+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IRCC process paper based application?

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I applied on the 16th of March and linked my paper application to the GC key. I kept checking the account every day for some sort of update but nope. Stopped checking it since May. Around the end of July, I simply logged in and it said "Medical passed- June 11th", and the eligibility and background review had already begun. I had no clue.

But since then its been very silent, apart from a ghost update that I managed to find a couple of days ago.

It is sad that students who have submitted full applications (paper based) 5-6 months ago aren't given any priority or even any updates about their application. Students who have applied in recent months are getting their AIP's almost instantly, and I'm definitely happy for them, but the IRCC shouldn't be neglecting the older applications.
You might want to consider ordering for your GCMS notes to get further details.

Reactions: Nikhil17

Mdurra

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
I applied from Brazil on January 3rd.
paper based application.
Background and Eligibility review have started on March.
No updates since.
Unfortunately, only on my WhatsApp group has 16 familys with pape based applications applied before lockdown waiting.
It is absolutely sad what IRCC is doing.
Many persons that have applied on Jun/Jul are receiving AIP here in Brazil. And we, that have complete applications, are forgotten.

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I applied from Brazil on January 3rd.
paper based application.
Background and Eligibility review have started on March.
No updates since.
Unfortunately, only on my WhatsApp group has 16 familys with pape based applications applied before lockdown waiting.
It is absolutely sad what IRCC is doing.
Many persons that have applied on Jun/Jul are receiving AIP here in Brazil. And we, that have complete applications, are forgotten.
Totally unfair
They must at least say we can't processing paper applications and return them so we can apply online...
It's not our responsibility their chaos management

Reactions: Mdurra

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
So Guys what is your plan ?

Really for me I can't decide what to do
I am sponsored my university sponsor my PhD study and 1 of september I have to start my study otherwise I will be in administrate problem.
I'm planning to defer to winter 2021 even if my GCMS notes return positive results because doing my course online from my home country has too many disadvantages. Your situation is quite complicated, you'll have to weigh your pros and cons.

Last edited:

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I'm planning to defer to winter 2021 unless even if my GCMS notes return positive results because doing my course online from my home country has too many disadvantages. Your situation is quite complicated, you'll have to weigh your pros and cons.
The problem today university of alberta asks me to decide defer or begin online classes???

Yes, indeed mine is very complicated

Thank you

Reactions: Just_J

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Same here.
Paper Application: January 23
Medical passed : 5 February
Biometrics Correspondence: April 17

After that nothing
Yeah man it's truly unfortunate and very frustrating

Try ordering for your GCMS notes. The link is above on this thread..

Adri21

Aug 19, 2020
I had applied paper and yesterday I received the AIP.
Applied in 25 february and on 18 of august my reviewing of eligibility starts and 3 days later I got my AIP.
So I believe they are processing application through paper