+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need ECA for each degree i have?

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
SidhuZ said:
As WES mentioned in website, you need to send Bachelor's documents too for this case. They won't proceed without Bachelors
True. its mentioned on WES website to send bachelors degree as well.

Its better to get an ECA for bachelors along with masters

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hello Members,

My educational background is Msc completed from India in 2001 (3+2) and MBA from UK from 2011-2012. I have got ECA for the MBA based on Master's document alone since it is a UK degree.

Here is my question:
I am showing work experience under NOC 2171 from Jan 2007 - Aug 2011 followed by break for MBA and then return to work from Feb 2013 - Jun 2016 (all under the same employer). Do I need to complete ECA for the India degrees? I am of the same opinion as expressed earlier that highest degree is sufficient. However, will the ECA come into question since work experience begins in 2007.

Or would the better option be to show the MSC under personal history and only claim points for the MBA?

I have not yet created the EE profile - awaiting IELTS results this Friday.

Any suggestions/advice are much apprecited. Thanks in advance.

dineshsingh2004

Feb 27, 2016
rajpalneha36 said:
Hello All,
this might be a stupid question as i just woke :p up to apply for Express entry.you can also direct me if this question is already answered

Question:I have a Masters degree from USA .i also have a Bachelors degree from India.Now do i need to have both my degrees approved from ECA ? or just having Master Degree (from USA ) approved from ECA will be enough to get points.

Please help.
Thank You
Hi,

No. You don't need ECA for all educational certificates. Only, the highest one, which is Masters from USA. You get points, based on highest qualification.

Make sure, you do not mention any other degree/diploma in your Education tab. Many have done it, including me, and received PPR, without any question.

Thanks.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
dineshsingh2004 said:
Hi,

No. You don't need ECA for all educational certificates. Only, the highest one, which is Masters from USA. You get points, based on highest qualification.

Make sure, you do not mention any other degree/diploma in your Education tab. Many have done it, including me, and received PPR, without any question.

Thanks.
Is this fine even if there is work experience between degrees for which points are being claimed? I am claiming 4 years exp prior to my second master's degree. Will it raise any flag since work experience is before an ECA degree. Shall I mention my earlier Master's in the personal history section?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
karthik2479 said:
Is this fine even if there is work experience between degrees for which points are being claimed? I am claiming 4 years exp prior to my second master's degree. Will it raise any flag since work experience is before an ECA degree. Shall I mention my earlier Master's in the personal history section?
No, that's perfectly fine. You should mention the actual dates of study in your personal history.

Crazee69

Apr 17, 2017
india
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Hi guys have a small doubt. I have worked 3 years after my degree and then simultaneously I working and studing Masters so in this case which can be considered as the highest qualifications to be considered on the basis of overall experience.. Studied from India..
Thanks in advance

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
you should have mentioned only those in your Education history section and saved your bachelor's for the personal history section alone.
Hi all (and rajkamalmohanram),

I am a newbie here and would like to step into the application process.

Regarding ECA, I have three questions:

1) There are five nominated agents for conducting and provide an ECA however many in this thread only talk about WES. What is the pros and cons of these organizations in terms of fees, time taken for processing, and the layout of their ECA report? Should I go with the WES?

2) After having read through all the discussion, I plan to evaluate my all three degrees (PhD, MSc [both from Korea] and BSc [Sri Lanka]). Any necessity for ECA for secondary school qualification in my case?

3) My spouse currently reads her PhD. Should I apply an ECA separately to assess her MSc and BBA? How about her incomplete PhD (she is in her 4th semester)? Does WES consider me and my spouse as two separate applicants? Is it really necessary to assess spouse’s qualifications which may help to claim (additional) CRS points? i.e., I could assess her qualifications if I will gain a few CRS points.

Pardon me; my questions might look silly. But, I need your kind information before sending them to evaluation.

Thanks.

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
uma1982suthan said:
Hi all (and rajkamalmohanram),

I am a newbie here and would like to step into the application process.

