+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does anybody have experience with UK VAC in London & actual processing times?

Bobojonjon

Jul 29, 2016
I dont know but my application should be strong enough but i dont know

Passport and residence card family member of EU
USA visa copy
Australia visa copy
Schengen visa copy
From 2 emploment letter holiday letter too
Bank account 100K canadian Dollar + credit card over 15K£
Full UK driving License
Book hotel

I think for its never been like that hard to get visa maybe im not lucky .

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmmm.. what kind of proof did you show as ties to country of residence? family, property, business, employment? have you traveled to the mentioned countries as a tourist? are you going to visit someone in Canada or as a tourist? Did you submit like a itinerary what you are going to do etc? do you have a full time job and/or have been permanent employee?

i think the finances should be ok, also if you have travelled to the mentioned countries/regions and returned without violating the law travel history looks fine.

have they refused you on the same points on all the application or different ones?

Bobojonjon

Jul 29, 2016
I live in the uk for 7 years , so im residence of the UK . All i showed them i have been visiting those countries and some countries show them everythin , but past time refused about financial assest or something like that . This time showed them my saving and my salary all over 100k$ canadian let s i see

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I'm so annoyed! Travelled all the way to London on a 3 hour journey, took time off work, reached the visa application centre, and after half an hour in the line when I finally arrived at the counter, they said the Canada staff is on holiday come back tomorrow

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Note to self and all members: always check for national holidays! Turned out its the Canadian Civic holiday today. Sighh...

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mirza,

oh I'm so sorry about this!.

Better to check it next time you go. The holidays are mentioned on VFS website: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/UnitedKingdom/public_holidays.html

regards,
Hansanee

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Part of me was quite annoyed because you could see there were other staff taking biometrics and pictures. So I asked the reception person why they couldn't take it instead because it shouldn't matter. I didnt like how rude he was, sternly said "No, just go away. Come tomorrow. Next"

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Applied online: 28 July
Status updated: 29 July
Biometrics at the London VAC: 2 August

Submitted the following:
-Application form for TRV requesting a 12 days visit to visit a close relative (my father's cousin and his family who are Canadian nationals)
-Pakistani passport with a valid UK spouse visa
-Bank statements including single and joint with my husband for 6 months showing funds of over 20,000 pounds
-Marriage registeration certificate attested by ministry of foreign affairs of Pakistan
- Marriage certificate (nikahnama) that has my Canadian relative's signature as a witness to the wedding from my side
- My employment letter confirming permanent employment, date of employment, gross salary of about £40k per annum and specifically stating permission for leave for my intended dates of travel
- Pay stubs for past six months attested by employer
- Tax statement for last year
- Council tax bill for our rented house from 2015 and 2016 with both my husband's name and mine to show proof of address and living together
- Letter from my husband verifying his British nationality, our marriage, joint bank statements, job, and how we have a settled life in the UK so I will return to him
- Copy of my husband's passport and his letter of employment (submitted this because I'm on a spouse dependant visa in the UK, and he works at the same company as me)
- Pictures from our marriage showing me, my husband, parents, brothers and my Canadian relative and his wife
- Pictures over the years of me with my Canadian relative (from when I was one to my wedding in 2014) to show close relationship as I did not have anything else as proof of relationship because he is not a blood relative
- Letter of invitation and my relative's Passport ID and tax statements
- My travel history over past five years visiting Thailand, Mauritius and Italy on tourism for about two weeks each, latest a month ago, and a few trips to Pakistan to meet parents and brothers there
- Family information form
- A very detailed purpose of visit letter explaining everything about me, and my relationship to my relative, and what we plan to do there
- Confirmed travel insurance for intended dates of travel
- Interim airline bookings for intended dates of travel

Have I missed anything?

Fingers and everything crossed!!! ::)

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mirza, well i think you've submitted lots of documents which are positive. Lets hope for the best!

Hope you get the trv soon

Regards
Hansanee

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Thanks Hansanee!

Do you know how long it has been taking to hear back recently? From your experience on the forums.

I tried to search here but did not find anything on the forums. I am aware the website says 9 working days but asking about recent experience on here. Thanks

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

No i have no idea. There aren't lot of new London applicants active in this forum. Sorry.

Julian82

Jul 28, 2016
Regarding time frame -- my girlfriend is 4 weeks in for a simple visitor visa (Chinese passport) with me as the sponsor (Canadian working in London). Emailed the visa office about this and they gave a standard reply stating that it's being processed and that they could be busy. Seems to be a generic response...

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Julian,

Have you guys applied online with biometrics through the London VAC? Could you let me know when your status changed to processed?

Thanks

Julian82

Jul 28, 2016
M.mirza said:
Hi Julian,

Have you guys applied online with biometrics through the London VAC? Could you let me know when your status changed to processed?

Thanks
My girlfriend applied at the London VAC on July 6th using a paper form and gave everything on the day -- form, biometrics, passport -- and we had an email the following day (7th) staying that it had been sent to the Canadian Visa Office and was being processed.

From then until now the VFS website states it's being processed, and I did email the VRO using the Case Specific Form on the CIC website. Their response effectively said it's being processed and be patient and that the 9 days they say on their website can go up during busy periods... so we're now at day 29 :)

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I keep getting emails to my personal email account telling me my online application status has been updated, but when I log in to check, its still the same, i.e. open and not started yet. No new messages in my cic account either.

Not sure if its a system glitch but I dont know what to make out of it ::)

Anyone else experiencing this?