+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need ECA for each degree i have?

Nitin Garg

Sep 7, 2016
Dear All,

I hope you all are doing great.

I have some queries regarding Education Degree / Diploma assessment as per World education services Canada.

I have done 3 year full time Regular graduation and after wards 2 years full time PGDM in marketing which is Equivalent to MBA.

I need to understand, Is my credential is at par with Canadian education services.?

can anybody help me in this?

Thanks

ghoshlahana

Oct 4, 2016
I have a post graduate diploma from Canada. Which means my highest education is a Canadian one. Do I still need to get an ECA for my foreign bachelors degree ? The requirement for my Canadian degree was that I had a bachelors degree. Please advise.

munn@

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi All,

I have not mentioned My Higher secondary education while creating express entry profile, and have received ITA

while you are filling forms after getting ITA, study section automatically populated with the information provided in EE profile.
So is it ok if i add my High secondary education now as i haven't mentioned it when creating EE profile.

Note: This doesn't effect my score.

kindly advise on how to proceed with it.

Thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
munn@ said:
Hi All,

I have not mentioned My Higher secondary education while creating express entry profile, and have received ITA

while you are filling forms after getting ITA, study section automatically populated with the information provided in EE profile.
So is it ok if i add my High secondary education now as i haven't mentioned it when creating EE profile.

Note: This doesn't effect my score.

kindly advise on how to proceed with it.

Thanks
If you do you'll be asked to upload copies of your diplomas etc. You don't have to add it.

ch671

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
I recently received an ITA and submitted my application with my doctorate and masters ECA but without my bachelors ECA. My application was CANCELLED and I was told to do the whole thing again (including expression of interest, getting an ITA, submitting the application).

Needless to say, I've applied for my bachelors' ECA which is particularly hard to get since the Indian university I graduated from has a primitive challan system and a useless website for applying to send transcripts directly to the ECA organization :mad: :mad:

Irrespective of what's written on any FAQs on the CIC website, you DO need ECA's for all degrees apparently.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ch671 said:
I recently received an ITA and submitted my application with my doctorate and masters ECA but without my bachelors ECA. My application was CANCELLED and I was told to do the whole thing again (including expression of interest, getting an ITA, submitting the application).

Needless to say, I've applied for my bachelors' ECA which is particularly hard to get since the Indian university I graduated from has a primitive challan system and a useless website for applying to send transcripts directly to the ECA organization :mad: :mad:

Irrespective of what's written on any FAQs on the CIC website, you DO need ECA's for all degrees apparently.
That hurts mate..

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
I think it might be useful for anyone to comment if their application was successful with just their highest degree being claimed for points with an ECA. I have a Canadian Masters so it really doesn't make much sense for me to get my bachelor's evaluated.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
ch671 said:

Can you share the exact reason your application was cancelled? This seems unlikely, as several members of this forum have only had their highest qualifications evaluated and have been successful. Also, you are only required to submit documentation to corroborate your points. If you had an ECA for your doctorate, as you said, you wouldn't get extra points for having an ECA for your bachelores.

Also, did you add the unevaluated Bachelors degree to your Education History?

kapoor1992

Mar 22, 2017
Hi, I am a newbie so please bare with me if the question is silly.

I have a Bachelor's degree from India and my degree comes with a certificate of diploma(each) in French, Business Communication and Behavioral Science. Also, i have a certification from Microchip for Micro controller programming.

So, the question is, do i have to send the Programmer Certification and the Diploma certificate as well for ECA ??

I know that the French diploma might make a difference but will Microchip certification also need an ECA

PS: I hope i have framed the question properly :p

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kapoor1992 said:
Hi, I am a newbie so please bare with me if the question is silly.

I have a Bachelor's degree from India and my degree comes with a certificate of diploma(each) in French, Business Communication and Behavioral Science. Also, i have a certification from Microchip for Micro controller programming.

So, the question is, do i have to send the Programmer Certification and the Diploma certificate as well for ECA ??

I know that the French diploma might make a difference but will Microchip certification also need an ECA

PS: I hope i have framed the question properly :p
The former is fine. However, the latter appears to be a professional certification and I don't think you can claim points for any professional certifications.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ch671 said:

The thing is, you shouldn't have mentioned about your Bachelor's in your Education history section if you did not have an ECA for it. If you had an ECA for your Doctorate and Masters alone, you should have mentioned only those in your Education history section and saved your bachelor's for the personal history section alone.

Also, did you submit your degrees along with the ECA? If you didn't submit your degree(s), then that might have been the contributing factor to your refusal.

Reactions: IndoKori and ch671
Jun 7, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
The thing is, you shouldn't have mentioned about your Bachelor's in your Education history section if you did not have an ECA for it. If you had an ECA for your Doctorate and Masters alone, you should have mentioned only those in your Education history section and saved your bachelor's for the personal history section alone.

Also, did you submit your degrees along with the ECA? If you didn't submit your degree(s), then that might have been the contributing factor to your refusal.

I have Diploma, Bachelors (professional degree which needs licnece for practice) and masters. I have Done ECA only for Bachelors which yielded me maximum points. So it is okay to not have the ECA for the other two (diploma and masters) ? I have points claimed for bachelors which i have ECA and not for the rest.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rakesh.joshi03 said:
I have Diploma, Bachelors (professional degree which needs licnece for practice) and masters. I have Done ECA only for Bachelors which yielded me maximum points. So it is okay to not have the ECA for the other two (diploma and masters) ? I have points claimed for bachelors which i have ECA and not for the rest.
If you are not claiming points for your diploma and bachelors and you don't have an ECA for it, do NOT mention it in the education history section. Just retain them in the personal history section if you completed those credentials within the past 10 years.

Reactions: hope_faith

quillnquire

Jun 11, 2015
Hey guys,

I have completed two post-grad certificates from Canada, I am in my home country right now and looking to apply for Express Entry from here. Do I still need to get my bachelors and masters evaluated from WES?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Have a good one :)

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
JIDI said:
Important Note:
If you are submitting documents for evaluation of an earned Master’s degree (Arts, Sciences, Commerce) or an earned Post-Graduate Diploma, you must also provide WES with your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES will not proceed with an evaluation.

Im confused....if i send my Master's degree....WES wont proceed??
As WES mentioned in website, you need to send Bachelor's documents too for this case. They won't proceed without Bachelors