Sure man, no problem.
If after ordering the GCMS note, an applicant observed any of this information in the visa officer's assessment - Review Required (RR), Recommended passed (RP), Recommended Interview (RI), then it is highly likely that the visa officer has concerns about the credibility of the application and may likely refuse the application.

However, if it says something like
declared the ELIGIBILITY as PASSED, with this information on file, they are 99.9% sure of getting an approval.

In this scenario, the applicant can go ahead and begin classes online. Even if the visa officer requests a deferral, the applicant can send it by webform and once inside Canada they can later request and submit an application for a visa extension since the course will take longer to complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: moha87a

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I have question
I request GCMS notes.
By the way I also requested my GCMS notes 2 weeks ago. Still waiting to receive them. Good luck on your GCMS notes man!! Let me know the outcome so that we can compare notes!! Hopefully us papers applicants will finally receive some good news.

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Sure man, no problem.
If after ordering the GCMS note, an applicant observed any of this information in the visa officer's assessment - Review Required (RR), Recommended passed (RP), Recommended Interview (RI), then it is highly likely that the visa officer has concerns about the credibility of the application and may likely refuse the application.

However, if it says something like
declared the ELIGIBILITY as PASSED, with this information on file, they are 99.9% sure of getting an approval.

In this scenario, the applicant can go ahead and begin classes online. Even if the visa officer requests a deferral, the applicant can send it by webform and once inside Canada they can later request and submit an application for a visa extension since the course will take longer to complete.
Good
Can I know where did you apply
I am from Iraq processing in Jordan- Amman

Nikhil17

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I applied on the 16th of March and linked my paper application to the GC key. I kept checking the account every day for some sort of update but nope. Stopped checking it since May. Around the end of July, I simply logged in and it said "Medical passed- June 11th", and the eligibility and background review had already begun. I had no clue.

But since then its been very silent, apart from a ghost update that I managed to find a couple of days ago.

It is sad that students who have submitted full applications (paper based) 5-6 months ago aren't given any priority or even any updates about their application. Students who have applied in recent months are getting their AIP's almost instantly, and I'm definitely happy for them, but the IRCC shouldn't be neglecting the older applications.

Reactions: arkylz

Athul94

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
I applied on the 16th of March and linked my paper application to the GC key. I kept checking the account every day for some sort of update but nope. Stopped checking it since May. Around the end of July, I simply logged in and it said "Medical passed- June 11th", and the eligibility and background review had already begun. I had no clue.

But since then its been very silent, apart from a ghost update that I managed to find a couple of days ago.

It is sad that students who have submitted full applications (paper based) 5-6 months ago aren't given any priority or even any updates about their application. Students who have applied in recent months are getting their AIP's almost instantly, and I'm definitely happy for them, but the IRCC shouldn't be neglecting the older applications.
Almost same scenario. Applied on March 12th . Eligibility review started june 10. Since then nothing. Also applied offline