+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DIY or Canada Visa? Which one are you?!

Drazfoo

Oct 9, 2009
Hi, Just reading all the posts on the forum and there are loads of people that apply for their visa by themselves.
Surely it must be harder going it alone rather than getting the guys at Canada Visa to do it!

Do most people do it themselves to save money?

Im just interested.

regards

bobine

May 5, 2008
i did mine by myself coz the proceedure on the cic website was understood and to save money also

Drazfoo

Oct 9, 2009
Bobine,
Thanks. Im just interested in what other people are up to. I dont have the time to do it myself so i got Canada Visa to do mine. Have you been approved?

Regards

adam912

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17 th
I don't have time either so we hired a representative.

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
I'm DIY. Doing it alone is NOT hard, as long as u can understand instructions.

But if someone asks me to recommend a lawyer, I would probably recommend David Cohen (the guy who runs canadavisa.com), simply out of gratitude for running this very valuable, open-to-all forum with absolutely no interference.

birbal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18/06/2010
Dear,

1 month ago I started the thread, DIY. No one has responded so dis-continued.

All the best

Birbal

Drazfoo

Oct 9, 2009
Hi Birbal,

Im sorry to hear that your thread was not responsive. I hope together we can work as a team in regards to the end result we both want!

Kind regards
John

Drazfoo

Oct 9, 2009
Well done Bobine,
Was it a stressful process? Im reading alot of posts on here and there is a lot of frustration.

regards

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
Actually mate, if u can read instructions and understand them properly, Canada immigration is the easiest process by far. If you want to see a real stressful process, try reading the NZ or Aus immigration instructions.

Drazfoo

Oct 9, 2009
WindTunnel,
Im just lazy to be honest. Plus the fear of messing it up and balming myself holds the key also. i guess if i let a pro do it and it fails then i wont be holding myslef responsable lol.

There is nothing to stop my application being turned down so im really excited.
At what stage are you at?

Regards

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
Im just curious but how much does a consultant charge? In my country, its usually around $5000 all inclusive. Out of that, little over $1000 goes to CIC and rest to the consultant. I feel that's daylight robbery.

My process was quite smooth. I'm at medical stage now.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
O agree with the responses above, Canadian immigration process is the most transparent. Of course you can DIY if your case is clear (clearly one of the categories, enough points and work experience, no bad medical conditions and/or criminal convictions on your record). But if you have past problems that are asked about in the forms - or you need to tweak your work experience a bit to get the right NOC - than you may want hire a consultant or even lawyer who would help you to present the things as to be in your favour. Alternatibely, you may want to limit yourself to several consultations and still submit the documents yourself.
good luck!

Drazfoo

Oct 9, 2009
My rep is charging me about C$3500. Then i have to pay for the medical i guess.
I dont have time to DIY so Canada Visa.com was the only and easiest choice for me.