Regarding ECA, I have three questions:

1) There are five nominated agents for conducting and provide an ECA however many in this thread only talk about WES. What is the pros and cons of these organizations in terms of fees, time taken for processing, and the layout of their ECA report? Should I go with the WES?

2) After having read through all the discussion, I plan to evaluate my all three degrees (PhD, MSc [both from Korea] and BSc [Sri Lanka]). Any necessity for ECA for secondary school qualification in my case?

3) My spouse currently reads her PhD. Should I apply an ECA separately to assess her MSc and BBA? How about her incomplete PhD (she is in her 4th semester)? Does WES consider me and my spouse as two separate applicants? Is it really necessary to assess spouse’s qualifications which may help to claim (additional) CRS points? i.e., I could assess her qualifications if I will gain a few CRS points.

Pardon me; my questions might look silly. But, I need your kind information before sending them to evaluation.

Thanks.
Hi,

Please find below my opinion:
1. WES is the cheapest as far as I understand
2. You can chose to go only with your PhD evaluation as this is the highest qualification. MSc and BSc are optional. Secondary school is not required. WES will take same fees for evaluating all your qualifications
3.For your spouse, you should get her MSc and BBA evaluated if you are claiming points for it in Express Entry. This will be a separate application to WES with separate fees

Hope this helps!

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
SidhuZ said:
3.For your spouse, you should get her MSc and BBA evaluated if you are claiming points for it in Express Entry. This will be a separate application to WES with separate fees
Thanks SidhuZ!

Meanwhile, is there any specific reason why the ECA for the highest degree of PA is enough (PhD and not the MSc and BSc) while the co-applicant would need ECA for all the degrees (MSc and BBA)?

And, how about the partially completed degree (of my spouse, PhD)?

Again, many thanks.

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
Dear All,

I got ITA on April 05th, 2017. I have received my Ph.D from Canada and Master`s and Bachelor`s from India. I haven`t done ECA for my Master`s and Bachelor`s since I will only require my Canadian Ph.D for CRS points. However, I have added Pre-Degree, Bachelor`s and Master`s in the education history section and answered `NO` to the question `` Have you received ECA for this degree`` (for all degrees except Ph.D).

Is it ok to add pre-degree, Bachelor`s and Master`s under the education history. Would it cause any confusion due to declaring degrees which do not have ECA reports? I won`t be able to add this under the personal history section since these are more than 10 years old. Please note that I had included all the degrees in the pre-ITA express entry form and it has been carried over to the post-ITA PR application form.

Please advise.

Thank You.

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hello,

I am from India and did both Bachelors (B.Tech, 4 years) and Masters(M.B.A, 2 years) from India. Although the topic has been discussed in this thread, i wanted to ensure that my interpretation is correct, so if one one of the members can help me with my query below.

To get your MBA evaluated, did WES require you to send your bachelor's degree transcripts as well, or did the MBA transcripts were enough to issue ECA ?

I ask because of this text on WES website, which can be interpreted in two different ways.

"For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2) for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation."

Since mine is a 4 year B.tech + 2 year MBA and want to make sure that to get ECA for my MBA, if i need the transcripts for B.tech aswell

Thanks.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
samroc said:
I think it might be useful for anyone to comment if their application was successful with just their highest degree being claimed for points with an ECA. I have a Canadian Masters so it really doesn't make much sense for me to get my bachelor's evaluated.
"Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential. You will not get any points for your foreign education under the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under the FSWP if the result on your ECA report does not match at least one of the results in the conversion table."

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
dineshsingh2004 said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Dear are you sure about that ? only highest Degree needs ECA

Following is paragraph from CIC website

"Depending on your case, you may want to have both your secondary and post-secondary credentials assessed, and not just your highest completed foreign credential. You will not get any points for your foreign education under the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under the FSWP if the result on your ECA report does not match at least one of the results in the conversion table."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp