+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you want US Visa Appointment ‘earliest’ date?

chd.piyush

Oct 31, 2013
From which consulate you got the email? And n when was ur scheduled appointment when u received the email?
I received an email to reschedule my appointment to an earlier date in 2024, which I did for myself and my daughter. However, when I tried to reschedule my husband's appointment, his dates are still showing as 2026. He is the main applicant and received the emails on his email address. An agent separated him from the family group and rescheduled his appointment earlier, but he still got 2026. I'm wondering if we can reschedule my husband's appointment. We just received this email today. Does this email have an expiry date?

Last edited:

nikeny14

Sep 27, 2024
I’d like to share my experience. We applied in December 2023 in Toronto, and our initial appointment was set for June 2026. However, we managed to move it up to December 2025 by regularly checking the website for updates. At the end of September, we received email. The next available appointment in Toronto was in the summer of 2025. In the meantime, we decided to book an appointment in Vancouver for October 8, 2024.

Reactions: Evans205

Evans205

Apr 24, 2024
I’d like to share my experience. We applied in December 2023 in Toronto, and our initial appointment was set for June 2026. However, we managed to move it up to December 2025 by regularly checking the website for updates. At the end of September, we received email. The next available appointment in Toronto was in the summer of 2025. In the meantime, we decided to book an appointment in Vancouver for October 8, 2024.
Thank you for sharing you experience! How did you interview go? I just want to know , does it matter where you go for interview? In my own case , I applied September 2024 and got date in dec 2026 but I’ve been able to reschedule up to August 2025 in Toronto, my DS160 is Calgary but I couldn’t see an earlier date in Calgary. Now my question is does it matter that my ds160 is in Calgary and my interview in Toronto ?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Thank you for sharing you experience! How did you interview go? I just want to know , does it matter where you go for interview? In my own case , I applied September 2024 and got date in dec 2026 but I’ve been able to reschedule up to August 2025 in Toronto, my DS160 is Calgary but I couldn’t see an earlier date in Calgary. Now my question is does it matter that my ds160 is in Calgary and my interview in Toronto ?
it doesnt matter that your application says calgary and your interview is in toronto. mine said toronto and I rescheduled my interview to vancouver- I got a 10yr visa

Reactions: Evans205

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I applied in july 2023 from toronto, got an appointment date for july 2025. in june 2024 I got an email saying I was eligible for an earlier appointment, the only one available was in vancouver for july 30 2024. I just got back from Vancouver and my visa as approved on the spot with no interview, no supporting documents.

They only asked for my PR card, RTD and photo, how long I would stay in the US and took my fingerprints. I should receive it in the mail next week, not sure how long for. My RTD expires September 2024. Will update here when I receive it.
I wanted to provide an update:
- After my appointment and getting a document from the embassy saying my visa was approved, I had to wait 3 weeks to receive my passport by courier
- Received a letter saying my Visa was refused under Act 221(g) because it was expiring in less than 2 months
- Letter also said I had up to 1 year to send them a renewed passport, without having to submit the application again or any extra charges
- Renewed my passport (took 3 weeks, valid for 5 years) and sent it back to them (the letter had instructions to email them, they then sent me courier details to send the passport to vancouver for free which I did
- Received my passport from the embassy 1 week later with a 10yr multiple entry visa

nikeny14

Sep 27, 2024
That's right, there were no problems due to the change of city. We got a 3-year visa.