+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document translation from Native language to English

needpr

Jun 6, 2013
Dear Members,

My Birth certificate is in Punjabi (Native language) and I want that to be translated into English for FSW 2013 application. My Question is

1. Who can translate the document? Should this be only translated from an translation company (which offers translation services) or it can be done from any individual as well?

2. Is affidafit mandatory from the translator or the certificate on the company letter head (translation services company) will suffice.

3. My location is Noida, India. Please let me know if anyone has faced the similar situation and what was the resolution.

Thanks in advance.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
needpr said:
Dear Members,

My Birth certificate is in Punjabi (Native language) and I want that to be translated into English for FSW 2013 application. My Question is

1. Who can translate the document? Should this be only translated from an translation company (which offers translation services) or it can be done from any individual as well?

2. Is affidafit mandatory from the translator or the certificate on the company letter head (translation services company) will suffice.

3. My location is Noida, India. Please let me know if anyone has faced the similar situation and what was the resolution.

Thanks in advance.
you can translate your documents yourself........but in addition you have to provide affidavit by a Lawyer mentioning on Stamp Paper translated documents ...

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
needpr said:
Dear Members,

Thanks in advance.
bai ji,

ene lamme chakar ch paen di lorr nahi... simple kise notary nu farro and he can translate and then he will attest it to be a true copy (with "Valid Inside & Outside India" stamp)... it will work...

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
jotgrewal said:
bai ji,

ene lamme chakar ch paen di lorr nahi... simple kise notary nu farro and he can translate and then he will attest it to be a true copy (with "Valid Inside & Outside India" stamp)... it will work...

Dear in Check list they do ask for a affidavit for translated documents its a requirement of documents list.......

needpr

Jun 6, 2013
Thanks guys,
Really appritiate your help. I got the document translated from a friend of mine and will submit the notorized copy of original document, translated copy and an affidavit from the translator.
Thanks.

Reactions: Born to win

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
needpr said:
Thanks guys,
Really appritiate your help. I got the document translated from a friend of mine and will submit the notorized copy of original document, translated copy and an affidavit from the translator.
Thanks.

Thats great........you job is done.....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

awai ali said:
Thats great........you job is done.....
Actually rather than relying on the wrong information you have been given, you should read the instructions and you will find the following http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg73

"If a certificate is not in English or French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator. "

frederic12

Apr 1, 2014
HEllo guys! i have the idea where to find the native translation services , try to visit this website: allgraduates.com i can proposed this one this is great interpreter.

Born to win

Oct 23, 2020
bai ji,

Can u share the sample copy of it? I heard tht there is a some kind of a format. Means I went to courts where normal translators are sitting there.. I talked to them thy said u translate the docs.. We will check n correct n after tht we will provide u affidavit... My question is simple should I take simple word print out or dy need to print it in their format? Bcz tht person said u just take the prints

Born to win

Oct 23, 2020
Thanks guys,
Thanks.
Can u please Share the format... I really need it.. I m damn confused