+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IRCC process paper based application?

bakr_emara

Aug 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I want to know does IRCC continue processing paper based study permit applied before the Corona situation? has anyone got his eligibility reviewing started?.

Please reply if you are sure from your answer

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Hello
I have applied since February complete paper application.
I have the same concern.

What about you when did you apply??

bakr_emara

Aug 13, 2020
Hello
I have applied since February complete paper application.
I have the same concern.

What about you when did you apply??
I applied 4th of march and didn't get any update till now.
I believe that paper applications is on hold so i want anyone to confirm.

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I applied 4th of march and didn't get any update till now.
I believe that paper applications is on hold so i want anyone to confirm.
That really illogical, we applied since around 6 months NO reasons to put papers application on hold.

I contacted the embassy they answered in 30 July they said mine under processing so I don't know if something has changed.

bakr_emara

Aug 13, 2020
That really illogical, we applied since around 6 months NO reasons to put papers application on hold.

I contacted the embassy they answered in 30 July they said mine under processing so I don't know if something has changed.
Where have you applied?
Did you link your application online to see the updates?
I have linked mine since march and it still saying your application is under processing but the eligibility review hasn't started yet

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Where have you applied?
I have linked mine since march and it still saying your application is under processing but the eligibility review hasn't started yet
I am from Iraq.. application processing in Jordan
Applied in February
Yes I linked my application in end of march
It's under processing and eligibility reviewing and background checking start

The medical not updated although I did upfront???

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Where have you applied?
Did you get correspondence biometric letter????
I got mine in April

Then NO update

bakr_emara

Aug 13, 2020
Did you get correspondence biometric letter????
I got mine in April

Then NO update
I didn't get correspondence letter for biometric as i already did the biometric the day i applied.

when did you get eligibility reviewing and background checking start? or is it like this since you linked your application?

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hey,

I'm in the same situation with both of you. Submitted my paper application since February 2020. Linked my application online in March 2020. Since I linked it, it has been saying review of eligibility and background check is under process.

I heard that paper-based applications are on hold until the commission processing your application is able to process them. However I found out from this forum that some Indian applicants that applied in March (paper route) have already received AIPs in early August.

However some friends of mine from Brazil, Nigeria and Kenya haven't gotten any updates yet.

So it probably depends on the country that is processing your application. IRCC hasn't been clear about paper applications submitted prior to the lockdown. If all paper- applications are on hold until further notice then why are some applications (i.e. Indian applications for instance) receiving updates while the rest of the world is on standstill?

Reactions: bakr_emara

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I didn't get correspondence letter for biometric as i already did the biometric the day i applied.

when did you get eligibility reviewing and background checking start? or is it like this since you linked your application?
I am not sure I think its end of March or beginning of April.
As the correspondence biometric letter came 7 April

My account hasn't update medical and medical

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Hey,

I'm in the same situation with both of you. Submitted my paper application since February 2020. Linked my application online in March 2020. Since I linked it, it has been saying review of eligibility and background check is under process.

I heard that paper-based applications are on hold until the commission processing your application is able to process them. However I found out from this forum that some Indian applicants that applied in March (paper route) have already received AIPs in early August.

However some friends of mine from Brazil, Nigeria and Kenya haven't gotten any updates yet.

So it probably depends on the country that is processing your application. IRCC hasn't been clear about paper applications submitted prior to the lockdown. If all paper- applications are on hold until further notice then why are some applications (i.e. Indian applications for instance) receiving updates while the rest of the world is on standstill?
Did you get correspondence biometric letter???

Yes I saw someone he said his application paper and got AIP

I sent webform to the embassy to confirm that... that really rubbish just ignore paper application that submitted prior 18/3/2020

arkylz

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Philippines
App. Filed.......
06-03-2020
I applied paper based last March 5. The latest update was that I passed my medical last June 30 and they are reviewing my eligibility. No update about my biometrics. I did my biometrics the same day I applied.

Last week, I requested GCMS notes to know whats happening with my application :\

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I applied paper based last March 5. The latest update was that I passed my medical last June 30 and they are reviewing my eligibility. No update about my biometrics. I did my biometrics the same day I applied.

Last week, I requested GCMS notes to know whats happening with my application :\
Me too I request GCMS notes two days ago to see. However, study will begin in first of September

I don't know what to do

bakr_emara

Aug 13, 2020
Hey,

Your reply makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Just_J

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Did you get correspondence biometric letter???

Yes I saw someone he said his application paper and got AIP

I sent webform to the embassy to confirm that... that really rubbish just ignore paper application that submitted prior 18/3/2020
No I didn't get my correspondence biometric letter since I did my biometrics on the same day that I submitted my application.

Did you get a medical request or did you submit an upfront medical?
Exactly I sent numerous webforms and always received the generic "your application is being processed blah blah blah..."

It's really upsetting. Exactly those of us that submitted prior to 18/3/2020 should be exempt from the hold restriction..