+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO NOT MOVE TO ALBERTA FOR NOMINATION !!!!!! INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS | PGWP !!!

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Don't move to AB for nomination. i know its a great province but govt. here sucks and they don't care about you at all.
you're better off moving to SK, MB or BC. very supportive govt. for nomination. but AB sucks

GOOD LUCK
PM if any questions.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Good.

Just wanna warn all international Students who are planning to come here to Study/work. what's actually going on here. Trust me i love AB more than any other province but AINP just sucks. i know all the students who are coming here want to become PR. but it's not that easy anymore. so just wanna make sure no one gets stuck like me and some other people on this forum. i just to want to help as much as i can.

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

I'm international student in Ontario, starting my study this Jan 2015 for 1 Year Pg Certificate course which will end up on Aug 2015 and i have study permit until Nov 2015.

So that i'm confuse regarding what should i do to secure my ultimate PR Goal In Canada ? Please advise .....

1. My course is Small business entrepreneurship (1year) so that i'm eligible for only 8 month PGWP and in that period of time i have to find field job as well as complete that 1900 hrs to put up PNP file. SO do i go for another 1 year PG course to secure 3 year PGWP?

2. do i move to another province after completing my 1 year course ? for Instance Saskatchewan?

3. I have done MBA in finance & 3 year experience as assistance manager in retail -- do I have any option to eligible in Express Entry ?

4. What are the field related job after completing small business & entrepreneurship? which program should i take after this course which has better opportunity to get field job ?

Please suggest me what should i do...according to your experience....

thank you

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know the current processing time for AINP is 8-12 months for applicants of June 2014 which is actually a long time. Any other specifics? Your topic is kinda scary but with no real reasons am kinda wondering what the fuzz is all about.

They are people here (Alberta) who got their P.R through CEC with no major set backs.

If you want to really help how about sharing your experience with specifics so others can avoid mistakes in the future.

Thanks dell2.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Papa Bomboy said:
I know the current processing time for AINP is 8-12 months for applicants of June 2014 which is actually a long time. Any other specifics? Your topic is kinda scary but with no real reasons am kinda wondering what the fuzz is all about.

They are people here (Alberta) who got their P.R through CEC with no major set backs.

If you want to really help how about sharing your experience with specifics so others can avoid mistakes in the future.

Thanks dell2.

Just to add, this is the "only" PNP where you can apply for nomination without employer support or sign (one of the category).

SergiiK

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
here you are (current processing times):

Estimated processing time if your application was received by the AINP:

On or before December 31, 2013: at least 13 - 15 months from the date your application was received
Between January and April 2014 (inclusive): at least 15 - 18 months from the date your application was received
Between May and August 2014 (inclusive): at least 18 - 24 months from the date your application was received
September 1, 2014 and after: at least 25 months from the date your application was received

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Papa Bomboy said:

Thanks dell2.

I don't mean to scare anyone. I'll tell you what's going on here. I came on a student visa just like everyone else hoping to get PR some day. Studied in Toronto for 1 year. Moved to AB with PGWP of 1 year. At that time Processing time was 1 month while my all friends decided to move to BC or MB. i moved here hoping I'll get PR faster than everyone else. so i found a job and my employer said he will help me with AINP then i work for 2 months and when it's time to sign the documents he said they can't do it. then i quit job and found 2nd employer who has been really helpful all this time. I applied in Dec 2013 (Processing time was 3 months) i thought it was fine. i still had 7 months left on my WP. then Processing time changed from 3>6>12>15 MONTHS. As of today On or before December 31, 2013: at least 13 - 15 months from the date your application was received and in some cases it's 25 months. Now most of students who come here study for 1 year only and get 1 year PGWP hoping to get nomination in this period (YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 1 PGWP NOT MULTIPLE, i didn't knew this) If i was in other province like BC they'll issue me Nomination with support letter even if my WP expire and i'm in the country on visitor visa but in AB they don't give you nomination even if you're in your restoration period (90 days from WP expiry date). they won't give you unless you manage to get valid WP (+ve LMIA). so far this AINP has shown zero support . when i go in there office and ask them what's going on with my application they tell me "you acknowledge and agree that your application may not be processed in the order received, or at all." (we have to sign this while submitting AINP application) I'm not the only one here in this situation. i know 3 people who already left Canada because of their processing time. if you don't trust me you can read it here yourself (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/r-u-waiting-for-ainp-nomination-t165959.3150.html) i know many people who have applied under CEC and got their PR which was great. now it's not the same with Express Entry you get 40 points for 1 yr & 53 points for 2 yr only. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp). this means you are competing with other candidates in the pool. Only sure thing to get PR will be either get LMIA or PNP (will give you 600 Points to rank you higher in the pool). LMIA is not easy, very hectic process. PNP used to be easy in AB but not anymore. i am not trying to scare anyone. i just don't want others to experience this frustration and head back home empty handed. Funny thing is AINP still taking applications giving all applicants hope maybe they'll get it, rather than processing application from 2013. According to AINP now they're processing application which jobs are in Demand first but when i applied it was first come first serve now go figure. Again it's a great province, great city to settle and live in but for the nomination i don't think so.

