+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discussion of work experience in [Work Experience] and [Personal History]

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
There could be some people have same question:
Do I have to include ALL my work experience? Even if some of the work is not claiming points.

I'd like to open this topic and want some senior members or professional persons to give a final advice on this.

In fact I have similar question, some people told me that I should include all work experience in personal history.

But i think it's different in "work experience" and "personal history", right?
"Work Experience" should be the one in EE system, but "Personal History" is the step after ITA. Is it?
Or please kindly let me know where and what "personal history" is?

My understanding is,
in EE, no need to mention ALL work history, but only those you want to claim points
in EE, all mentioned work history should provide proof documents: Reference letter. If cannot have it, provide LOE, Contract, offer letter and etc.

in Personal History, ALL work history should be mentioned, or say, there cannot be a gap in terms of "time".
in Personal History, it is not mandatory to provide proof documents if the work experience items list inside.

May I have your opinion?
Thanks ALL.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
hhhh said:
Is there any one would like to discuss about this or have similar question?
I have the same question

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
In personal history as the name itself indicates you should mention your history including the employment.
In employment history you can mention only the employment for which you claimed points.(IRCC will expect documents for this work experience only), If you mention other work experiences also for which you dodnt claim points, the system automatically open a slot asking for reference letters.(IRCC dont really need them as you didnt claim any points).

Hope this helps

hhhh

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
nmeka,

I just see your kindly reply today...sorry about it.
I appreciate your clarification. Then I will mention that work experience in Personal History Only.
Thanks!

nmeka said:
In personal history as the name itself indicates you should mention your history including the employment.
In employment history you can mention only the employment for which you claimed points.(IRCC will expect documents for this work experience only), If you mention other work experiences also for which you dodnt claim points, the system automatically open a slot asking for reference letters.(IRCC dont really need them as you didnt claim any points).

Hope this helps

Dr Orakzai

Jul 23, 2015
Hi sorry to hijack this question but I don't want to claim any work experince point for crs as with lima I get something over 900 point because my employer are refusing letter specified by crc and i dont want any headache asking letters. Will this affect aplication outcome?. I am happy to mention this experince in personal history rather than work history. Please anyone that done this reply.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Orakzai said:
Hi sorry to hijack this question but I don't want to claim any work experince point for crs as with lima I get something over 900 point because my employer are refusing letter specified by crc and i dont want any headache asking letters. Will this affect aplication outcome?. I am happy to mention this experince in personal history rather than work history. Please anyone that done this reply.
To be eligible for EE, you must have at least 1 year of full-time work experience (continuous, in the case of foreign work experience), and you must provide proof of this experience.

MattyBro

Apr 14, 2016
Hello friends,

My work experience of 28 months Jan '10-May '12 has a different NOC and current work experience of 2 years and 2 months has a different NOC. Will i be eligible to get points for both?, as 3 years+ work ex gets more points in CRS.

Please advise.

Thanks in anticipation for help

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MattyBro said:
Hello friends,

My work experience of 28 months Jan '10-May '12 has a different NOC and current work experience of 2 years and 2 months has a different NOC. Will i be eligible to get points for both?, as 3 years+ work ex gets more points in CRS.

Please advise.

Thanks in anticipation for help
Yes.

MattyBro

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks a lot for your quick reply istari bro... :)

How do i interpret this "in only one occupation" while trying to calculate points from CRS calculator on CIC website?
'How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.'

As my total 3+ years of work experience are in two different occupations, if we define a occupation by a NOC.

I have been bit confused here :(

Thanks again Istari bro

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MattyBro said:
Thanks a lot for your quick reply istari bro... :)

How do i interpret this "in only one occupation" while trying to calculate points from CRS calculator on CIC website?
'How many years of skilled foreign work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation.'

As my total 3+ years of work experience are in two different occupations, if we define a occupation by a NOC.

I have been bit confused here :(

Thanks again Istari bro
You have to have 1 year of "continuous, paid, full-time" work experience in your primary NOC. All your other work experience can be in multiple NOCs and multiple jobs.

MattyBro

Apr 14, 2016
Many Thanks bro for all help...Would keep my experience reference docs ready to claim points from overall 3+ years experience bucket...God bless you :)