+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Canada and South African share info?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I submitted the application exactly two months ago. Is it too late to withdraw and correct the error?
None of us can tell you that. Submit the correction and withdrawal request now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When did you apply for a TRV? If you applied a while ago and your file is under background/eligibility check, and the error is found before officer receives the webform, finds your charge during the check, then it may be too late. A webform takes weeks to process so will be in a queue until assigned to the correct officer.

Enibokun

Oct 27, 2022
When did you apply for a TRV? If you applied a while ago and your file is under background/eligibility check, and the error is found before officer receives the webform, finds your charge during the check, then it may be too late. A webform takes weeks to process so will be in a queue until assigned to the correct officer.
I applied September 1st, biometrics September 6th and current status says they’re processing my background check.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied September 1st, biometrics September 6th and current status says they’re processing my background check.
Have you submitted a web form yet?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No I have not, I have drafted it and I am gathering documents to include
You really need to submit asap. I would do it now even if you don't have all of the documentation. You can always follow up with documents. A day can literally make a difference here in whether the PR application is impacted or not.

Enibokun

Oct 27, 2022
A moment ago
Happy holidays,
It’s been two months since I applied for withdrawal of my visitors visa application and was told my request has been added on file and forwarded to the office in charge. The status on my application still shows “submitted “ and I have not recieved firyher correspondence since then. My partner is about to apply for a LMIA-exempt work permit via the work permit support letter he got from BCPNP and he wants to include me in the application . Would this affect me if I go ahead to apply for an open spousal work permit right now ? Do I need to wait till the status changes to “Withdrawn” before applying ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
A moment ago
Happy holidays,
It’s been two months since I applied for withdrawal of my visitors visa application and was told my request has been added on file and forwarded to the office in charge. The status on my application still shows “submitted “ and I have not recieved firyher correspondence since then. My partner is about to apply for a LMIA-exempt work permit via the work permit support letter he got from BCPNP and he wants to include me in the application . Would this affect me if I go ahead to apply for an open spousal work permit right now ? Do I need to wait till the status changes to “Withdrawn” before applying ?
You can submit another application, you dont need to wait until withdraw status of your visitor's visa application is complete. You can also be upfront about another active application, and request to withdraw submitted, since gcms will cross reference them

Enibokun

Oct 27, 2022
You can submit another application, you dont need to wait until withdraw status of your visitor's visa application is complete. You can also be upfront about another active application, and request to withdraw submitted, since gcms will cross reference them
thank you so much

Enibokun

Oct 27, 2022
@moscatojuices @scylla It’s been two months since I applied for withdrawal of my visitors visa application and was told my request has been added on file and forwarded to the office in charge. The status on my application still shows “submitted “ and I have not recieved further correspondence since then. My partner is about to apply for a LMIA-exempt work permit via the work permit support letter he got from BCPNP and he wants to include me in the application . Would this affect me if I go ahead to apply for an open spousal work permit right now ? Do I need to wait till the status changes to “Withdrawn” before applying ?
Thoughts ?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
@moscatojuices @scylla It’s been two months since I applied for withdrawal of my visitors visa application and was told my request has been added on file and forwarded to the office in charge. The status on my application still shows “submitted “ and I have not recieved further correspondence since then. My partner is about to apply for a LMIA-exempt work permit via the work permit support letter he got from BCPNP and he wants to include me in the application . Would this affect me if I go ahead to apply for an open spousal work permit right now ? Do I need to wait till the status changes to “Withdrawn” before applying ?
Thoughts ?
I think this is a good thing - your correction of facts letter reached IRCC before an officer made a decision on your file. Now the critical thing is what decision will they make? We will need to wait to see.

Regarding your partner, is he currently on a valid work permit?

Enibokun

Oct 27, 2022
Yes, his work permit expires in May and he’s trying to reapply for a new one while including me in the application. Do I wait till I get confirmation of withdrawal ? Or can I go ahead to apply with that application still in process.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yes, his work permit expires in May and he’s trying to reapply for a new one while including me in the application. Do I wait till I get confirmation of withdrawal ? Or can I go ahead to apply with that application still in process.
If I were you I would wait for the decision on your visitor visa first. May is a long time away so he can afford to wait a few months. What I'm concerned about is how it impacts his application if you get a negative decision, it's a very tricky situation.

@scylla may have his own views.

Enibokun

Oct 27, 2022
Hi guys, so I’m in Canada already, been here since Apri l2023, I applied for a study permit to join my spouse but surprisingly the visit visa I already asked to be withdrawn for was also granted same day with the study permit. Talk about a double blessing! I decided to opt for the study route anyways. We also just got P1 for our PR application few days ago . Thanks guys!