Will i live in AB -- YES ANYDAY ;D :D
Will i tell my friends to come here for Nomination -- NO F#KING WAY :-X :-[ ::) ???

I hope this helps
Dell2

Important1!

Apr 19, 2014
At this point what will be your advise for me,as i have been making plans to move to Calgary as a pgwp holder from Ontario,but because of the ridiculous processing times i have started thinking of Manitoba,but things are not clear on their website, if you put in your application for MPNP international graduate,and your work permit expires,do you have to leave the country? and also how is the employment rate at Manitob,for good jobs i studied Human resources management,and i have heard their pay rates is very low there in MN and mostly call centre jobs, is it a wise decision to move to MB instead of AB as per PR prospects? HELP PLSSSSS!!!

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
I assume you already have gotten PGWP ?
for MPNP you can only apply after 1 year if you study from any other province than MB.+ Processing time (couldn't find it)

International students from other provinces: If you want to apply to the MPNP because you’ve been offered a job in Manitoba, note that to be eligible you must first have been working for that Manitoba employer for at least one year.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/apply-to-mpnp/mpnp-eligibility/manitoba-employment/#working-grad

If you put in your application & your WP expires. you will have to maintain legal status to stay in country as visitor/student. if you don't you will have to leave country after expiry as mentioned on PGWP. if you get Student/Visitor doesn't guarantee they will process your application, it depends from province to province some do some don't. you can call all of them and find out. i know AB doesn't.

Employment rate you can check here http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
this will tell you jobs, median wage, etc.

I'm not sure what's your main goal here, PR or make money and go home.

for Nomination I don't recommend anyone AB they've more 9000 applications to process with only 5500 nominations to issue. so you can imagine which year they'll open your file. I've applied in DEC 2013 haven't heard anything yet.
--------
If you haven't gotten PGWP i would recommend everyone to study at least 1.5 to 2 year this will buy you more time when you apply for nomination. but even this also won't help in AB because Processing time here is around 25 months which is absurd. (REMEMBER YOU ONLY GET 1 PGWP NOT MULTIPLE)

I think your best bet would be BC or SK. but call all of them and find out all your answers before moving anywhere.

Good Luck

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
dell2 said:
I assume you already have gotten PGWP ?
for MPNP you can only apply after 1 year if you study from any other province than MB.+ Processing time (couldn't find it)

International students from other provinces: If you want to apply to the MPNP because you've been offered a job in Manitoba, note that to be eligible you must first have been working for that Manitoba employer for at least one year.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/apply-to-mpnp/mpnp-eligibility/manitoba-employment/#working-grad

If you put in your application & your WP expires. you will have to maintain legal status to stay in country as visitor/student. if you don't you will have to leave country after expiry as mentioned on PGWP. if you get Student/Visitor doesn't guarantee they will process your application, it depends from province to province some do some don't. you can call all of them and find out. i know AB doesn't.

Employment rate you can check here http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
this will tell you jobs, median wage, etc.

I'm not sure what's your main goal here, PR or make money and go home.

for Nomination I don't recommend anyone AB they've more 9000 applications to process with only 5500 nominations to issue. so you can imagine which year they'll open your file. I've applied in DEC 2013 haven't heard anything yet.
--------
If you haven't gotten PGWP i would recommend everyone to study at least 1.5 to 2 year this will buy you more time when you apply for nomination. but even this also won't help in AB because Processing time here is around 25 months which is absurd. (REMEMBER YOU ONLY GET 1 PGWP NOT MULTIPLE)

I think your best bet would be BC or SK. but call all of them and find out all your answers before moving anywhere.

Good Luck
thanks a lot Dell for making things clear and let us all know and yes, to warn us. :)

Doppel91

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-06-2015 inshAllah
Dell,

I would like to ask about Ontario PNP. Since you already graduated from Ontario, why didnt you opt for ON PNP program. I myself will be starting my Masters from McMaster in this fall. There is a mention on Ontario Immig. Website that if you are a masters graduate and that your program is atleast one year, you are eligible to apply for PR and you dont even need to have a job offer for that. Thats what I plan to go for in late 2016 as my masters program is of 1 year. Howcome you didnt go for it?

Your response would be much appreciated.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doppel91 said:
Dell,

I would like to ask about Ontario PNP. Since you already graduated from Ontario, why didnt you opt for ON PNP program. I myself will be starting my Masters from McMaster in this fall. There is a mention on Ontario Immig. Website that if you are a masters graduate and that your program is atleast one year, you are eligible to apply for PR and you dont even need to have a job offer for that. Thats what I plan to go for in late 2016 as my masters program is of 1 year. Howcome you didnt go for it?

Your response would be much appreciated.
I wish i can study a master degree instead of diploma... The canadian universities dont recognize my university transcript.. .Even they asked to take high school course in Canada in order to get an acceptance letter... Then you are lucky. You can study master degree